*Sept 10th 2011 WB Transatlantic* From Spain to Space Mountain - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think everyone on the front page that has volunteered to head up an event, keeping track of hotels/room assignments, weekly updates, organizing excursions, etc needs to be commended on an excellent job!:worship: I know I appreciate all the important information being put on the front page so I don't have to go searching all over creation for the it!!! :thumbsup2 Thanks again for your hard work! :banana:

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:JOB WELL DONE!:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

I think everyone on the front page that has volunteered to head up an event, keeping track of hotels/room assignments, weekly updates, organizing excursions, etc needs to be commended on an excellent job!:worship: I know I appreciate all the important information being put on the front page so I don't have to go searching all over creation for the it!!! :thumbsup2 Thanks again for your hard work! :banana:

What she said!!:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 Thank you all.

Place Saver for Dolphin excursion list Gibraltar
and Hard Roack Cafe meet up in Barcelona.

Gibraltar Dolphin Excursion

Names so far:

Sarah ( totallyangelic)
Tony (totallyangelic)
Claire ( Pinky166 )
Lee ( Pinky166 )
Mary (copper&tod)
Stevie (stephenkay)
Sue
John
Carole ( CaroleRWO)
Mike (CaroleRWO )
Jenny (CaroleRWO )
Trent (disneyfan SD)
Crystal (disneyfan SD)
Curt (mandygirl)
Mandy (mandygirl)
Sarah – child (mandygirl)
infant (mandygirl)
Pat (pflamingo)
Dennis (pflamingo)
Margaret (grumpy1234)
Norman (grumpy1234)
Warren (steamboatwill)
Abby (steamboatwill)
Julie (julie2009)
Michelle (squitty)
Neil (squitty)
Dan ( cliffy97)
Bruce (cliffy97)
Sarah (binkytell)
Sarah's daughter (binkytell)

didnt think i was on the list then and then realised sue and john is me and dh lol, susie

I would like to thank everyone for their warm welcoming wishes:) I now feel part of something special, but I feel a little overwhelmed by the amount of information in these pages. I'm going to have a busy five months planning, and I feel confident that all the answers will be found here along with new friends. Many thanks again :):)

Hi There

Hey there PIXIE_DUST_FOR_ME Sorry i don't think I can quote your question regarding Disneyland Paris as it was on the last board :confused3

However please please please feel free to ask me any questions you may have regarding Disneyland Paris via PM, if you like. As you can see from my signature strip i'm a somewhat frequent visitor to Disneyland Paris, And i've been fortunate to visit the Resort 80 or so times, so I tend to know most things DLP related.

Are you planning to stop at the resort before the WBTA this year???

Anyway feel free to fire any questions my way.

SW

I would like to thank everyone for their warm welcoming wishes:) I now feel part of something special, but I feel a little overwhelmed by the amount of information in these pages. I'm going to have a busy five months planning, and I feel confident that all the answers will be found here along with new friends. Many thanks again :):)

Welcome to the boards, you've managed to join a pretty hardcore group of planners here :)

But really don't get overwhelmed, just feel free to dive in to anything that takes your fancy, believe me I certainly know how you must feel, this is only my 2nd Disney cruise and last year I felt just the same, but once I got aboard I realised how much my cruise experience was enhanced by all the DIS stuff I got involved in

So once again Welcome to the fun
:cheer2:

SW

Hi does anybody have an opinion on whether it’s worth purchasing a length of cruise spa pass, or just day spa passes. And does it get overcrowded in the spa, are sometimes of day better than others? And is it easy to shower at the spa after using the gym :thumbsup2

Hi There

Hey there PIXIE_DUST_FOR_ME Sorry i don't think I can quote your question regarding Disneyland Paris as it was on the last board :confused3

However please please please feel free to ask me any questions you may have regarding Disneyland Paris via PM, if you like. As you can see from my signature strip i'm a somewhat frequent visitor to Disneyland Paris, And i've been fortunate to visit the Resort 80 or so times, so I tend to know most things DLP related.

Are you planning to stop at the resort before the WBTA this year???

Anyway feel free to fire any questions my way.

SW

WOW .. didn't realise you had visited Disneyland Paris over 80 times Warren .... that is some impressive achievement !! Which is your favourite hotel to stay in ???

Grin, are we on a Disneyboard or on a Pinky&theBrain-board? Fun to see so many lovers on here. :thumbsup2 I've got the themesong on my laptop (have got the themes of many many tv-shows etc. of my childhood and... later childhood) and it always makes me laugh when I hear it.

Pinky; ah, that's a good tip about the ADR-making!!! I did see that box, but as the regular part of that site didn't recognize the DVC-ressie, I figured that box wouldn't either. And for making ressies through the DVC-site I'ld need to be prescribed on the membersite and obviously am no member. ;) Gonna give that a try!

If you ever find the train; don't let the doggies stop you. Depending on their size a small or larger kiddiescreen could keep your "kiddies" at a safe distance. It is difficult though, to find a good one, I agree. I've seen some lovely ones on Ebay, but somehow that doesn't feel right enough. I want myself a WDW or at least disneyshop original.

As far as excursions go; have you guys already noticed that dolphin excursions can be done at mutiple of our ports? On Tortola you can do a swim with them (actually had that planned for last cruise as it's accessible :thumbsup2 , but decided not to leave friend travelling along alone) and on Madeira there also are multiple types of dolphin and/or whale excursions. Perhaps something to keep in mind for those people that can't do it on Gibraltar for whatever reason. On the reg. Eastern this was back then also offered as a DCL-official excursion, but much more expensive and they kept telling me "no, not accessible". :rolleyes1

How far is everybody into looking into this anyway?

I'm trying to narrow down my own options for Madeira somewhat. It isn't the most accessible place in Europe, so to say, so I'm rather content with having found a company that not only offers an accessible tour, but can work with me on a nice assortment of land, boat and private tours. :dance3::cheer2: Now only to decide how to spend my time. :goodvibes

Tortola will probably end up with me giving a second shot for the dolphin swim. St. Maarten? If still enough energy by then, I'll probably end up using a taxi for a private tour around the island. Friend did this on our last cruise (opted out and enjoyed the ship mostly) and not only had a great time, tour and some amazing pics but found it very affordable. Which reminds me, should really ask her if she can remember what she paid. Either way, if others want to tag along and share costs; just let me know as there will be room enough with me solo.

What she said!!:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 Thank you all.

What Debra & Marilyn said! :worship::worship: Thank you! :worship::worship:

Pink; thanks for the help on the ADR's, hun! Turns out I needed to log out on the WDW-site, retrieve on the DVC-site, relog in on WDW and finally it recognized the ressie and let me make ADR's. :worship:

Just wanted to mention a website that I have found very helpful in storing all of my travel information - it is www.TripIt.com :surfweb: Once you have an account set up on their website, you can email in all of your confirmations to TripIt.com and it will immediately post it for you on your account, including Confirmation numbers, Flight times, etc. It will also provide maps and directions for you using the information you have given it. :thumbsup2

You can load the TripIt.com app on your smartphone and then you don't have to carry all of those paper Confirmations with you. AND, it's FREE! :cheer2:

I found this to be very helpful last summer for our Med Cruise (someone on that planning thread got us started using TripIt), and have continued to use it for all of our other travels. Some of you may find this to be a useful tool to have. :flower3:

Welcome to the boards, you've managed to join a pretty hardcore group of planners here :)

But really don't get overwhelmed, just feel free to dive in to anything that takes your fancy, believe me I certainly know how you must feel, this is only my 2nd Disney cruise and last year I felt just the same, but once I got aboard I realised how much my cruise experience was enhanced by all the DIS stuff I got involved in

So once again Welcome to the fun
:cheer2:

SW
Thanks, even though we have been DVC members since 2003 I am realising I know very little about DCL. We have cruised only once before with Cunard, and I am certainly hoping for a more laid back and friendly experience, and of course that little bit of Disney magic without the crowds. And you are right with the help of my new Dis family we will get so much more enjoyment from our cruise. We are hoping to join the FE and i would like to do a ladies event, but must post 10 messages before I can PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter