*Sept 10th 2011 WB Transatlantic* From Spain to Space Mountain - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally - She's at 10! Now, it'll probably be a month before she posts, and pm-ing will likely never happen, lol.

-- Linda

Sorry for the tardy post. Apparently someone jumped on here to get up to 10 posts. I am committed to working on t-shirts and will post more details as I know them. I am working on getting pricing on the "complicated" designs we have (i.e., more than 2 to 4 colors).

Previously I posted that I anticipated t-shirts to run about $7, but I think that number will go up based on both the "postage stamp" design and the "Spain to Space Mountain" design.

Karen

I thought it maybe worth mentioning on here for any of the newcomers about the ESTA's that are required for those of us that are not American Residents.

Here is the official website you need to complete an ESTA for each member of your family travelling to the USA. https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/esta/ I believe the cost is $14 per person and they are valid for two years. (I did mine about a year ago so those figures are from memory and maybe be incorrect.)

I am lead to believe that we need to take an actual print out of the ESTA to give to DCL when checking in for this cruise. (Whereas when you fly direct to the US you don't need a hard copy of it).

I hope this helps or reminds anyone that may have not known about it or forgotten. :goodvibes

thanks claire, that info is on the front page too, but its always worth repeating as there will always be someone who falls foul of this :(

I thought it maybe worth mentioning on here for any of the newcomers about the ESTA's that are required for those of us that are not American Residents.

Thanks Claire. Do you know if this applies to Canadians? I don't think so, because I've never had to fill out anything to travel to the U.S...but anyone feel free to correct me if I am wrong :)

did you guys in canada have to fill in the little green visa waiver forms before the ESTA came in? if so i'd assume that you would need to do the ESTA.
then again, i've just checked the countries that participate in the visa waiver programme, and canada isnt on it. so i'm guessing you guys have another way of doing it?.....

I don't remember what I've had to fill out, but at the airport or crossing the border on a bus, I just went through customs - maybe filled out a form, but that's it.

When we drive across the border, we just show our passports.

you probably wont need to do anything then, but it'd be worth a quick google check, or a post on the main cruise section on the dis just to ask :)

Our Canadian friend on the last WBTA said they didn't have to fill out an ESTA. Lucky them!;)

Thanks Claire. Do you know if this applies to Canadians? I don't think so, because I've never had to fill out anything to travel to the U.S...but anyone feel free to correct me if I am wrong :)

I checked after reading about ESTAs and it's not applicable to Canadians.:thumbsup2. Here's a link to GC's web site on current situation for documentation required for Canadians entering US from a cruise:
http://www.voyage.gc.ca/countries_pays/report_rapport-eng.asp?id=308000

P Flamingo and Pinky 166, Eilean doesn't have suffiecient posts to pm - but our room number is 5020 not 5010.

Thanks
Linda

I've fixed that on my list and I'll do the same on pg 1. Sorry about that - thanks for catching it!

Attention FE participants! Please check your cabin number on Page 1 to make sure it's correct! I try to watch this, but sometimes my fingers get stuck between the keys and I make typos. ;)

Karentan can you update my cabin number on the Secret Mickey to #5001

Thanks. :thumbsup2

I'm booked in a 11C GTY - when does DCL usually assign cabin #'s for people booked in a GTY? Hopefully I'll get something better than an 11C :)

I'm booked in a 11C GTY - when does DCL usually assign cabin #'s for people booked in a GTY? Hopefully I'll get something better than an 11C :)

cabin assignments are normally made about 30-45 days out, normally closer to 30 though. although they technically are well within their rights to not assign you anything til you get to the terminal.....
how many people are in your room? cat 11c's hold a maximum of 3 people, so if you book 4 people in a cat 11c, you're guaranteed an upgrade

Karentan can you update my cabin number on the Secret Mickey to #5001

done :)

Here's a list of the hotels people are using and also a list of when everyone arrives.

AC Diplomatic:
Chris&Jeremy
DisneyFanSD

Hesperia Ramblas:
Dgentrysim- Deb 9/9

Hilton Diagonal Mar:
GA-yaya- 9/7

Hotel Barcelona Universal:
MandyGirl

Hotel Denit:
Pinky166- Claire
TotallyAngelic- Sarah

Hotel Pratik Rambla:
Chirpee- Lorraine and Paul 9/8
caroleRWO- Carole, Mike, Jenny 9/9

Novotel Barcelona:
Melonz- Mel
3canadianslovedisney- Leanne 9/9

Renaissance Barcelona Airport Hotel:
Squitty- Michelle 9/9
Susie2- Susie

Arriving 9/10 (Day we board the ship!:woohoo:):
Cliffy 97- Dan and Bruce, arrive 9:30 and willing to share cab
Tod&Copper- Stevie and Mary, arrive 10:10 and willing to share taxi

Thanks Lauren for putting together the hotel list! Appreciate it! :thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter