Saving Mr. Banks

old lady

DIS Veteran
Has anyone seen the new poster? How do you like it? I am not too fond of the title. It sounds too much like Saving Private Ryan.

Saw the trailer and looks interesting. I know it's about the making of Mary Poppins but I am more curious to see how Tom Hanks portrays Walt Disney.

Now I heard it there is a chance it should get ready for the Oscars. I haven't even seen the trailer yet. I bet the critics have already seen the movie.

Saw the trailer and looks interesting. I know it's about the making of Mary Poppins but I am more curious to see how Tom Hanks portrays Walt Disney.

I totally agree on the part about Tom Hanks! I feel like if he does a good job portraying Walt Disney this movie could be amazing! If not, I doubt it will do well at all. There's a lot of weight on Tom Hanks shoulders!

not gunna lie, i am PRETTY pumped about the movie, will be there opening night!

I agree this movie is going to live or die on Tom Hanks.

I'm very curious about the movie and how it is going to do. DisNerd that I am, I'm sure I'll see it eventually, but we'll see if I see it in theaters or wait for DVD.

Honestly - I have never ever been so excited for a movie. Mary is by far my absolute favorite movie - since im 3 years old - and the combination of the movies premise, the actors, the fact that its Disney, and that its out around Christmas time is super exciting to me.

Fyi - I love mary so much that when I met julie andrews at a book signing 3 years ago, I broke down in tears and could hardly breathe. I was in the presence of an icon!

I can't wait to see it. I'm hoping they are showing it at Downtown Disney while we are there in December. I heard P. L. Travers cried at the premiere. She didn't like the Mary Pippins movie.

I admit it, I let out a very loud "Squee" of delight when I saw the trailer.
I am looking forward to it.

Just ordered the poster for our home theatre. It's definitely one of the coolest movie posters I've ever seen. Love the shadows. I can't wait to see it!

I agree this movie is going to live or die on Tom Hanks.

I cannot STAND Tom Hanks. Plus, I never really cared much for Mary Poppins, so a 90 minute movie about how Walt Disney acquired the rights to the film is hardly something I'm willing to invest any time into. So no matter how big a Disney fan I am, I will be skipping this one entirely.

I'm very excited for this film! I'm more interested in seeing Emma Thompson as P.L. Travers (since I adore her acting). But true, Tom Hanks, I hope, will do Walter Elias Disney justice!

I'm very excited for this film! I'm more interested in seeing Emma Thompson as P.L. Travers (since I adore her acting). But true, Tom Hanks, I hope, will do Walter Elias Disney justice!

I'm also very excited. What really kills me is I had the chance to be in it but something else came up :( Wah!

I cannot STAND Tom Hanks. Plus, I never really cared much for Mary Poppins, so a 90 minute movie about how Walt Disney acquired the rights to the film is hardly something I'm willing to invest any time into. So no matter how big a Disney fan I am, I will be skipping this one entirely.

And along those lines, who exactly are they targeting with this movie? Besides Disney fans, I mean. Oh, and maybe Hanks fans. But at the end of the day, does the average movie goer REALLY care about the story of Walt Disney buying the rights to one of his movies? :confused3

Honestly - I have never ever been so excited for a movie. Mary is by far my absolute favorite movie - since im 3 years old - and the combination of the movies premise, the actors, the fact that its Disney, and that its out around Christmas time is super exciting to me.

Fyi - I love mary so much that when I met julie andrews at a book signing 3 years ago, I broke down in tears and could hardly breathe. I was in the presence of an icon!

Julie Andrews is my HERO! If I met her I'm sure I'd do the same. Lol. She was a huge inspiration for me growing up and still is!

And along those lines, who exactly are they targeting with this movie? Besides Disney fans, I mean. Oh, and maybe Hanks fans. But at the end of the day, does the average movie goer REALLY care about the story of Walt Disney buying the rights to one of his movies? :confused3

I have thought this as well. I like Tom Hanks and all, but it seems rather "genre specific." I just can't see this doing well unless I'm missing something major.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter