Safari fast passes in morning?

Davey Jones II

DIS Veteran
Is there any point in getting a FP for the Kilimanjaro Safari before 11? Would that be a waste of a fast pass, considering that Pandora draws most of the crowds for the first couple hours of park operation? Thanks!

Depends on what other FPs you might want.

Pandora definitely draws a crowd, but not to the point that all the other rides are ghost towns. The line for Safari will build somewhat quickly. Before 10am you're probably OK, but after that it starts to build fast. You may want to get one if you're planning 11am.

Pandora definitely draws a crowd, but not to the point that all the other rides are ghost towns. The line for Safari will build somewhat quickly. Before 10am you're probably OK, but after that it starts to build fast. You may want to get one if you're planning 11am.
Yup. By 11 there could be a significant wait. It is walk-on at rope drop but builds pretty quickly (at least it did prior to Avatar opening).

Great question, I am hoping I can hijack:
We are going to AK on Tuesday Jan 2nd. While the parks are very busy, we are hoping that at Rope drop we will be able to walk on to Everest
Then walk over to meet family for 1st FP at Safari at 930ish. (they are eating at the restaurant right there for character meal)
THEN walk over to Everest for 2nd Fp 1030-1130
Brother would want a FP for one of the Pandora rides for any time after that....I am avoiding the area all together and think maybe Dinosaur FP 12-1 then we will go to DS

Am I realistic in the time? Will we be able to do Everest before meeting? and I forget how long the walk is from Rope Drop to Everest, and then Everest to Safari...

We are going to AK on Tuesday Jan 2nd. While the parks are very busy, we are hoping that at Rope drop we will be able to walk on to Everest
Then walk over to meet family for 1st FP at Safari at 930ish. (they are eating at the restaurant right there for character meal)
Brother would want a FP for one of the Pandora rides for any time after that....I am avoiding the area all together and think maybe Dinosaur FP 12-1 then we will go to DS

Am I realistic in the time? Will we be able to do Everest before meeting? and I forget how long the walk is from Rope Drop to Everest, and then Everest to Safari...
Are you open to using the single rider line for EE? I've never had to wait more than 10 minutes, usually it ends up being much less than that (even being a true walk-on!). Then you can save your FPs for something else.

Thanks for the replies. I have a related question: if we do the Safari first thing in the morning, then head to Pandora to do River Journey, are the wait times for that rides likely to be short (say, 20 minutes or so)? We will probably do vice versa, too. So which one to do first? River or Safari?

1. if we do the Safari first thing in the morning, then head to Pandora to do River Journey, are the wait times for that rides likely to be short (say, 20 minutes or so)?
2. So which one to do first? River or Safari?

1. No.
2. River.

Yes, you're realistic in times to be able to do that. But why would you avoid Pandora? It's really cool. The walk from the gate to Everest is probably 10 minutes, less if you hustle. Same with the walk from Everest to Safari. AK is a big place, lots of walking...

Thanks for the replies. I have a related question: if we do the Safari first thing in the morning, then head to Pandora to do River Journey, are the wait times for that rides likely to be short (say, 20 minutes or so)? We will probably do vice versa, too. So which one to do first? River or Safari?

If you're doing rope drop/park open and want to do NRJ and Safari, without a doubt I'd do NRJ first. The line builds pretty fast, plus it's a relatively short ride. So if you hit it at park open, you could easily be off NRJ by 9:30am and on your way to Safari. Safari is a long ride by it's nature. If you do that first, you likely won't even get off until 9:40ish, then have to head to NRJ. By then, the line will be really long.

Last trip in August we found the rest of the park to be close to a ghost town till about 11.

I wouldn't say its a waste, since you are somewhat limited in when and on what FP can be used. Perhaps schedule them for midday and afternoon?

Are you open to using the single rider line for EE? I've never had to wait more than 10 minutes, usually it ends up being much less than that (even being a true walk-on!). Then you can save your FPs for something else.
well, the 4 of us are hoping to literally walk on if we go straight at rope drop. This to buy the rest of the family some time to finish breakfast, use bathroom, etc before meeting 930 for safari. I am just not sure if we have enough time to walk at RD to Everest, ride, then walk to safari for meeting around 930.
THEN after Safari 8 of the 10 of us want to ride and would prefer to ride together, hence the fast pass at 1030

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter