September 2011 - The Planning Has Started!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ooh, I am so excited to have found this thread! We are booked 9/29-10/8 at CBR with free dining. I have been planning since we booked last September and am anxiously waiting for my 2011 Passporter to arrive. I noticed some of you already have lists of ADR's you want to make, how do you figure all that out without knowing park hours/magic hours and where you are going when? Is it just a wish list? I am so glad I found you all--I have been talking Disney with a co-worker who is going in July, but I kind of get the feeling she's not quite as into it as I am...:rolleyes1
Marce

:)I just get a list of my fav. restaurants ready...for me it is more of a priority to get my fav restaurants than the EMH:cheer2:......last year we would just go to the parks after that had EMH is we still wanted to.
Personally, I think EMH are too crowded!!!! :scared1:

Good morning :wave:

Wow You all were quite chatty today! Congrates on booking Jo.

And yes Shelly you have to be the ginnea pig and tell us all about the Morraco place. I am just greatful that the F&W will be going on at least if I hate the food and don't eat I can find something at one of the kiosks afterward. The only thing I have ever eaten is cous cous -(not sure of the spelling) but the spices might be totally different, I think the girl at work that brought it in one time was from Trinidad :confused3

I am burried under roughly 2 ft of snow :scared1: I had to shovel a path for the dog since she could not hardly get thru it, was up to her neck :rotfl:
she stopped , turned and looked at me as if to say well help me here :lmao:

How kewl you got Disney Mail Shelly..............I have not rec'd anything yet :sad2: I guess the Poly is better than CR. Did you request a certain building or floor? When we moved back to the tower I just requested a high floor, not gonna worry about it until we get there, I am hopeing for 8th or higher but would love the 11th.

I can't believe how much snow you have! :scared1: I guess we got lucky this time around, we only have about 4-5 inches. So far.

I did put in requests for both CBR and the Poly. I can see them on my Poly reservation, but I don't see them on my CBR reservation. :confused3 But the CBR ressie is a package so it looks different than my room only Poly ressie, so maybe it's there somewhere and I just don't see it. Really though I will just be happy to get a top floor at CBR and a balcony at the Poly. :wizard:
Can we already put in requests for where we'd like our room(s) to be?! That would be awesome!

Yes, you can call and have it added to your reservation! :goodvibes
Ooh, I am so excited to have found this thread! We are booked 9/29-10/8 at CBR with free dining. I have been planning since we booked last September and am anxiously waiting for my 2011 Passporter to arrive. I noticed some of you already have lists of ADR's you want to make, how do you figure all that out without knowing park hours/magic hours and where you are going when? Is it just a wish list? I am so glad I found you all--I have been talking Disney with a co-worker who is going in July, but I kind of get the feeling she's not quite as into it as I am...:rolleyes1
Marce

Welcome!

I think for most of us we just know the restaurants we want to eat at, we just don't know when yet because the hours are not out yet. As soon as the hours come out we can put that all together!

Good morning to all you Sweaty September peeps. :wave:

Well, you aren't sweating yet but you will be in time.
Personally I am looking forward to the heat. It's 5 degrees here this morning. And my DH went running.:eek: He came back with icicles in his beard.:rotfl2:

Welcome to all the new posters!:goodvibes

Shel--- what the heck-- you're here today!!!!:banana::yay::dance3: And here I thought I was gonna be vacuuming and scrubbing today.
*sigh* let me go get some coffee.:surfweb: It's gonna be a long day.

:rotfl2:

Good Morning Everyone

I agreee with Shelly about we all have an idea of the wheres we want to eat , now it is just the whens. I checked last years calendars on easywdw.com which is free to try and figure out what days might be MNSSHP, I know F&W starts 9/30 and they usually do a preview the night before it officially opens so I have those days penciled in tentatively, same thing with fantasmic guessing what days it will run and I want to book the haunted carriage ride at Ft Wilderness but I worried I will only have one night to snag that if it runs like last year, starting on Oct 1

Not sure I like this 5 days in September and 1 day in October, as I plan more I will see, but I pretty much figure Oct hours won't be out when I have to make my ADR's :confused3

Still have my fingers crossed for that coveted 40% off pin, I so want to add one more day before the flight rates come out-anyone else waiting for Jet Blue to post the fares for after Sept 6th?

Well off to contemplate and maybe convince DH we should add a day ;)

Good morning ladies!

JO - Step away from the toilet scrubber -- I didn't get called into work today!!! :woohoo:

5 degrees, really??? :scared1: Yikes! I guess it is pretty warm here then at 19 degrees!:rotfl:

Sheila -- I know what you mean. My trip is by-monthly as well. I don't think the Sept hours will be out yet when I can make my ADR's because my trip starts in August. It would be helpful if I had gone this time of year before and knew what to expect as far as park hours and show times and so on. But I am clueless when it comes to Aug/Sept. :upsidedow

Since we are paying OOP I am probably only doing two meals on disney property. I loved doing CM on our last day so we will probably do that again. I'm also considering Tusker House character breakfast. We went there for lunch last time when we had free dining and we all really liked it.

Good morning to all you Sweaty September peeps. :wave:

Well, you aren't sweating yet but you will be in time.
Personally I am looking forward to the heat. It's 5 degrees here this morning. And my DH went running.:eek: He came back with icicles in his beard.:rotfl2:

Welcome to all the new posters!:goodvibes

How is the weather typically in September? We will have an awesome time weather we're sweating or freezing. :rotfl2:

Since we are paying OOP I am probably only doing two meals on disney property. I loved doing CM on our last day so we will probably do that again. I'm also considering Tusker House character breakfast. We went there for lunch last time when we had free dining and we all really liked it.

We paid OOP on our November trip and said we were only going to do a few TS meals, but we ended up doing one each day! :upsidedow I was pleasantly surprised by how little we spent! (Way less than we would have spent to get the DDP) But we didn't do any character meals.

Good Morning Everyone

I agreee with Shelly about we all have an idea of the wheres we want to eat , now it is just the whens. I checked last years calendars on easywdw.com which is free to try and figure out what days might be MNSSHP, I know F&W starts 9/30 and they usually do a preview the night before it officially opens so I have those days penciled in tentatively, same thing with fantasmic guessing what days it will run and I want to book the haunted carriage ride at Ft Wilderness but I worried I will only have one night to snag that if it runs like last year, starting on Oct 1

Not sure I like this 5 days in September and 1 day in October, as I plan more I will see, but I pretty much figure Oct hours won't be out when I have to make my ADR's :confused3

Still have my fingers crossed for that coveted 40% off pin, I so want to add one more day before the flight rates come out-anyone else waiting for Jet Blue to post the fares for after Sept 6th?

Well off to contemplate and maybe convince DH we should add a day ;)

Good luck convincing your hubby to add more days! :thumbsup2 I was one of those extremely lucky ones that got the 40% PIN. That is why we were able to add 2 more days onto our trip at AKL. I was freaking out when I got it!!! :worship:

Yes I did :thumbsup2 Thank you so much for your help! :worship:

You're welcome!!!!!:goodvibes

Sheila-- I'm jealous that you're going to MNSSHP. It's my favorite memory ever at MK. I'm praying and crossing toes that they will start it a bit early this year but not holding my breath.
My oldest DD is very disappointed - we all voted on the dates of the trip and she and I chose October but everyone else chose Labor Day week for less crowds. So you'll have to get some candy for me when you go.:)

Shelly-- yes ma'am. Toilet scrubber has been put away. I know 5 degrees--- you're in a regular heat wave up there!:beach:
I looked at the park hours for last yr for your week and it looks like the MK closed at either 9 or 10, Epcot was 9 as always, Studios was 7 (??) or 10 and AK was 5 pm.
That might help give you an idea of the hours you'll see once they release them.

Morning LH!!! :wave:

I want the 40% off pin too. Waaaaah.
It would save me another $200.

How is the weather typically in September? We will have an awesome time weather we're sweating or freezing. :rotfl2:

Avg temp is 92 degrees with humidity at around 95% and an afternoon thundershower every day.

So while it cools it off, then it just becomes a sauna.

Niiiice.:laughing:

Are park hours pretty consistent from year to year for each week? If that makes sense... I really wish they'd put the hours and special events out NOW! I'm going crazy! :confused3 Are EMH pretty typical from year to year, too? I want to get my planning going!!! :yay:

I keep debating about MNSSHP since we add the 2 extra days at AKL. :confused:

Isn't it exciting?! :goodvibes

It is!! :yay:
You're welcome!!!!!:goodvibes

Sheila-- I'm jealous that you're going to MNSSHP. It's my favorite memory ever at MK. I'm praying and crossing toes that they will start it a bit early this year but not holding my breath.
My oldest DD is very disappointed - we all voted on the dates of the trip and she and I chose October but everyone else chose Labor Day week for less crowds. So you'll have to get some candy for me when you go.:)

Shelly-- yes ma'am. Toilet scrubber has been put away. I know 5 degrees--- you're in a regular heat wave up there!:beach:
I looked at the park hours for last yr for your week and it looks like the MK closed at either 9 or 10, Epcot was 9 as always, Studios was 7 (??) or 10 and AK was 5 pm.
That might help give you an idea of the hours you'll see once they release them.

Morning LH!!! :wave:

I have my fingers crossed for them to move MNSSHP up for you!! :wizard:

That is weird about DHS 7 or 10. :confused3 Well I was mainly wondering about MK and DHS. Now DHS is my only concern! Between it's hours and Fantasmic showings I don't think I will be able to figure out my plans until the last minute. Does it show how many times/what days they did Fantasmic?

I want the 40% off pin too. Waaaaah.
It would save me another $200.

I want it too! :sad:

Of course if I got it then I would start rethinking everything. . . :idea:

:lmao:

Avg temp is 92 degrees with humidity at around 95% and an afternoon thundershower every day.

So while it cools it off, then it just becomes a sauna.

Niiiice.:laughing:

Oooh, I cannot wait to see how HOTT I look in all of the pictures. :lmao: Awesome. Our plan is to get the the parks at rope drop, have a TS lunch around 1:00 or so, head back to our room/resort for naps or swimming, then head back to the parks in the evening. I'm hoping we miss the insane heat in the middle of the day. :laughing:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter