Sept 2009

Also don't forget that the Epcot Food & Wine festival will be going on while you are down there. You may be full from the goodies around the world showcase I know last year I had to cancel an ADR cause I was STUFFED! :thumbsup2

When does the Food & Wine Festival start?

Wow sounds like you have a your own Grand Gathering :lmao: :welcome:

:welcome:

:welcome:

No you are not crazy I do the SAME thing. Grant it we don't make them all (but I always call and cancel as soon as I know we aren't going to make it) but I must say I do go to and enjoy 98% of my ressies!

So what is your favorite of the 40? :rotfl:

Also I added you all to the list on the first page let me know if I made a mistake.

Hi,

Yep it all looks correct on the 1st page, thanks for adding me.

I think the one i'm most looking forward to is Le Cellier, as we desperately wanted to go there last time but couldn't get, hence the mass ADR's this time. lol :rotfl:

Thanks for all the warm wishes! Goodness knows I need some warmness..lol...I am so excited about our trip! And our 8 might turn into 10..lol..the more the better! I look forward to chatting with you all !!

Hi everyone!!

Just booked a trip today for me, my Mom and my sister for my Mom's 60th birthday. We'll be staying at POP for a quick trip but we can't wait. We'll be there 9/21-25. We're praying for free dining!!!! Looking forward to planning with you all!!

Kristen:flower3:

I am planning a big family vacation to WDW Spetember 26 through Oct. 2nd. My name is Mae and my husband Mario and I will there celebrating our 6 year anniversary there. We will be bringing our 2 sons, who will be 2 and 3.5, for their 1st trip. I am just so excited. I love Disney and just can't wait for the trip. Unfortunately since we will be going with my parents, my ILs, and my SIL's family we are planning to rent a house just outside Disney instead of staying in the park. Although we would LOVE to stay on the resort, it's just more feasible to rent a house. We'll save that for our next trip when it's just our family.

I have hardly been working trying to get as much info about the trip. Right now we've picked out the houses we like the best and just trying to decied which one to rent.

Next I plan to figure out what Character meal to choose so that I will be ready to call in my reservation. Also, my FIL will be celbrating his birthday there too and have to figure out where we are going to celebrate that.

Some questions for those who have been to WDW in September, how is the weather like? I know it's in the middle of hurrican season. Should I seriously look at getting travel insurance? Unlike a hotel, with the house rental we have to pay in full a month in advance and if we don't go because of a hurricane we lose everything. I want to know really what are my risks?? I mean how probable is that going to be a problem? I know there will always be a possiblity but is it a high risk or a low one. Something I have to figure out right now before we put a deposit down on the house.

Anyway, I am so happy I found this board. I feel like it's like planning my wedding all over again. LOL! I haven't been to a board since then. Now I can't wait to get to WDW. September can't come soon enough.

I am planning a big family vacation to WDW Spetember 26 through Oct. 2nd. My name is Mae and my husband Mario and I will there celebrating our 6 year anniversary there. We will be bringing our 2 sons, who will be 2 and 3.5, for their 1st trip. I am just so excited. I love Disney and just can't wait for the trip. Unfortunately since we will be going with my parents, my ILs, and my SIL's family we are planning to rent a house just outside Disney instead of staying in the park. Although we would LOVE to stay on the resort, it's just more feasible to rent a house. We'll save that for our next trip when it's just our family.

I have hardly been working trying to get as much info about the trip. Right now we've picked out the houses we like the best and just trying to decied which one to rent.

Next I plan to figure out what Character meal to choose so that I will be ready to call in my reservation. Also, my FIL will be celbrating his birthday there too and have to figure out where we are going to celebrate that.

Some questions for those who have been to WDW in September, how is the weather like? I know it's in the middle of hurrican season. Should I seriously look at getting travel insurance? Unlike a hotel, with the house rental we have to pay in full a month in advance and if we don't go because of a hurricane we lose everything. I want to know really what are my risks?? I mean how probable is that going to be a problem? I know there will always be a possiblity but is it a high risk or a low one. Something I have to figure out right now before we put a deposit down on the house.

Anyway, I am so happy I found this board. I feel like it's like planning my wedding all over again. LOL! I haven't been to a board since then. Now I can't wait to get to WDW. September can't come soon enough.

Hi Mae!!
You asked about who has traveled during September before..we went last year (2007) in September and it was a great time to travel for us! Although I will say, it was a bit hotter than I expected at the end of September but that just meant we could eat more ice cream!! :rotfl: Travel insurance? Not sure you need it for the hurricanes as much as you may want to consider it because you have kids!! There is no telling when they will get sick and may not be able to go, you know? I'm not a big insurance person but I felt like the extra $120 or so, was my security that we would be going to WDW!! :lmao: Know what I mean? I hope that helps!

It is like planning a wedding all over again, but less stressful, kinda!! Btw, meals....check out Chef Mickey's for the kids, we loved it there and Le Celliar for your FIL birthday...they are the best!!!!!!!

Take care!
:goodvibes Kristen

Hi Mae!!
You asked about who has traveled during September before..we went last year (2007) in September and it was a great time to travel for us! Although I will say, it was a bit hotter than I expected at the end of September but that just meant we could eat more ice cream!! :rotfl: Travel insurance? Not sure you need it for the hurricanes as much as you may want to consider it because you have kids!! There is no telling when they will get sick and may not be able to go, you know? I'm not a big insurance person but I felt like the extra $120 or so, was my security that we would be going to WDW!! :lmao: Know what I mean? I hope that helps!

It is like planning a wedding all over again, but less stressful, kinda!! Btw, meals....check out Chef Mickey's for the kids, we loved it there and Le Celliar for your FIL birthday...they are the best!!!!!!!

Take care!
:goodvibes Kristen

Thank you so much Kristen. I also agree that having that little bit of security is worth the cost. I didn't even think about kids being sick, especially since there will be 4 possibly 6 going on this trip if DH's cousin's family also joins us.

Well, we'll see if this is less stressful considering I have to deal with my parents, ILs and DH's family again. LOL I can't just be selfish and make this trip about what I want. ;)

Thanks for the tips about Chef Mickey's and Le Celliar. I will have to check those out.

Whoo hoo!!! Just booked our house rental. Can't wait now!! :cool1: Hopefully, MIL is okay to travel with. Heard some bad stories but we get along so hopefully travelling together won't change that. Although she was already giving me attitude about renting such a big house. Hello!! There will be 4 families there, I don't want to feel cramped up and I want us all to feel we have our own space. It's cheaper than staying at a hotel or about the same cost of a budget hotel but with nicer amenities.

Anyway, now to decide character meal and where to go to celebrate FIL's birthday and our anniversary!!!

My dates are wrong on the list, because yesterday we changed our dates to 9/22-10/2, ten days at the Poly! Woohoo!!!

Now we get the Halloween party AND Food & Wine starts 4 days into our trip, yay!

We're going Sept 25th- Oct 1st provided the economy holds up and DH doesn't lose his job:scared: ! Works for Citibank:sad2: ! We are staying at the Contemporary- got the 40% off PIN!! Have already done Poly and GF and have not stayed at CR since I was a kid. Does anyone have any opinions about CR. I first booked Beach club but we really spend the most time at MK and love the monorail. I am an obsessive planner and cannot stand not yet having the park hours, EMH, dates for MNSSHP, ect... Does anyone else look at the past years and try to guess what they will be and make a whole plan based on these guesses? or am I the only nut? Both of my son's birthday will be during this trip!
Look foward to planning along with you all.

Joanna

Hi jmlipari! You are not alone. I have already done all that! LOL! My ILs and SIL think I'm crazy planning so far in advance. I've already bombarded my SIL with questions and emails about the trip. She's the last minute go with the flow kind of girl. I like to plan at least the main things ahead especially to WDW. To her it's like a year away and she can't even think that far.

Looking forward to planning with you all also.

I'm right there with you planning away. We're going as a surprise for my Mom's 60th birthday and my Mom and sister haven't been in like 10+ years and they don't know about ADR's or EMH, I'm going to drive them crazy! :rotfl2: At least I have you guys!!! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter