September 2009 couples getting hitched...

I think we are all going to have a blast coming up with ideas for our weddings!!(hopefull weddings for some of us :lmao: )

I'm so down with the mickely waffles too! Has anyone else gottn brunch menus?? I was dissapointed to see that there was only one menu.. what are the other options.. mickey waffles are not on the brunch menu, so i wonder what else you can have that is not listed?

yup, the mickey waffles totally rock !! my fiance and one of the girls that i'm hoping can be jr bridesmaid are stoked about the mickey waffles lol. how do you eat them without getting syrup down your dress ?? i swear i need a bib every time i go out lol. yea, it'll be fun planning our weddings ! my friends are so scattered after college and i moved back home because of some family things so it is kind of hard to stay in touch with everyone. this is why i liked this board so much !!

oh, and i think that lurkyloo had waffles at her reception, which is where i saw them. i think she had her reception at the attic on boardwalk, so you might want to pm her. she is great at helping us dis girls.

Hi All

I am David and my partner (Ian - epcot1982UK) and I are planning our comitment ceremony for the 17th of September. We both worked for Disney in the past on the international program and visit WDW, DL and DLP as often as possible. We were really excited when Disney decided to offer the comitment ceremony as we could think of no better place than this.

Just can't wait to be able to get in and get the contract signed as soon as possible!!!

I was reading something somewhere (I don't remember where! :confused3 ) about love bugs. The name is cute, but I hear that the insects themselves are definitely NOT! I had heard that May/September was a big time for them at WDW and since my wedding is going to be outside... well... I'm worried!

Anyone have any experience with these critters and if so if there any particular time that they're especially thick? Morning, night, mid-day, etc? I'm clueless. :faint:

I also hear that they LOVE the color white. :scared: :sad: I hate bugs!!!

Hi All

I am David and my partner (Ian - epcot1982UK) and I are planning our comitment ceremony for the 17th of September. We both worked for Disney in the past on the international program and visit WDW, DL and DLP as often as possible. We were really excited when Disney decided to offer the comitment ceremony as we could think of no better place than this.

Just can't wait to be able to get in and get the contract signed as soon as possible!!!

HI david!!! how have you guys been?? havent heard a peep form you or ian in a while!

I was reading something somewhere (I don't remember where! :confused3 ) about love bugs. The name is cute, but I hear that the insects themselves are definitely NOT! I had heard that May/September was a big time for them at WDW and since my wedding is going to be outside... well... I'm worried!

Anyone have any experience with these critters and if so if there any particular time that they're especially thick? Morning, night, mid-day, etc? I'm clueless. :faint:

I also hear that they LOVE the color white. :scared: :sad: I hate bugs!!!

I heard the same thing. I've thought about using SBP rather than the Pavillion because it's cheaper but the love bug issue has me staying inside the WP for now. They are just annoying. I don't believe they bite; I've never been bit. They're kinda like little beetles and they don't give up. You can swat at them but they just keep coming back! I don't know the science, but I think they are thickest during the mid-day and I don't remember seeing them as much in the shade. April/May is MUCH worse in my experience.

I hope one of this years September brides can tell us how bad they were. :duck:

Hey that would be really neat! I haven't set up a date for my PS yet but I think it will be sometime in January. And you *can* call Disney sooner! You can even sign your contract on the one-year mark so long as you're not going to be having any part of your celebration in any of the conference areas. (I think that's the deal) That's what we're doing- and it's even being expedited to us so that we can sign before the Oct 1 cut-off for outside photography!

My WC is sending me more pics of The Attic so I can get a better idea of colors, size, layout, etc. Oh! And she's sending me some pics of the alternate ceremony sites (In case of rain... I don't want it to rain!)

Oh, I'm so excited now..and I'm going to call today!:banana: I was in Disney this past February and it was just too cold for me; we're going to do the PS in May-ish.

What is the Oct 1 photography cut-off? I'm really leaning toward Randy Chapman....

Oh please share with us when you receive the pictures of the Attic and alt ceremony site!! And thank you for all the info!!!

HI david!!! how have you guys been?? havent heard a peep form you or ian in a while!

Hey we have just been away for a week enjoying the currently beautiful British weather. We are both fine just trying to stay calm until we can sign our contract.
How have you been?

On the point of love bugs, having lived in Orlando before they can be a big problem around September. However they do like being near the water and tend to be more prominant in the morning through till mid afternoon, they are not so much of an issue in the evening. They do not bite you but can be a little irritating.

What a great thread!
We are planning for 9/9 next year! Stan and I have been together for 7 1/2 years and we have two boys together! We decided that an escape wedding would be best. We never wanted anything huge so its going to be us and our closest family members only!

Yay! :yay: Another September 2009 bride! Congratulations! Do you have any plans for where your ceremony and reception will be yet? I'm 09/03/09 but we're staying through the 13th, maybe we'll run into each other! :banana:

Yhea another Sept. :bride: !!! We are 9/5 but will be there from the 1st to the 10th we should all def. plan on getting together for lunch or soemthing!!

We are going to have ours at SBP!!! So excited. Just a little worried about these so called love bugs:confused3 9 is my lucky number and since i am getting married 9/9 maybe it will be my lucky day and those pesky critters will stay away!! I'll be there from 9/6 to 9/12!

We were just at the Grand over the weekend and saw 3 different weddings... they were all beautiful. Was it anyone here?

Wow, sounds like most of us are thinking of using the Attic! I'm not sure if my color choices would go well there but I just love the casual feel the Attic has. :bitelip:

Have you ladies called and talked with planners already? I thought I couldn't do that until a year out so I've been waiting oh so patiently. It would be fun if we went for our planning sessions during the same time and were able to meet for dinner! :idea:

As an October 2009 bride <lurking> you can call and talk to a wedding coordinator. They will put you down for the day you want, but it's not confirmed until a year out. :)

We were just at the Grand over the weekend and saw 3 different weddings... they were all beautiful. Was it anyone here?

I was there!! Not getting hitched though, we were just there for a fun trip but we went over to the GF and toured the Whitehall room. I saw one wedding group taking photos out by the beach. The GF looked awesome, we may have to stay there our wedding night!

We are going to have ours at SBP!!! So excited. Just a little worried about these so called love bugs:confused3 9 is my lucky number and since i am getting married 9/9 maybe it will be my lucky day and those pesky critters will stay away!! I'll be there from 9/6 to 9/12!

I have good news for you! I just spent 7 days in Disney World; just back yesterday. I saw 2 love bugs the whole trip. :duck: I hope that takes some of the worry away!

Hello! I'm a 9/12/09 bride, though I'll just be having the HM in Disney, not the wedding itself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter