September 2007 POP'ers??? MoJiTooooOoOoOOooo!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jettsetter,
Hey girl, where have you been. You are one of the many faces I remember from our September trip. Glad to hear from you and have a wonderful time in Florida.

Pooh,
You are in my thoughts and I am sending pixie dust your way that either things turn out like you dreamed or that the pixie dust give you strength to do what you need to make your dreams come true. Remember that you have friends here if you need us good or bad. I know you still have my number tucked away somewhere so call if you need to.

Ants,
So you have become the incredible shrinking woman, huh. It sounds like you are feeling better and eating healthy which is great. So when are your next plans for a trip to the world?

Goofy,
You crack me up. Reading your email I envisioned two woman one saying what did they say and the other saying who are you talking about I don't see anyone. lol Seriously, it is nice when two friends can help each other equally using the strengths they have. Oh yeah, when you meet a person without problems let me know because that will be like finding a unicorn and I want to see it. lol

The GPS sounds neat. I would love one but DH being the traveler that he is and stuck in his ways loves his map and doesn't want to throw away his money on an item that costs over $100 when a map costs just $20 (his words). There is no convincing him of the ease of use and how compact it is compaired to a map and he claims to know where all the gas stations and restaurants are at all the exits. This is the same man who still writes up his reciepts and billing for our company on paper and hands me leftover carbon paper like he just gave me a precious gift. lol We ended up laughing hysterically after that one and I know he will never hand me carbon paper again. He can set up a computer and turn it on but after that he's lost. Luckly, I have a great sense of direction and can follow directions well so needing a GPS is one disagreement I will let him win for the time being. lol

Angela

SG all your food talk is making me hungry! :rotfl2:

Pooh, does Mike know that your final date is February 14th?

Acutally he gave me that date after we had our "long talk". he asked me to hold on until Feb. 14th and if he hadn't asked me to marry him by then he probably wouldn't so I told him well it doesn't matter because I am giving myself the choice to get out if i want I was giving him the control over my life anylonger and that I am woman with the right to choose what I want for my life and that if he wanted me than he needed to think about what he truely wants in his life whether that be me or he living alone I just wasn't giving him the option to make my decsions for me anymore.

Jettsetter,
Hey girl, where have you been. You are one of the many faces I remember from our September trip. Glad to hear from you and have a wonderful time in Florida.

Pooh,
You are in my thoughts and I am sending pixie dust your way that either things turn out like you dreamed or that the pixie dust give you strength to do what you need to make your dreams come true. Remember that you have friends here if you need us good or bad. I know you still have my number tucked away somewhere so call if you need to.

Ants,
So you have become the incredible shrinking woman, huh. It sounds like you are feeling better and eating healthy which is great. So when are your next plans for a trip to the world?

Goofy,
You crack me up. Reading your email I envisioned two woman one saying what did they say and the other saying who are you talking about I don't see anyone. lol Seriously, it is nice when two friends can help each other equally using the strengths they have. Oh yeah, when you meet a person without problems let me know because that will be like finding a unicorn and I want to see it. lol

The GPS sounds neat. I would love one but DH being the traveler that he is and stuck in his ways loves his map and doesn't want to throw away his money on an item that costs over $100 when a map costs just $20 (his words). There is no convincing him of the ease of use and how compact it is compaired to a map and he claims to know where all the gas stations and restaurants are at all the exits. This is the same man who still writes up his reciepts and billing for our company on paper and hands me leftover carbon paper like he just gave me a precious gift. lol We ended up laughing hysterically after that one and I know he will never hand me carbon paper again. He can set up a computer and turn it on but after that he's lost. Luckly, I have a great sense of direction and can follow directions well so needing a GPS is one disagreement I will let him win for the time being. lol

Angela

Thanks sweetie I do have your number in my cell. I am not unhappy at all I have just came to the conculson that I am 40 in March i will be 41 and I don't want to be single anymore and i shouldn't be so if he can't or won't then I need to move on with my life and find that person but I am hope and pray that life stays with him we seem to be a match made in heaven for the first time in my life I am really at peace but I just don't want to be single anymore I don't think thats asking to much.

Okay gals this is way to freaky but here we go I just got an email from my cousin who has a friend that called her last night in need of a wedding planner and guess who my cousin told her??? ME!!! Yeah if I get the job this will be my very first one gals you are all responsible for giving me the courage to do this I hope you know that.

Thanks sweetie I do have your number in my cell. I am not unhappy at all I have just came to the conculson that I am 40 in March i will be 41 and I don't want to be single anymore and i shouldn't be so if he can't or won't then I need to move on with my life and find that person but I am hope and pray that life stays with him we seem to be a match made in heaven for the first time in my life I am really at peace but I just don't want to be single anymore I don't think thats asking to much.

Hey Pooh,

I have a friend who lived with her boyfriend for almost 6 years....he just would not commit to her. She finally broke up with him and about 6 months later found the man of her dreams, they got married a year later! What ticked her off the most was that she wasted 6 years of her life on him! Then she found out after she got married that her ex was engaged and got married less than 2 months after she did!

She's happier now then she's ever been though!

You need to follow your heart, and do what's right for you.

Pooh, it is not freaky, just serendipitous. Life is like that. Sometimes it all falls apart and then sometimes it all falls into place. Funny thing is that sometimes both happen at the same time and when we are in the midst it seems all turmoil but when you look back you can see the puzzle pieces fit in perfect precision. YOU had the dream, we just said you COULD do it, which you SHOULD know. :thumbsup2

Ang, I know everyone has problems but I seem to have the German view in that I should be able to fix them ALL. Luckily I have no aspirations toward world domination though I do believe I could get the trains to run on time. You are so right about my friend and I. We are so much alike it is freaky. I will forward your comments to her as she will get a kick out of them. They still make carbon paper???? Who knew? The GPS works so well for letting me know what lane I need to get into for turns and such. I cannot drive and read a map and can get lost in my own mind let alone out in the wide world so I love mine.

For those of you who are hungry - I would not wait for dinner as this is lunch. This is the typical meal I used to cook twice a day way back when. Tom really appreciates such meals now that I have introduced him to Hungry Man TV dinners. You would not believe the meals I fixed him to take to work in his bucket. Cornish hens etc. I have much guilt about my lack of homemaking skills. It is not that I do not do it all but my compulsion to complain about doing it and not getting appreciated that keeps me from winning 'Housewife of the Year" awards. Methinks that is usually awarded posthumously:rolleyes1

Back to work, bil will be here shortly to check to see if I am taking appropriate care of his big brother. Since he is a retired lawyer/judge he sees evidence where others might not. Must remember to put away the bullwhip, now. :rotfl2:

SG/Linda .

Hey Pooh,

I have a friend who lived with her boyfriend for almost 6 years....he just would not commit to her. She finally broke up with him and about 6 months later found the man of her dreams, they got married a year later! What ticked her off the most was that she wasted 6 years of her life on him! Then she found out after she got married that her ex was engaged and got married less than 2 months after she did!

She's happier now then she's ever been though!

You need to follow your heart, and do what's right for you.

yup this is so true and I hope that it works out but if not than it wasn't meant to be but I sure hope it is.

Having made more than my fair share of mistakes in my life and being the elder of the group I can assure you that nothing is wasted, as long as you learn from it.

Might a person not appreciate what they have if they had not had it worse elsewhere and with someone else? Whoopie Goldberg was talking on The View and she said that she had found that her relationships lasted about 8 years or so. I prefer a life long commitment but if you have a good relationship for a long period of time but it does not make it all the way through I would not say it is was a failure. However, a short relationship that is bad from the start is better ended ASAP. I really feel that two good people can still have a bad relationship.

As horrible, National Enquirer horrible, as my previous marriage was I comfort myself in that I got my daughter from it and that is enough reward and worth whatever I went through. Also, I doubt that I could have stuck this one out this long if I had not had horrible. I must go ruminate on that thought. :rolleyes1

They say that God answers all prayers but sometimes He says "No" cause he knows better what we are supposed to have than we do.

Pooh, I hope your dreams come true, whatever they may turn out to be.

SG/Linda (lunch is over, bil ate 3 servings!!! He is picky too.)

:banana: :cool1: :banana: :cool1:
We're going!!!I convinced him to go for not just 1 day but for 2 NIGHTS!!!party: :jumping1: only g
I made dining ressies but can't decided to stay at POFQ or AK. I really want to stay at AK but could use the extra money for food, we have passes...what to do what to do?:dance3: It really doesn't matter I could stay at the campgrounds I'm just so happy we are going.

Haven't told Gianfranco yet...I think we might surprise him...poor thing we never tell him until we are on the road but he does get OCD about it..wonder where he gets that?:rolleyes:

Thank you all for the pixiedust: it sure did help!

I did say we are going for 2 nights but the park will be one day so I'm off to figure out if we can do 4 parks in 1 day. :scared1: We've done 3 in one day with seeing Fantasmic, Illuminations and I think Wishes, have to go look that up but definetaly the 1st two.

Have a Magical day all.

TTFN
Jetsetter90

We're going!!!I convinced him to go for not just 1 day but for 2 NIGHTS!!!party: :jumping1: only g
I made dining ressies but can't decided to stay at POFQ or AK. I really want to stay at AK but could use the extra money for food, we have passes...what to do what to do?:dance3: It really doesn't matter I could stay at the campgrounds I'm just so happy we are going.

Haven't told Gianfranco yet...I think we might surprise him...poor thing we never tell him until we are on the road but he does get OCD about it..wonder where he gets that?:rolleyes:

I did say we are going for 2 nights but the park will be one day so I'm off to figure out if we can do 4 parks in 1 day. :scared1: We've done 3 in one day with seeing Fantasmic, Illuminations and I think Wishes, have to go look that up but definetaly the 1st two.

Have a Magical day all.

TTFN
Jetsetter90

:banana: :woohoo: :wizard: :hug: :cloud9: congrats I can't believe it thats is GREAT!!! What dates are you coming???

update on the new business gals,

Okay I have now been booked as a Wedding Planner for Bride Anna and its going to be a beach themed wedding and what for it I have to do it with a budget at this point of $1,500.00 and only 65 guest so I can start out small and then grow.

You guys and your support thank you so much for believing in my when I guess I didn't believe in myself anymore.

Okay I have now been booked as a Wedding Planner for Bride Anna and its going to be a beach themed wedding and what for it I have to do it with a budget at this point of $1,500.00 and only 65 guest so I can start out small and then grow.

You guys and your support thank you so much for believing in my when I guess I didn't believe in myself anymore.

Way to go Pooh! :woohoo:

We knew you could do it!

Congrats on the new job opportunity! :thumbsup2

My husband and I are both in a wedding party in October. The bridesmaids are less than thrilled with the color choice for our gowns....maroon and hunter green! :scared1: We are all secretly hoping that we can find a gown in those colors!

Way to go Pooh! :woohoo:

We knew you could do it!

My husband and I are both in a wedding party in October. The bridesmaids are less than thrilled with the color choice for our gowns....maroon and hunter green! :scared1: We are all secretly hoping that we can find a gown in those colors!

:scared1: I hope you find a color that you all can live with.

Thanks again for the support and the Congrates I will need it with this bride :dance3:

:scared1: I hope you find a color that you all can live with.

Thanks again for the support and the Congrates I will need it with this bride :dance3:

You'll do just fine! :thumbsup2

I just forwarded a picture of a gown to two of the other girls in the wedding party, only thing is that it doesn't come in maroon or hunter green :woohoo: But it does come in about 20 other colors. So we are going to approach the bride with these colors and see if we can sway her original color choices just a bit!

You'll do just fine! :thumbsup2

I just forwarded a picture of a gown to two of the other girls in the wedding party, only thing is that it doesn't come in maroon or hunter green :woohoo: But it does come in about 20 other colors. So we are going to approach the bride with these colors and see if we can sway her original color choices just a bit!

Good luck with that :thumbsup2 I know some brides are so picky that no matter what they will keep the same colors no matter how ugly the dresses are.

So here is some pixie dust for you and your fellow Brides maidspixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust:

Good luck with that :thumbsup2 I know some brides are so picky that no matter what they will keep the same colors no matter how ugly the dresses are.

So here is some pixie dust for you and your fellow Brides maidspixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust:

She told me she wanted an a-line dress and that was her only request and that she was thinking of colors still....but she wanted a dress that we could all wear again! I'm sorry, but I honestly don't think I will ever wear anything in maroon plus I'm very light skinned, I can not pull off maroon! And another girl that is stuck in green...absolutely hates the color green! :scared:

I was just talking to another girl in the wedding party, she was the bride's maid of honor for her first wedding, she's going to approach the bride with the available colors on the gown that I saw tonight and see if she can sway her color choices, or possibly tweak them just a bit!

She told me she wanted an a-line dress and that was her only request and that she was thinking of colors still....but she wanted a dress that we could all wear again! I'm sorry, but I honestly don't think I will ever wear anything in maroon plus I'm very light skinned, I can not pull off maroon! And another girl that is stuck in green...absolutely hates the color green! :scared:

I was just talking to another girl in the wedding party, she was the bride's maid of honor for her first wedding, she's going to approach the bride with the available colors on the gown that I saw tonight and see if she can sway her color choices, or possibly tweak them just a bit!

well she should have good luck then lots of it :goodvibes

Looks like everyone has good news here today! Goodie!!!!!:cheer2:

jetsetter90, my personal choice would be PORFQ cause I think it is so romantic, the carriage rides, boat to DTD and all but if you are real animals lovers I can see the allure of the AKL. How about figuring out what you want to do and then fit where you are staying around that since you will have such a short time to stay and enjoy? I am happy for you. :lovestruc

Pooh, how wonderful. I am an odd duck and am more intrigued with doing such a budget wedding than I would be one where unlimited funds were available. As with most things when money is tight choices are limited. How about coming up with some basic wedding plans with limited choices in different budget ranges so that brides that might not otherwise think of hiring a consultant might come to you? Sort of a classier version of the Vegas weddings?? What you do not make on quality you could more than make up for with quantity? Starting a marriage deep in debt over a fancy wedding is a bad omen to my way of thinking. I hope you do not get any Bridezillas but if you do I have total faith that you can take 'em down!!
:laughing:

I believe I am on the mend. Tom must be very worried about me cause I have not heard one word from him since I saw him on Tuesday. Poor dear. Luckily, I am no longer surprised, disappointed or feeling much of anything. Hope his distress did not affect his appetite. :rolleyes:

SG/Linda

JettSetter,
How cool 2 days is so much better than none. I wish I could go too. I have always wanted to stay at POFQ too.

Pooh,
Wow how awsome you got your first job. Isn't it funny how things happen almost like you wished it to happen. A beach theme wedding should be so much fun to create. I made the flowers for my Dbro wedding with his new step daughter. We used silk flowers from micheal's crafts and they turned out really beautiful and not very expensive. The bridesmaids really liked that they got a souvenier as well. That's another way to make a little extra if you wanted to.

Wic,
Marroon and green. I hate to say it but I remember about 10 years ago when those colors were popular together in bathrooms and I was not a fan back then. lol

I remember crying several times over the dress a friend picked for her wedding I stood up to. I had no clue how I would find the courage to feel good wearing a skin tight mermaid like suit dress when the biggest joke passed down in my family is big hips and butt. lol She kept telling me how everyone could wear it again by just cutting the skirt to a shorter length. Yeah right we were all overweight. lol I would like to know who prices those dresses too because I have never spent that much money on any piece of clothing I bought since then.

The lesson I learned from that was that when I got married I found my bridesmaids dresses at Madigan's (when they were in business) on sale for $70, which was less than a 3rd of the cost of a true bridesmaids dress. They were a stretchy A line dress that fit everyone perfectly off the rack. They had the exact neckline as my wedding dress and they were all black with a bit of a sparkle and short jackets over them. Everyone loved them and wore them several times after the wedding. I really was lucky to find them because they were really pretty and flattered all the girls figures so they felt comfortable and really enjoyed themselves.

How much do bridesmaids dresses run nowadays? About 15 years ago they started at $225 and got more costly from there.

SG,
Isn't the silence golden or are you lonely? Glad to hear you are able to relax for a few days. Sounds like you need to go shopping for more microwave meals. lol

:woohoo: with your vibrant self.. you'll do this in a blink of your eye!!! Congratulations and keep us posted.

I am trying to imagine this... well I guess it would look better than it sounds... good luck in your quest of finding THEE gown...

Are you in the wedding or sponsors or something... worst come to worst... all I can think of is a nice shade of maroon gown and maybe a corsage with hunter green ribbon :goodvibes :idea:

Have a Magical day all.

TTFN
Jetsetter90
:dance3: when is this happening... I think both resort's wonderful. I love POFQ!!! But would also want to try AKL.. who wouldn't huh... well keep us posted... whereever you decide it will be wonderful... You are in Disney!!! Anywhere there is wonderful :hug: :woohoo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter