Same exact room...was it done on purpose?

bangzoom6877

DIS Veteran
We've done 2 DVC trips at our home resort, BWV. Both times we had a 1BR standard view, and both times I requested to be on the top floor across from the bus stop. And on both trips we got the same exact room. Is there any way disney did this on purpose, or is it just coincidence? We're going back in July and I made the same request again and wondering if we'll maybe end up in the same room again. Also, all 3 of these trips were for 10 nights in July.

I once got the same room at Pop twice and I figured it was entirely a coincidence. I don't think there are that many standard view 1 BR's on the same floor to pick from, so I say coincidence. Sounds like a perfect room!

Room was vacant during the dates of your reservation and it matched your request so you got it.

:earsboy: Bill

Probably coincidence. Although the fact that you had the same requests may have made it a little less of a total coincidence. For some reason, at HHI, we usually get the same villa-so much so that we call it "The Timm family villa" now. But at BCV, for example, although I've stayed there about 13 times, I've only gotten the same room once. At AKV-Jambo, I got the same room that I'd gotten as a hotel room, later as a DVC studio. Now that was a coincidence!

We've had this happen in the past too. We had the exact same 1 bedroom at OKW two trips in a row. I was thrilled, because it was our favorite location!

We have had the same standard studio at BWV 2 times out of 3 or 4 total stays there.
The funny thing is my DH thinks I am nuts that I remember we had been in that room before. I can't believe he doesn't notice things like that.

Having had over 100+ stays I do not believe I have ever been in the same room as a previous stay. Even doing 3 studio CLs at AKL (there are only 5 possible studios), I have been in a different room each time.

We have had the same standard studio at BWV 2 times out of 3 or 4 total stays there.
The funny thing is my DH thinks I am nuts that I remember we had been in that room before. I can't believe he doesn't notice things like that.

He's a man....They don't notice things like that!:lmao:

I think it's coincidence. I don't think I've ever had the same room twice. The one time I did request a specific room # at BWV, the corner standard 1 bedroom, we ended up down near Jellyrolls!

I think it's coincidence. I don't think I've ever had the same room twice. The one time I did request a specific room # at BWV, the corner standard 1 bedroom, we ended up down near Jellyrolls!

I thought it was just coincidence but I was curious. It's funny, because DH said that if we get that same room number again, I should just request that room from now on, but I told him I'm afraid that if I do that we will have less of a chance of getting that location. I've heard about the corner standard 1BR and it's tempting to request it, but again, somehow I feel like it's more likely to get a room request when it's less specific and just a location request. I feel like it's next to impossible to get an exact room number when requesting one.

once we started booking studios (for 2ppl), rather than 1 bdrms (3-4 ppl), around 10 years ago, a pattern began.
our BWV BW view studios would be either x029 or x031, twice a year, every time over those 10 years. it became a little guessing game of "which room" at check-in (only one front desk CM go upset - wanting to know how i found out :rolleyes1).

we finally received a different studio this past may: 2037 (over thimbles & threads) :cloud9:
just WOW!!! while many don't like this room because of the partial wall on balcony, single balcony door, possibility of more noise & a less impressive view, we loved the positives of a huuuuuuuge, enclosed balcony, and a short walk up/down stairs.
now we hope they continue giving us the "new" villa :)

A BWV CM once asked if we liked our previos location, because there was a studio nearby that one. Whatever was on the screen seemed to indicate where our villas in the past had been located.

I don't know if it is a true coincidence. For years my only request at OKW was a 2bd in the Turtle Pond Area, #42 or 43 and I got it each time. The last two times I booked a bit later than usual, still a 2 bd but without requests. The villa we got was in Turtle Pond # 42 both times. So either the system learns from your history or if the room is assigned by a human, then that person sees your history and tries to give you what you most often request.

As large of a resort as is OKW, it is rather an unlikely coincidence that I would land in my favorite area two times in a row!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter