Selfie sticks no longer allowed at Walt Disney World

Has Disney made a statement on why they are banning the selfie sticks in the parks? Could it be that they can be used as a weapon when fully extended or is it because they are afraid people are going to use them and stop using the photo cast members?

Board members can we move on I don't think all posting have read 10 pages plus of this thread.I have seen same information,complaints,comments etc.Each complete page as 20 posts and I have read everyone, more than once, I have considered moving to Photography Board.It has fell off page 1 more than once.If you don't have verifiable official Disney information or something new to add.Please consider before posting.I would appreciate it.Thanks Danny PS As i have said before Moderators are not here to praise,defend or define Disney policy

Last edited:
Has Disney made a statement on why they are banning the selfie sticks in the parks? Could it be that they can be used as a weapon when fully extended or is it because they are afraid people are going to use them and stop using the photo cast members?

They did try to ban them only on rides but people were sneaking them on and opening them once the ride started. Then they have to stop the ride which inconveniences everyone.

They did try to ban them only on rides but people were sneaking them on and opening them once the ride started. Then they have to stop the ride which inconveniences everyone.
I can certainly see how this could be a major problem especially if you have the selfie stick out on a high speed roller coaster like the Rock N Roller Coaster, Expedition Everest, or Space Mountain. It would be dangerous if the thing would fly out of the persons hand.

Please read Dan Murphy post on page 2 go to bottom of page then go 5 posts up.Read the links posted.After you read them.If you can add something new please post if not don't post.I am going to start deleting posts that have been fully discussed and answered in the previous 200 + posts. Danny PS When i delete I will say previously asked and answered.I've read every post in this thread at least 5 times.I would love to help other folks on board.My ability to do this is limited by moderating this thread.If I can read entire thread so can you.Thanks In Advance For Your Cooperation Moderator Danny

Last edited:
I have seen people use the Selfie Sticks while hiking on trails with few people where it is not a problem. But to bring them into a crowded park is a hazard and they certainly have no place on a ride. Banning the devices in the Disney parks is a great idea.

Next - Ban the wall of iPads held up blocking everyone's views and prohibit the sitting on shoulders. A shame that people that do this have given no consideration to the people behind them. How can they be so thoughtless?

Next - Ban the wall of iPads held up blocking everyone's views and prohibit the sitting on shoulders. A shame that people that do this have given no consideration to the people behind them. How can they be so thoughtless?

Next - Ban everyone over 5'8''. They're just too darn tall, and keep blocking everyone else's view with their giant inconsiderate heads. ;)

This is the best thing I ever bought for my cell phone! It is by Shoulderpod and is the S1 Smartphone rig. It fit even on my iPhone 6+. It has a very short handle but gave me stability when taking pictures or videos as I am getting a bit shaky. It comes in a nice small box which is nice for packing. the small handle unscrews from the unit and it can even be put on a tripod. LOVE mine.

shoulderpod%20copy_zpsukcsv5ww.jpg

shoulderpod%202%20copy_zpsznw477kl.jpg
This is just what I have been looking for.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter