~Sam and Marc's DL Wedding~ *Planning Session!*

Hi guys!
I hope youll all forgive me for reposting the same information that I just typed up for another group of gals. :flower3:

Last weekend I was able to go down to DL and meet with Kelly. My planner is tracy, but since shes gone I was with Kelly. It overall wasnt a good experience, and actually made me second guess my decision to use them. Marc wasnt able to go with me so our bestfriends, my MOH and his BM went with me instead. They left us there waiting for over 30 minutes after we were supposed to meet. When we finally met, they were pretty scatter brained. They couldnt find anything and I never even got to meet the florist. Instead we had a conference call with her which made things akward and hard to visualize.

After we met with disney, my MOH and I drove to go meet with Tricia form designs by tricia. She says HI! to those that know her. lol. She was great and we had a much more comfortable and better time with her. After we met with her I was pretty excited about the designs and decisions.

Our colors are black and red. For the ceremony I choose a black aisle runner and red petals down the sides. I'll have black swagging on the gazebo and a red spray on the top. My bouquet will be red roses wrapped in black ribbon and white lace with black feathers in it. The bridesmaids get white roses, red ribbon and black lace with white feathers. The guys will be similar with the feathers too. Just tealights on the cocktail hour tables. for the reception I want white chair covers and black sashes. Black tablecloths with red napkins and black and white scroll overlays on the sweetheart table and on the extra tables with the guest book etc. The centerpieces will be a tall silver candelabra stand with red flowers and black feathers, or a silver urn with the same flowers. Then ill cluster tealights around the bottom. We are really hoping to be able to have the lighted swagging from the ceiling also.

ry%3D400
style of lace around the flowers, but black ribbon and white lace, or red ribbon and black lace
ry%3D400
red roses with black feathers
ry%3D400
style of chair covers and tablecloths
ry%3D400
overlay for the sweetheart and extra tables
ry%3D400
tall centerpiece but without the arms on it.
ry%3D400
Urns for the low centerpieces
ry%3D400
style of flowers and feathers for all the centerpieces.

The cake will be white with black ribbon along the bottom of each tier and black scrolling across it. Im still searching for my cake topper which i want to be robin hood and maid marian. I choose 4 different flavors to try for the cake and made sure to include the cream cheese one everyone talks about. :)
ry%3D400

ry%3D400
Cake topper im hunting for at the parks still.

For the menu marc got to decide. He choose the Love Affair. It had the prawns and beef, with salad, potatoes, etc. I however substituted the desert for chocolate covered strawberries. The cheeses and pecans are for the cocktail hour.

For those who havent seen the DL menus here is what we choose:
cocktail hour-
The Heartland Selection
Mild Tillamook Cheddar, Laura Chenel Goat Cheese Rolled in Chives,
Candied Pecans & Cracked Black Pepper
Cheese Torta: Layers of Cream Cheeses with Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto & Basil Pesto
Brie en Croute with Choice of
Dried Fruit Chutney, Herbed Sautéed Mushrooms, or Caramelized Apples & Pecans

Dinner-
“A Love Affair”
Artisan Bread Basket
Caesar Salad with Baby Romaine Lettuce,
Focaccia Croutons, Parmesan Crisp, & Tangy Lemon Dressing
Petit Herb Crusted Filet of Beef
&
Garlic Marinated Prawns
Baby Vegetables of Carrots, Fennel, & Squash
with Garlic Smashed Potatoes
White Chocolate and Passion Fruit Heart
with Fresh Berries
Freshly Brewed Coffee, Decaffeinated Coffee, & Specialty Teas

I know its way too early to be stressed about this stuff, but when i get a chance to plan while in school I take the opportunity. I got inspired and began trying out some tears of joy packs. With so much time, it wouldnt be hard to make about 50 packs. (not everyone needs one right!)

so here are the favors that I wanted to use as placecard holders also.
25053SV-M.JPG

Then i thought it might be cute to have a table with cute favors set out just to kind of add to the decor. I found some super cheap clearance boxes at michaels and wrapped them in damask paper and ribbon. This is just an example, but would put m&ms or something in them. Again, time isnt really an issue except that i would have to do it all not long before the wedding because of the candy. Heres my demo:
ry%3D400

Lastly, I made 3 different versions of tears of joy packs. It was good to take the time and figure out how to make it work well. I should have put the ribbon higher, but i guess ill do that in the future. I think i like the damask ribbon and red ribbon. Any opinions? I need help deciding!

ry%3D400

Love all the new stuff you've chosen! The floral will be beautiful! :thumbsup2 Sorry they were scatterbrained with you though. That's a real bummer... and I'm surprised! DF and I have always had an amazing time of the way DFTW has treated us. Then again, we've been dealing with Cynthia since day one too. :confused3

By the way, great selection on your menu! You really can't go wrong with any of the cake flavors, and that caesar salad with the lemon dressing is unbelievable! DF and I were blown away with how good it was! So yay! :goodvibes It's all coming together for you!!

Oh yeah, and I think the red ribbon looks the best for sure. Love the damask paper on the favor box too!

Ooh the menu sounds so good. I love that cheese selection! It's nice to see another DL bride and get an idea of how wedding planning is over there. The cake is beautiful! I love the Tears of Joy packets, I keep flip flopping on whether I want to do them or not...did they take a long time?

I like the red ribbon, it makes it easier to read the label to me.

thanks for the advice on the packets. I think i may do a mix of red and patterned just so that I can use up the rest of the ribbon I have. Unless I find something else to use it for.

Tonight i was cleaning out my craft supply box and found some extra beads and wire that i was using last year. I made wine glass charms for my friends birthday. I found that I had red and black beads and had already made some solid black rings with key charms. I made a few more with mixed red and black and black charms. Theyre cute and maybe i could use them for the wedding party during the wedding or rehearsal. I probably won't because they may just be lost etc. But at least theyre cute little wedding color charms. I'll post pictures as soon as my camera charges.;)

:wave2: Hi Sam. I didn't even realize you had this thing going. I can't believe its less than a year already. It just seems so far away when youwere taling about it on TFW!

The dress is gorgeous. I can't wait to read more about it!:thumbsup2:goodvibes

Thanks guys!

I know the robin hood is a figurine. I saw at DL a few months ago and fell in love with it. Then i went back to get it with my AP discount and now i cant find it. But its not retired so im waiting it out for a while longer.

how cool! love your dress and all your ideas! you two look so cute! we are getting to disneyland the end of april (missing bat day! :confused3 ) - i haven't been in 5 years, we've never been together. i would LOVE to be married at DL!! if i were doing that, we'd totally "flash mob" it and just get hitched on pirates or in the REAL haunted mansion!!

the reception looks really nice - and congrats on the great dress and where you found it!

Very nice stuff, Sam!!!!

I like the tears of joy packet with the small silver ribbon - very cute!

Hi Sam! I had no idea you had a PJ going on. I will definitely be following from now on. The venue looks very beautiful. :lovestruc

Ok so i have found bridesmaid and flower girl dresses. I just have to decide whether we should take the jump and order them online without having tried them on.

As a reminder this is what my dress looks like. No beading, just solid duchess satin, with jewels under the bust and a sweetheart neckline.

003_primary.jpg

Different bridesmaid dresses. They may choose their own. I havent decided on red or black, but theyll all be the same color.

2140_c.jpg
2140_b_3.jpg

2142_b_1.jpg
2142_b_2.jpg

2145_b_1.jpg
2145_b_3.jpg

2147_b_2.jpg
2147_b_3.jpg

2150_b_1.jpg
2150_b_3.jpg

Flower girl dresses
KB_C2860.jpg
KB_C2860-1.jpg

What do you guys think?

Cute BM dresses!! I looove love the first one! So cute and rewearable! And the FG dress is precious too. :thumbsup2

Wow! I immediately fell in love with all your plans! Even though im only 15 i love looking over peoples things. Its adorable how you met in high school. I LOVE your weeding dress, and i like the second BM dress the best. Im a fan of strapless and flowing. I'm sure what you pick will be amazing and beautiful either way.

Thanks for following along! I used to love looking at everyones plans too. Now that I should be planning, it just feels like an overload to read everyones pjs.

So I just received my shoes. They are super tall! I guess itll take me a while to get used to them. My only problem is that I wanted to wear flats for the reception, but I really cant do it without my dress dragging on the ground. Any ideas?

1091142-p-MULTIVIEW.jpg

I thought the flower would look tacky, but in person its very cute.

I LOVE :love::love: your shoes!!!!!:lovestruc

Not sure about the hem, I too am wearing very tall heels for the wedding but we're not dancing so I'm not too worried about them (except for loosing a heel on the Boardwalk when we take pictures) but I did buy some cute colour matched flip flops for if my feet get sore, I figure I'll deal with the hem if I have to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter