Samantha & Dave's PJ... 2/8/10 WP/ADH, PS TR Started Pg 78!

WOW so I had looked at your PJ before but tonight I looked and feel like I missed TONS! So much exciting news where to begin? 1)First off love the color options! I love bright, fun, and non-traditional colors too! I was most drawn to the rasberry and aqua pic... but maybe that's just because I love cake:rotfl2: I actually love all the options! Our main colors are going to be a leaf green and fuschia but with touches of orange and aqua... so pretty much that exploding crayon box you mentioned:lmao: 2)I love the pic of DF's nephew... he is SOOOOO cute- will he be your ring bearer? 3)Congrats on the dance school! That is so cool! What an AMAZING opportunity! Hope it works out... keep us updated:banana: 4)Who is your wedding planner? That is an awesome idea about having a rehearsal tailgate! YAY:cheer2: I'll keep my fingers crossed that you get your date! Can't wait to hear more!

How exciting that you've picked all of your bridal attendants. And you are SO right, you can have as many MOHs as you want...it's your day!!! I can't wait to see the newsletters. I definitely wished I would have thought to do a bridal party newsletter...it would have saved me TONS of cell phone minutes :rotfl: Can't wait for the next updated.

ariel1025: How exciting that you've picked all of your bridal attendants. And you are SO right, you can have as many MOHs as you want...it's your day!!! I can't wait to see the newsletters. I definitely wished I would have thought to do a bridal party newsletter...it would have saved me TONS of cell phone minutes Can't wait for the next updated.

Thank you! I'll put up some newsletter pics later on today (or maybe tomorrow since it wont stop snowing and we have to keep shoveling :rolleyes2 )oh well! I hope it saves me a little time since our bridal party lives in MA, CA, and SC.

polynesianbride WOW so I had looked at your PJ before but tonight I looked and feel like I missed TONS! So much exciting news where to begin? 1)First off love the color options! I love bright, fun, and non-traditional colors too! I was most drawn to the rasberry and aqua pic... but maybe that's just because I love cake I actually love all the options! Our main colors are going to be a leaf green and fuschia but with touches of orange and aqua... so pretty much that exploding crayon box you mentioned 2)I love the pic of DF's nephew... he is SOOOOO cute- will he be your ring bearer? 3)Congrats on the dance school! That is so cool! What an AMAZING opportunity! Hope it works out... keep us updated 4)Who is your wedding planner? That is an awesome idea about having a rehearsal tailgate! YAY I'll keep my fingers crossed that you get your date! Can't wait to hear more!

Thanks! I have been following along with your PJ too! Loving all the options is my problem too, I found a Bridesmaid dress today online in aqua and it is making me like aqua even more now.
DF's nephew is a ham in pictures, I think we'll ask him as it gets closer so he doesnt have to wait to go to WDW for a whole year!
The dance school is a huge work in progress but I am so excited, I will def keep you posted!
I havent got my planner yet, hopefully my date will be booked with DFTW in early Feb, so I think I should get one after that, and I hope they are as awesome as everyone else's on here have been!

So I have spent a good portion of the weekend online shopping for the wedding... Here are my latest buys (an a splurge too:goodvibes )

I know it's early but I bought some BM gifts, let me know what you think!
Vera Bradley Photo Books ($10.50 each on sale from $15) and matching Vera Bradley PJ pants ($15 each -marked down from $45!)
PBVB-1585.png
10148003.png

I also bought them tank tops to match the PJ pants from www.weddingish.com for $12 each but I got 20% off by using the code "shopwedd". I liked the little crown, I thought it was a little disney princess-ish ($9.50 each!) They are hot pink which isnt what's shown but oh well.
yhst-67168322111134_2033_37956397.jpg

Then I treated myself to my wedding earrings, I bought them from weddingish.com too, they are the snow white earrings from Kristie Kelly, ($60 marked down to $42 then 20% off, so $33 for the pair!) I have to make sure they match the dress but I think I'll keep them no matter what!
yhst-67168322111134_2033_15755463.gif

I also got some disney bride tees made, so I'll post some pics once they come in.
Next up: The newsletters:cool1:

It is so good to know I am not the only one on here for 2010. We have a lot in common, I also met my DF in middle school and then got together as adults, and he proposed at Disney Hollywood Studios in Sept. We are planning on 1-11-10 but a much smaller crowd 30-40. Can't wait to see how your planning goes, I am right there with you. BTW the dress is gorgeous!! We are big foodies too and have about 15 meals to plan for the planning trip and the wedding/disneymoon. I highly suggest Ohana and Chef's De France, we loved them on our engagement trip.:wave:

Carye- It is so good to know I am not the only one on here for 2010. We have a lot in common, I also met my DF in middle school and then got together as adults, and he proposed at Disney Hollywood Studios in Sept. We are planning on 1-11-10 but a much smaller crowd 30-40. Can't wait to see how your planning goes, I am right there with you. BTW the dress is gorgeous!! We are big foodies too and have about 15 meals to plan for the planning trip and the wedding/disneymoon. I highly suggest Ohana and Chef's De France, we loved them on our engagement trip.

Thank you so much! There are a few brides on here for 2010 already, it's fun to track because you get to see what you need to be doing :)
I totally agree food is my main concern, I want to try it all thats the problem :rotfl: ! But I think Chefs and Ohana are 2 we are def going to try when we go in August! Have you started a PJ yet? I would love to follow along with your plans too!

Thank you so much! There are a few brides on here for 2010 already, it's fun to track because you get to see what you need to be doing :)
I totally agree food is my main concern, I want to try it all thats the problem :rotfl: ! But I think Chefs and Ohana are 2 we are def going to try when we go in August! Have you started a PJ yet? I would love to follow along with your plans too!

If you go to OHana in August you definately have to let me know the full review. We ate there last in 2006 and since then I've seen some mixed reviews and they've made some menu changes... as you probably know that's where we're planning for our reception so I really hope it's still as great. We went for a last minute 4 day trip to Disney in Dec but by the time we decided we were going it was all booked up and no ADR's left. We decided to try anyways when we got there... we showed up at the restaurant 30 min before they opened and it was a ZOO... and after waiting in line for 40 min we got to talk to the host who said their next opening was the following Wed night at 9:40...too bad our plane left before that:rotfl: So I'm guessing it's still good since it's wildly popular but a good review from a trusted DISbride would set me at ease:cool1:

You have some lucky bridesmaids for sure! YAY for sales! The earrings are great and I think they will be perfect with your dress! Are you going to have a necklace? Tiara? Cant' wait to see more!

Hey Sam! :wave2: I'm a Vera Bradley junkie, so I love the PJ pants and photo albums. I saw them on sale on the website - I was thinking about getting them in Daisy Daisy. Which pattern did you get?

And you also have excellent taste in earrings! I was so going to do the Snow White earrings - they're gorgeous! :thumbsup2

We posted at the exact same time - we rock! :)

polynesianbride- If you go to OHana in August you definately have to let me know the full review. We ate there last in 2006 and since then I've seen some mixed reviews and they've made some menu changes... as you probably know that's where we're planning for our reception so I really hope it's still as great. We went for a last minute 4 day trip to Disney in Dec but by the time we decided we were going it was all booked up and no ADR's left. We decided to try anyways when we got there... we showed up at the restaurant 30 min before they opened and it was a ZOO... and after waiting in line for 40 min we got to talk to the host who said their next opening was the following Wed night at 9:40...too bad our plane left before that So I'm guessing it's still good since it's wildly popular but a good review from a trusted DISbride would set me at ease

You have some lucky bridesmaids for sure! YAY for sales! The earrings are great and I think they will be perfect with your dress! Are you going to have a necklace? Tiara? Cant' wait to see more!

Adelia- I will def give you the full report in August, I think there was a lot of confusion with Ohana/Kona Cafe and the quality of the food. I last went ot Ohana is 04 for breakfast and it was great, but I have been dying to try thr dinner there!
Thanks, I also got one more fun thing today, I order Lands End tote bags in 5 different colors and had there names monogramed on them. I did light pink, hot pink, coral, red and yellow all with a natural color bag. I figured that would be easy to bring to FL and it could come in handy if the girls go crazy shopping (which knowing my BM's I'm sure will happen :lmao: )
I'm thinking about adding the necklace, but I want to see the earrings 1st.
DF doesnt like veils for some reason (not sure why) so I think I may just do a nice up-do with an orchid in my hair. But who knows, I change my mind about my hair all the time!

Ok so I also (much like Stacy) just realized I havent posted any pics of my ring! So here it is, its a round pink sapphire center stone with diamonds around the bezel and band. It is perfect for me I'm a total pink lady!
P1000391.jpg
P1000395.jpg

I am a total foodie myself...we have a list of over 30 places we want to try and still would love to go back to the ones we have already hit up...too few days, we will just have to spend more time at WDW :rotfl: I just started my PJ but here is the link for it: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2063918
I am so glad to have a place to find out what other Disney brides are thinking, the bride mags are not near as much help as these girls experiences are.

Hey Sam! I'm a Vera Bradley junkie, so I love the PJ pants and photo albums. I saw them on sale on the website - I was thinking about getting them in Daisy Daisy. Which pattern did you get?

And you also have excellent taste in earrings! I was so going to do the Snow White earrings - they're gorgeous!

We posted at the exact same time - we rock!
Hi there Meg! (I was actually thinking about you the other night, I have a new student in one of my hip hop classes named Meg and she has an AWESOME nickname! I guess she was a dinosaur for halloween when she was a kid and that earned her the nickname Megasourus! I thought it totally rocked and had to tell you!)
I didnt even see your post till today since as you said "we rock" and posted at the same time.
I'm a Vera Junkie too, I got Pinwheel Pink and Rapberry Fizz in both the PJ's and photo books. BUT I was at Marshall's last night and found 4 sets of Daisy Daisy Vera Invitations for $4.99 each! So if I can find another at the marshalls I will go to tonight I am thinking of adding those (if not I'm just using them as shower invites hee hee).
I have been finding so much Vera stuff at marshalls lately (the stationary and non-bag stuff anyways)
I can't wait to see the earrings, I will def post pics when I get them. How was you PS by the way?? Did you try all the yummy disney food?

ooooh i love the ring!!!! Its sooo pretty!

I feel so bummed that we cant go out for a planning session before the wedding! (living in UK and not being able to afford another trip to FL) I really want to go and try the foods that they could have on offer! We are going out there in March and we will not be allowed to have tasting sessions because its too early and we havent signed the contract. =(

You'll have to try all the foods out for me! And you'll have to do the cake tasting too!

I wish we had the kind of stores you have in America, where you seem to find amazing bits and bobs for your weddings. In the UK, all we have is old fashioned craft shops - well so far i havent found anything i want to buy to help out with the wedding or create something for the wedding!!

When we go there in March this year, I will take a look around a few shops, maybe you could reccomed a few if you know any in Orlando area to try and find all the stuff that everyone seems to be buying on here! hehe!!

I really like your dress by the way!!!!- it looks really elegant! Its a lovely shape.

You will feel like a princess in it!! (i cannot wait til sat-im trying my dress choices on for the first time!)

I have recently decovered Davids Bridal - and if i can find a dress here that they sell, i will get it made and shipped to me because their prices are cheaper! - even with the exchange rate!

ooh p.s - i think you both look like a really cute couple!! Love your photos!!

Thank you so much, it was the one I kept coming back to so I knew it was the dress! Sooo exciteing about your dress shopping! Make sure you take lots of pics for us! David's Bridal does have some great stuff!
I dont have my PS until August but Meg just went so make sure to check her PJ once she posts :) But I sure cant wait for mine!
When you visit you need to check out the Prime outlets in Orlando, they have awesome outlet stores, there is even a WDW outlet that sells stuff from the parks for very discounted prices! They have great designer stores and some fun stores that have cute gifts. Also my favorite store in WDW is called Basin in Downtown Disney (they also have Basin White in the GF which is awesome too), they have awesome soaps and lotions -its a very addicting store!
Love following each others PJ's!:cool1:

Just a quick update, we are booked with our Rev! Yippee! We got Rev Jack Day, he seems really sweet, and nice! Does anyone know -because I couldnt really tell- does he have a very think southern accent? I had a little bit of a tough time understanding him on the phone and I didnt know if it was my northern ears have trouble with southern accents, or a bad cell connection. Anyone?
He is sending us a "Jack Pack" with all our wedding ceremony info. I loved when he said to call him with any questions though, very sweet!

Thank you so much, it was the one I kept coming back to so I knew it was the dress! Sooo exciteing about your dress shopping! Make sure you take lots of pics for us! David's Bridal does have some great stuff!
I dont have my PS until August but Meg just went so make sure to check her PJ once she posts :) But I sure cant wait for mine!
When you visit you need to check out the Prime outlets in Orlando, they have awesome outlet stores, there is even a WDW outlet that sells stuff from the parks for very discounted prices! They have great designer stores and some fun stores that have cute gifts. Also my favorite store in WDW is called Basin in Downtown Disney (they also have Basin White in the GF which is awesome too), they have awesome soaps and lotions -its a very addicting store!
Love following each others PJ's!:cool1:

Ohhh yes, i know Prime, we are very good friends!! We spent a lot of time together last feb.. heh!! I like Premium outlets too...!! I love shopping at Disney too.. i love getting presents for people, i got loads of presents for people out there last Feb! I like the glass ornimant shop in MK!! Its sooo pretty in there! hehe! I like the shops in DHS too!

By the way, i think you are a good looking couple and your wedding will be soo amazing... i still cant get over how many people will be going to your wedding! Sam- i think your nuts! 180 people! hehe!!

I like the aqua / raspberry colours and i also like the turquoise blue and pink too- i thought about that.. but im not sure.. it think it could look okay because DF wants to wear a white suit so im sure we could get the blue or pink cravats to go with it and get matching buttonaires and bouquets that are pink and blue.

again - i lurrrve your dress, i just had a look at it again!!

I think its good we are following each others PJ's too!! It makes me all excited to hear about other peoples plans!!

Just a quick update, we are booked with our Rev! Yippee! We got Rev Jack Day, he seems really sweet, and nice! Does anyone know -because I couldnt really tell- does he have a very think southern accent? I had a little bit of a tough time understanding him on the phone and I didnt know if it was my northern ears have trouble with southern accents, or a bad cell connection. Anyone?
He is sending us a "Jack Pack" with all our wedding ceremony info. I loved when he said to call him with any questions though, very sweet!

Wow...Josh and I just looked at the officiants list the other night. Pretty sure we are going to go with Rev. Tim Herring, I come from a catholic background and we just got a good feeling from his website, some of the others just gave us really weird vibes. If you don't mind me asking, how much is Jack Day charging?

Wow...Josh and I just looked at the officiants list the other night. Pretty sure we are going to go with Rev. Tim Herring, I come from a catholic background and we just got a good feeling from his website, some of the others just gave us really weird vibes. If you don't mind me asking, how much is Jack Day charging?

Hope you don't mind if I jump in here Sam, but I'm deciding on my officiant right now also. I have spoke with Rev. Tim Herring and Rev. Jack Day, they are both the same price. I'm torn as to who to chose. I had it down to the two of them, and then another DIS bride gave me the name of someone else, and now I'm even more confused!

Enough about me, I LOVE YOUR RING! It's gorgeous! Congrats on getting Rev. Jack Day. He is sending me a Jack Pack also!

malibustacey: Ohhh yes, i know Prime, we are very good friends!! We spent a lot of time together last feb.. heh!! I like Premium outlets too...!! I love shopping at Disney too.. i love getting presents for people, i got loads of presents for people out there last Feb! I like the glass ornimant shop in MK!! Its sooo pretty in there! hehe! I like the shops in DHS too!

By the way, i think you are a good looking couple and your wedding will be soo amazing... i still cant get over how many people will be going to your wedding! Sam- i think your nuts! 180 people! hehe!!

I like the aqua / raspberry colours and i also like the turquoise blue and pink too- i thought about that.. but im not sure.. it think it could look okay because DF wants to wear a white suit so im sure we could get the blue or pink cravats to go with it and get matching buttonaires and bouquets that are pink and blue.

again - i lurrrve your dress, i just had a look at it again!!

I think its good we are following each others PJ's too!! It makes me all excited to hear about other peoples plans!!

Thank you for your compliments, you and Wayne are going to have an amazing wedding as well, by the way where in the UK areyou from? I have 12 guests coming in from right outside Reading.
Haha, I love the primium outlets as well! Any outlet is cool in my book :thumbsup2 !
You are completely right, I am nuts! I don't who will actually show up though (I would love only 50 to show hehe, but accoding to WDW that is not going to happen.. oh well!) The good thing about white is that anything goes with it, so your DF will definetly match! I think the blue and pink will look nice together too!
I love following along with each other too, it's kind of funny when you think about the fact that we live in 2 totally different parts of the world and DFTW connects us on here, I think thats really cool!

Carye: Wow...Josh and I just looked at the officiants list the other night. Pretty sure we are going to go with Rev. Tim Herring, I come from a catholic background and we just got a good feeling from his website, some of the others just gave us really weird vibes. If you don't mind me asking, how much is Jack Day charging?

Not at all, Jack and Tim both charge $300 if you want a rehersal and $200 if you don't. I liked Tim alot too, I was debating between them, but the pic on Jack's webiste of him and his wife in Cinderellas carriage where he wrote "Still my Cinderella, since 1951, you can do the same" made me start to cry! Thats when I knew I had to go with Rev Jack:flower3: ! I know Tim does do a Catholic ceremony outside of the church so that is a very nice option too, if your from a Catholic background.
And, yes, some of the other websites did seem a little "off"... I'm sure you'll love Rev Tim, other brides on here rave about him!

princess22: Hope you don't mind if I jump in here Sam, but I'm deciding on my officiant right now also. I have spoke with Rev. Tim Herring and Rev. Jack Day, they are both the same price. I'm torn as to who to chose. I had it down to the two of them, and then another DIS bride gave me the name of someone else, and now I'm even more confused!

Enough about me, I LOVE YOUR RING! It's gorgeous! Congrats on getting Rev. Jack Day. He is sending me a Jack Pack also!

hahaha, I love the Jack Pack! So cute! I was torn between the 2 of them too, an dit finally came down to the picture of Jack and his wife that I mentioned above. (DF and I liked them both, so we finally just made a choice based on that which is a little impulsive but otherwise we would have been debating it for months!)
If you had to pick right now, who would you rather have marry you?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter