School now banning all "out of term" holiday leave

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think anyone is accusing you. Your tone, intended or not, is coming across as very hostile and naturally people are going to get a little upset about it. Going by your posts thus far, I would not say you have a problem with communcating a point. So you need to understand that it is quite difficult to put the perceived tone of your messages down to inability to convey your point accurately. Always remember what mums say to the kids: It's not what you say as much as how you say it.

Another thing is that this thread is generally considered a hot topic for obvious reasons and most, very quickly, end up closed. So far it has successfully carried a debate and interesting discussion over many pages and most of the posters on here are enjoying this. Sadly, over the last couple of days it has threatened to evolve from a discussion into an argument. I think I speak on behalf of the majority when I say we would like to avoid that at all costs. :goodvibes

I think we are having a nice debate here. Both sides of the coin are getting expressed and no one is accusing any particular person of being anything. It would be dissapointing if it were closed.

Regarding the hostility issue I agree but I do fully intend to express a dislike of those who fall into the catagory I talk about. I have no respect for those people however I have made an effort to those who are not like that not to feel hostility from me.

I'm with you Tracy. Let it be noted, my post no. 338 was my final response to such posts. Now, where were we before we were so rudely interrupted?! ;)

I remember one lad I taught several years ago. He was very disruptive and angry all the time - I just couldn't get through to him. One day he told me that he would be missing the first two weeks of Year 8 because he was going to WDW with his family. We had our first conversation where he wasn't defensive/argumentative. It was lovely to see his face light up when he told me all about the rides he was going to go on. :goodvibes

I'm with you Tracy. Let it be noted, my post no. 338 was my final response to such posts. Now, where were we before we were so rudely interrupted?! ;)

not sure Lee, but obviously you are nicer than luke and myself as you had a response:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:
anyway, im struggling with my 3 weeks planning, have you done all yours, as you seem like the only other obsessive planner on here!
i think all teachers have mild OCD.
now thats a contreversial comment:thumbsup2....
tracy

I remember one lad I taught several years ago. He was very disruptive and angry all the time - I just couldn't get through to him. One day he told me that he would be missing the first two weeks of Year 8 because he was going to WDW with his family. We had our first conversation where he wasn't defensive/argumentative. It was lovely to see his face light up when he told me all about the rides he was going to go on. :goodvibes

:cloud9: thats lovely...

i have to confess that last night in chat i was saying i felt like a stalker, everytime i seem to post at the moment its either behind you or 2tiggies;)

obviously as teachers we have too much time on our hands during the holidays:teacher:

:

i have to confess that last night in chat i was saying i felt like a stalker, everytime i seem to post at the moment its either behind you or 2tiggies;)

obviously as teachers we have too much time on our hands during the holidays:teacher:

:rotfl2:Yes, we'd better watch out, if we keep posting at this rate, we'll log on one day to find out we've been made mods.

BLEH I was back to work today. Not long til I get a free jolly to Spain tho. Just need to find a room to lock all the kids in and it'll be :thumbsup2

:goodvibes

I bet your face lit up too! It is always the "small things" that are the big deal! :)

not sure Lee, but obviously you are nicer than luke and myself as you had a response:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:
anyway, im struggling with my 3 weeks planning, have you done all yours, as you seem like the only other obsessive planner on here!
i think all teachers have mild OCD.
now thats a contreversial comment:thumbsup2....
tracy

Actually, I think most people who are on the boards daily have issues with planning a little too, er .... what is the word.....? Enthusiastically! :lmao:

I have my ADRs sorted so that is one thing under the belt. I must admit, I felt a bit lost for the first few days. Then I got stuck into putting together my "Break the News" pack for DD. I was trying to think of a way to tell her without actually saying the word so now that I know what I want to do I am trying to source all my info and resources. This is the fun part. :cloud9:

BLEH I was back to work today. Not long til I get a free jolly to Spain tho. Just need to find a room to lock all the kids in and it'll be :thumbsup2

Aren't you worried they might find a room to lock you in? Although if it has a telly and is well stocked ..... :lmao:

Why do you lock the kids in?:confused3 We just take them drinking with us - they hold the coats while we fight.

:rotfl2:Yes, we'd better watch out, if we keep posting at this rate, we'll log on one day to find out we've been made mods.

come on luke, dont forget to steal their money before you go to the bar!!

I bet your face lit up too! It is always the "small things" that are the big deal! :)

Actually, I think most people who are on the boards daily have issues with planning a little too, er .... what is the word.....? Enthusiastically! :lmao:

I have my ADRs sorted so that is one thing under the belt. I must admit, I felt a bit lost for the first few days. Then I got stuck into putting together my "Break the News" pack for DD. I was trying to think of a way to tell her without actually saying the word so now that I know what I want to do I am trying to source all my info and resources. This is the fun part. :cloud9:

finally my first multi quote:thumbsup2

come on then share, what are you going to do?

Actually I have noticed of late that the boards, especially this one, have been very quiet and there just seems to be a small core of posters at the moment. I don't know if that is because we are presently in one of the main breaks where many have taken their trip now, or that the major planning issues like ADRs for the summer holiday travellers are taken care of. Anyway, with fewer people at the moment, there is a higher chance of posting alonside the same person fairly regularly. Anyhow, who cares? I quite like it when you turn up next to me! :goodvibes

I quite like it when you turn up next to me! :goodvibes

im glad, it would be very awkward if you didnt:lmao::surfweb::lmao:

i agree, that it is quite on both this board and the comm board, i do think that alot of people are away, but we have more time on our hands, i certainly am checking a few times through the day to see whats new, which i wouldnt normally do on a workday.
on monday ill go back to "manic" for 6 weeks, so have to dis when i can.
i dis...do you?:cool1:
tx

come on then share, what are you going to do?

A few years ago, to encourage relatively healthy eating at mealtimes I started a Menu Night at home, which falls on a Friday or Saturday. Basically DD earns credits for making healthy choices. There are bonus points for those she makes of her own accord. No penalty for taking crisps over an apple, but apple scores points. It has been such a success I still do it. Every Thursday evening she is presented with a menu which I put together with a list of fun entrees, beverages and desserts. She gets to tick the boxes and gives it to me the next day.

I thought I would put together a Downtown Disney menu listing her favourite places, Goofys, Candy Cauldron and Ghiradellis. When she gets the menu the night before we fly she will finally put two and two together. In case she thinks I am just doing another "theme evening" I am doing a fun travel pack for her with itinerary, stationery, puzzles, etc which is for the flight. It should keep her occupied for a few hours on the plane! Still early stages. Oh, and really off topic too. Sorry folks. :flower3:

A few years ago, to encourage relatively healthy eating at mealtimes I started a Menu Night at home, which falls on a Friday or Saturday. Basically DD earns credits for making healthy choices. There are bonus points for those she makes of her own accord. No penalty for taking crisps over an apple, but apple scores points. It has been such a success I still do it. Every Thursday evening she is presented with a menu which I put together with a list of fun entrees, beverages and desserts. She gets to tick the boxes and gives it to me the next day.

I thought I would put together a Downtown Disney menu listing her favourite places, Goofys, Candy Cauldron and Ghiradellis. When she gets the menu the night before we fly she will finally put two and two together. In case she thinks I am just doing another "theme evening" I am doing a fun travel pack for her with itinerary, stationery, puzzles, etc which is for the flight. It should keep her occupied for a few hours on the plane! Still early stages. Oh, and really off topic too. Sorry folks. :flower3:

omg thats amazing, if you go on allears.net you can get the ingredients to actally make some o fthe dishes....
let us know how your planning goes:wizard:

At least your 'free jolly' is to Spain, teaching primary school my 'jolly' this year is 3 days at an activity centre near Birmingham with year 4 - 6! Oh and next years trip is over my birthday!!

omg thats amazing, if you go on allears.net you can get the ingredients to actally make some o fthe dishes....
let us know how your planning goes:wizard:

I have seen the menus, thanks. However I am not making any of the dishes. Her menu is, instead of picking an item, to pick the CS where we will eat that night. I don't know if she will click that she is actually picking the place in DTD for real. That is where the pack an itinerary come in. At the bottom of the pack will be a card saying "Yes, we are going to Disney tomorrow!" I have been downloading clip art to make "paper sleeves" for a set of twistable colour pencils with the Disney characters on (like you get crayola papers on the crayons) so each will have a Disney character with the colour, e.g. Winnie the Blue and a pic of Pooh on the blue one, etc. Hope I manage to pull it off okay.

At least your 'free jolly' is to Spain, teaching primary school my 'jolly' this year is 3 days at an activity centre near Birmingham with year 4 - 6! Oh and next years trip is over my birthday!!

But seriously guys, do you not all absolutely hate residentials??

I worry myself sick from the moment we get on the coach til I hand them back to their parents! And I count them constantly!!

I loved going back today knowing that my residential was over and that I could just enjoy my teaching! :)

I think next year I will strike that week ;)

I have seen the menus, thanks. However I am not making any of the dishes. Her menu is, instead of picking an item, to pick the CS where we will eat that night. I don't know if she will click that she is actually picking the place in DTD for real. That is where the pack an itinerary come in. At the bottom of the pack will be a card saying "Yes, we are going to Disney tomorrow!" I have been downloading clip art to make "paper sleeves" for a set of twistable colour pencils with the Disney characters on (like you get crayola papers on the crayons) so each will have a Disney character with the colour, e.g. Winnie the Blue and a pic of Pooh on the blue one, etc. Hope I manage to pull it off okay.

What a magical experience!! :)

But seriously guys, do you not all absolutely hate residentials??

I worry myself sick from the moment we get on the coach til I hand them back to their parents! And I count them constantly!!

I loved going back today knowing that my residential was over and that I could just enjoy my teaching! :)

I think next year I will strike that week ;)

I like residentials, I just don't like organising/being in charge of them.;) The last trip we did, we had to do a risk assessment that predicted the 'risk' involved of stepping off the bus on to the pavement.:confused3

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter