Sept 4-8 2005 Wonder S.S. Member Cruise! Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
cgcw said:
Amy ---

Tonne & Landmeier????

Or the Terrace Apartments??
I think that it was on Ridge Road, I remember that I could get off the tollway on Biesterfield and I could keep going past the Jewel and my apt was back in there somewhere. There were several 3 or 4 story buildings.

alikat99 said:
I think that it was on Ridge Road, I remember that I could get off the tollway on Biesterfield and I could keep going past the Jewel and my apt was back in there somewhere. There were several 3 or 4 story buildings.

By Queen of the Rosary? Close by the High School?

cgcw said:
By Queen of the Rosary? Close by the High School?
Ugghhh, you're killin' me!! I don't remember. I haven't been back that way in a LONG time. I'm going to have to go back there next time we're in Chicago just to see. Chris thinks that it was actually Ridge Square.

WDWLVR said:
Very cool. It says round trip to Orlando will cost us about $238. I budgeted $300 so we should be fine.

Mary, I'm sure you've said, but I don't remember....
are you driving straight through?

alikat99 said:
Ugghhh, you're killin' me!! I don't remember. I haven't been back that way in a LONG time. I'm going to have to go back there next time we're in Chicago just to see. Chris thinks that it was actually Ridge Square.

Off of Cypress -- by Salt Creek? Actually facing it??

Oh well...
My day of leisure and rest while dh and kids were at Cedar Point is coming to an end. Got all the bed sheets changed, washed and put back on. Plus 4 more loads of laundry. Vacuumed the house. Cleaned the bathrooms. Cross stitched. Watched a movie. Scrapbooked. DIS'd.

Wait a sec....that doesn't sound like leisure or rest! :)

Back into my corner and going back into lurk and rarely post mode....
It's been fun today! :)

ohiominnie said:
Oh well...
My day of leisure and rest while dh and kids were at Cedar Point is coming to an end. Got all the bed sheets changed, washed and put back on. Plus 4 more loads of laundry. Vacuumed the house. Cleaned the bathrooms. Cross stitched. Watched a movie. Scrapbooked. DIS'd.

Sure doesn't sound like a day of relaxation!!

Don't go away, we're trying to make 10,000 posts by our sail day!! Keep posting.

ohiominnie said:
Oh well...

Ok now how is it possible to get all that done in one day? I did do 2 1/2 loads of laundry today and put away 5, however whenever I sit down to scrap I get distracted by the DIS and never scrap.

cgcw said:
Off of Cypress -- by Salt Creek? Actually facing it??
I don't know, that sounds vaguely familiar, but I don't remember.

ohiominnie said:

Mary's catching z's and I'm about to join her, it's been a very long weekend. Fun, but later than we'd usually do and is catching up to us now.

No way are we going straight thru, my parents used to do that, too grueling for us. Driving as far as Murfreesboro both ways. And even that'll be hard as I don't think we'll be on the road from here till at least noon, if not later.

chipscinderelly said:
Ok now how is it possible to get all that done in one day? I did do 2 1/2 loads of laundry today and put away 5, however whenever I sit down to scrap I get distracted by the DIS and never scrap.
I absolutely HAVE to do some scrapping tomorrow. I have a circle journal that is supposed to be mailed out today. But, well, I'm a little behind. I don't even have a theme yet. :earseek:

alikat99 said:
I don't know, that sounds vaguely familiar, but I don't remember.

Okay, Amy, we'll figure it out. :)

At one time I lived in Ridge Square and also the Terrace Apartments. A long time ago. There aren't too many around there. I'll think about it.

cgcw said:
Okay, Amy, we'll figure it out. :)

At one time I lived in Ridge Square and also the Terrace Apartments. A long time ago. There aren't too many around there. I'll think about it.
Ok, I've confirmed it! It had to be the Terrace Apts. I looked at some pics online and the floor plans. I had a one bedroom apt there for a year before I moved to FL.

$ 430 if we take the Avalanche :confused3

$ 230 if we take the Sebring convertible :moped:

Hmmm not a hard decision We will drive the Sebring in Oct.

Squid

We're flying for this cruise but in December we will be driving down. Since there will be six of us we will need to take two cars. Both cars round trip in December (barring any additional increases) will cost us about $450.00. Possibly a small bit more since we are north of Detroit.

On Friday an area church group and the gas station near our house did a promotion of selling gas for $1.99 a gallon. They ran it until 8 PM and at 8:30 there was still a line of cars almost a 1/2 mile long. Of course I gassed up the day before, but my dd was able to get in on the deal. She was there early and only waited about 20 minutes.

Good Morning Everyone - at least, it's morning for y'all!

Graduated from Lamar High School, Lamar Colorado

Current job - I'm a housewife - or is that the politically correct term now? I could be risque and just say I'm a kept woman! All I know is I work harder at home all day long now than I did as a computer programmer lo these many years past! I sell Mary Kay part-time, too, but mostly I take care of everyone and that's a full-time job!:rotfl:

Dream job - would have to be Disney-related for sure. Somedays I think I would be content selling balloons, just for a chance to be near the mouse. Other days, I'd love to be in the Christmas store. And still other days, I would love to be a tour guide (maybe the know-it-all in me coming out?)! Oh, the choices, the choices!

Congratulations on the 8000th post, Annmarie! :cool1:

Amy, thanks for the information on the gas - only $254.79 for a trip to Orlando, but after all the meals and hotels for the long trek, I have to wonder what that would amount to!;)

Kristi

Im up early suffering from insomnia again..
i just wanted to say in 2 weeks we will be watching the ship pull into Key West!!
Cant wait,cant wait...
Have a great day..
Im off to sell Chick Fil A sandwhiches.

alikat99 said:
Ok, I've confirmed it! It had to be the Terrace Apts. I looked at some pics online and the floor plans. I had a one bedroom apt there for a year before I moved to FL.

Way back in 1982, I lived in the Terrace Apartments. A long, long time ago when I lived another life (that would be with my ex right after we were married).

Just another of those strange twilight zone moments! :teeth:

ohiominnie said:

Karen - no we don't drive straight through. Especially since Mark does all the driving (his choice). We'll leave home around noon and drive to Murfreesboro, TN to stop for the night. Then the next day we'll go from there down to WDW. Coming home will be the same in reverse - stopping at the same hotel in Murfreeesboro.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter