Sending postcards ?

avdeane

<font color=purple>Just popping in to wish you a V
This will be our first trip to WDW. My kids asked about sending postcards to their friends and to family members back home. Is there somewhere in WDW that we can send postcards from or will we have to find somewhere offsite for that? On the same note, will they have correct postage to send to Canada? TIA!!:jumping1:

Vicky

Hi Vicky, you can send post cards from any of the resorts. There are mail boxes located in the lobby area. Just ask a CM to direct you. I also mailed some from AKL and a CM at the front desk said she would look after it for me. You can buy stamps from the gift/convenience shops in the resorts. I believe my post cards to Canada in October, took a 60 cent stamp.

You can also mail postcards from Disney's Wonderful World of Memories, that's where they sell all the scrapbooking supplies in Downtown Disney. I also saw a little sign that said if you mail letters, postcards etc. there, they have a special postmark that says Capture the Magic.

I think you can mail things from any of the Disney Parks, just stop at the gift shops that are right inside the gates and ask, they also sell stamps there.

Thanks so much for all of the replies!! The kids are getting very excited....well me too of course!! I've been trying to think of everything beforehand and bringing addresses for postcards was something that came to mind last night!!

Again thanks for your answers!! It's very much appreciated!!

Vicky

There are also vending machines at Guest Relations that sell stamps.

At innoventions in Epcot , you can send virtual cards to friends with email. So dont forget to take email addresses.

I didn't know this at first, but it's actually only 50 cents to send a postcard from US to Canada. A letter is 60 cents.
Another tip - pre-print the labels with addresses before you go, to save time when writing cards.
Have fun!

Hi

Just wanted to let you know that we are going on the Disney Cruise Line in February, and on one of the other posts on the Boards had a lineup of previous travellers who were willing to send a postcard from Mickey and Minnie welcoming the kids to the cruise. I received one of those cards from a wonderful lady in Nevada - My kids loved it and they felt so special. Wouldn't it be nice if we could do this with the resorts as well. Is anyone interested??? I am going at the end of January to WDW and then on the cruise - I am planning to bring back several postcards so if anyone is interested, I'll gladly send a card - better yet I could send one from Florida while I am there.

Tink&cinderellaprincess: princess: :earsgirl: :earsboy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter