September 2010

:)I have a question!!:)
We are flying from buffalo to orlando and then taking the disney magical express.....so.....we won't be stopping anywhere on the way. I think I really want a case of water in my room...what would be the best way to do this?

Water is so heavy...I think even if I share a case out amongst our 4 suitcases it will weigh a ton?
What does everyone do? :confused3

I've used Staples and will do it again, you need to spend over $50 and you get free shipping, we got water, snacks and batteries. You have it delivered to your hotel a few days before you arrive and they hold it for you.

Hey All -- Is there ANYONE who is going to be staying at CBR next week that may be driving or renting a car that I could sweet talk into buying a case of purified water and I will pay you for it?? A 24 pack would be sufficient.
That is all that we need and we won't have a car or method of transportation to pick some up. I checked with the Garden Grocer, We Go Shop as well as Staples and all of them require a minimum purchase of at least $40 not including the cost of delivery etc.
Rumor has it there is a gas station not far from DTD but I don't know if they will have cases of PURIFIED water, I can't have spring water.

If someone would be willing to do this, I would really appreciate it and even pay you a little extra for your trouble of course.
Please PM me if you are able to.

We are on our way!!! Nine hours and we will be checking in and heading over to 1900 Park Fare.

:cool1::cool1::cool1:
6 days left - laundry and packing today. I am printing DD custom autograph book too today and taking it to Kinkos to be trimed and bound.
:yay::yay::yay:

How on earth did i miss this thread for the entire past year?!?!?!

We leave for the poly on Saturday. Please someone, please allay my hurricane fears! Do you think Igor will cause a big issue? We have only ever gone March/April/May. We went last labor day for 3 days but there were no hurricane threats and that was a last minute trip booked 2 days out so we didn't have time to worry.

I just don't know how disruptive hurricanes are that far inland etc, but i'm stressing! PLEASE tell me I'm overreacting!

We are not going to worry about the weather, we will be in Orlando, IF we get some wind and rain there then we will get wet and still be where the magic lives. If something major comes through, Disney will take good care of us. So... no worries - just happy magical thoughts.

We are not going to worry about the weather, we will be in Orlando, IF we get some wind and rain there then we will get wet and still be where the magic lives. If something major comes through, Disney will take good care of us. So... no worries - just happy magical thoughts.

I agree with Naisy. While I've never weathered a major storm in the World, I know people who have and they were safe and well cared for. They keep the parks open as long as it's safe and as long as you can don some rain gear, there isn't a better time to tour - no lines!

So I am planning and replanning and planning again!!! Unfortunalely we have some ADR during EMH (I usually avoid this....so crowded!) Anywany, I cannot find the schedule for the firework shows (starting Sept.18th) I keep getting an error! Does anyone know.....I LOVE WISHES!!:thumbsup2

So I am planning and replanning and planning again!!! Unfortunalely we have some ADR during EMH (I usually avoid this....so crowded!) Anywany, I cannot find the schedule for the firework shows (starting Sept.18th) I keep getting an error! Does anyone know.....I LOVE WISHES!!:thumbsup2

From my spreadsheet, for the 19th-25th (my trip dates), as follows:

9/19: Wishes @ 8 p.m.
9/20: MEP @ 8 p.m. and Wishes @ 9 p.m.
9/21: MNSSHP
9/22: Wishes @ 8 p.m.
9/23: MNSSHP
9/24: MEP @ 8 p.m. and Wishes @ 9 p.m.
9/25: MNSSHP

I don't think this has changed since I last checked.

MEP????? is that Epcot? what about Fantasmic?

Sorry!

MEP = Main Street Electrical Parade (@ Magic Kingdom): It's replacing Spectromagic for a while as the nighttime parade

Fantasmic! is at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Illuminations at Epcot.

I included the schedule for the two of those above. So, to summarize:

Magic Kingdom
9/19: Wishes @ 8 p.m.
9/20: Main Street Electrical Parade @ 8 p.m. and Wishes @ 9 p.m.
9/21: Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party
9/22: Wishes @ 8 p.m.
9/23: Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party
9/24: Main Street Electrical Parade @ 8 p.m. and Wishes @ 9 p.m.
9/25: Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party

Epcot
Illuminations @ 9 p.m. every night

Disney's Hollywood Studios
9/19: Fantasmic @ 8 p.m.
9/23: Fantasmic @ 8 p.m.
9/25: Fantasmic @ 8 p.m.

:goodvibes

85% of the way packed! Just have the meds and bathroom items left over and organize my carry-on bag.
Decided today not to worry about taking my laptop, I was going to try to do that and upload pics and such for you all BUT I'm sorry -- the idea of quality time with my family and relaxation won out instead. BUT I will keep a journal and write a trip report when I get back.
However, does anyone know if at CBR, they have a computer that I can get on in the lobby or somewhere if I need to check in here at the DIS quick? I probably won't but might have withdrawals if I don't, ha ha!

Also, is anyone aware if the gas station across from DTD has purified bottled water? Also, where exactly is this gas station? Is it a long walk from DTD?

Just have to make it through tomorrow and we will be on our way to the airport at 2:30am Tuesday... I'm a little nervous that we are driving across (just 2 1/2 hours) Wyoming to get to RAP but my husband decided he would rather spend the money at Disney than for a hotel tomorrow night. I will respect his decision.
Have a great night, Renee :wizard:

Well, had to post to see my ticker :) After this past BUSY weekend I am soo looking forward to a vacation...
Friends just returned on Sat and said it is
HOT HUMID.. and don't pack jeans:)

Tomorrow at about this time... we will be landing at MCO and looking for the Crocs store at MCO before heading down to the DME busses.
Yes, I am pretty excited about this in the slight chance you haven't noticed.

Have a great flight.. We come in Wed at 10:45! Can't wait. Thanks for the Croc store tip. I just bought a NEW pair of birkenstock flipflops.. and our darling new puppy got ahold of them. I can wear them but thought a pair of crocs would be nice to have on hand. I am taking 3 different types of shoes.

FYI.. if your kids get a mylar balloon. DISNEY will deflate them for you so you can pack them and when you get home you can take them to a balloon place to be blown back up. We on the other hand are going to give ours balloons to a family checking in when we are checking out..

Have a great flight..

FYI.. if your kids get a mylar balloon. DISNEY will deflate them for you so you can pack them and when you get home you can take them to a balloon place to be blown back up. We on the other hand are going to give ours balloons to a family checking in when we are checking out..

Have a great flight..

We usually always do the same with any balloons we buy - We here on the Dis are a nice bunch of people aren't we? :flower3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter