"Saving" an extra 10% on your vacation

bclydia

<font color=00b7c6>Prone to Random Strong Opinions
I recently read on the budget board that you can use Disney gift cards to pay for your Disney Vacation booked through the Walt Disney Travel Co. The poster pointed out that Quick Rewards is currently offering a 10% credit for purchases from Disneyshopping.com. This includes gift cards!
So, although I couldn't book with WDTCo. this trip, I just ordered $500 in gift cards for meals and souvenirs for our April trip (for our family of 6) and am getting an extra $50 free!!! Gotta love that.
I thought this was the best deal I've heard of in ages. There are all kinds of gift certificates to cash out with including Disney gift cards and Disney dollars. I'm going to get the disney dollars to give to the children for their shopping.
I wanted to pass this along for anyone who missed the short-lived thread on the budget board.
We are booked to go to WDW in Dec and I may just buy enough to cover that trip too. That would be hundreds in free money.

Thanks, I am looking that up right now! If I buy $200 for our June trip for food and stuff, Hey it's a free $20. I'll take it! This would be really great if you use it to buy tickets or AP's!

Andrea

Wait a minute, I just looked and they say the gift card is redeemable only at Disneyshopping, so how would that work since you wouldn't be able to use them at the parks then?

Andrea

Never mind, now I see it. They make it look like it's all one page and one product! Thanks

Andrea

I'm glad you got it sorted out Andrea! I really think that it's a great deal.
I'm not sure how long the 10% credit will last but while it's there, I'm taking it!
I joined Quick rewards for just this yesterday and I already have the credit there for my Disney gift cards. So far, I like the way they work!

Ok, what am I doing wrong? I followed the instructions from above. I am about to purchase a $200 gift card but I don't see anything about an extra $20. Can someone direct me please?

I love the fact that you get the 10% free and having things prepaid in the park, makes me think I'm not spending quite so much money.

Ok, what am I doing wrong? I followed the instructions from above. I am about to purchase a $200 gift card but I don't see anything about an extra $20. Can someone direct me please?

I love the fact that you get the 10% free and having things prepaid in the park, makes me think I'm not spending quite so much money.

No you don't get it through Disney! You have to sign up with quick rewards, then they put $20 in your account and you cash out with them on their site for gift card or Disney dollars!

Quick Rewards is a website that gives you rebates for shopping at online stores through its links. I just joined yesterday but I can't complain.
I think you'll find more information on the Rewards boards.
The owner checks in there too, I see.

I just did this and purchased $500 in gift cards to use while we are there...and I figure whatever we don't use for eating inthe park we can use at the disney store in DTD and shop!!! It will be nice to already have that money set aside and not have to worry about it!!! Thanks for the tip...I just hope that I get the points from Quick Rewards for the extra $50....gonna ge tmore disney dollars for the kids!!!:banana: :banana: :banana:

Can you use this to pay for your resort? I will have a $1200 bill for the Grand Californian in July!

Yes, Kelly, I've been told that you can use it to pay for your hotel. Now, I've never done it but I think that it would be worth the effort to phone the GC directly and ask if you can use a Disney gift card to pay for your room. That way you know for sure and won't have any trouble. It seems a great way to get a discount on your trip.

Ok, I'm new to this and don't want to mess it up...I can purchase Disney gift cards thru the quick rewards site and then use the cards to purchase my annual passes at the Disney Store or at DL? Do I have to wait for them to come in the mail and if so, how long would it take? We leave 3/11. Thanks!

Yes, Kelly, I've been told that you can use it to pay for your hotel. Now, I've never done it but I think that it would be worth the effort to phone the GC directly and ask if you can use a Disney gift card to pay for your room. That way you know for sure and won't have any trouble. It seems a great way to get a discount on your trip.

Thanks - that's great info!

Can anyone give the link? Also, what is the max amount for giftcards that you can get (total cards and total amount per card)? Can these be used to pay for food and such at the parks and resorts? What about the tours?? THANKS!

Can anyone give the link? Also, what is the max amount for giftcards that you can get (total cards and total amount per card)? Can these be used to pay for food and such at the parks and resorts? What about the tours?? THANKS!

You can pretty much use the gift card anywhere on property that accepts credit cards. So you wouldn't be able to use it for most snacks including any at the outdoor carts because they are strictly cash. Other than that, you can use it almost anywhere! Even the hotels.

I think the max amount I saw on there was like $1000. It was a pretty high amount. You can buy as many giftcards as you want though, so you should be able to end up with whatever amount you want!

Andrea

You'd have to call about tours, that I am not sure of.

Okay, I'm feeling a little less than intelligent. I signed up, got my email confirmation but for the life of me I can't figure out how to navigate the site.

Oh well, I hope the rest of you can take advantage of that offer :)

Jennifer

The are three tabs at the top, one says shopping I believe:

Here I will give you the direct link, then sign in and scroll down to disneyshopping!!

Andrea

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter