September 2011 - We are going to Disney World {THIS MONTH}! (Third Thread)

Hi everyone! We got back late last night, flight was delayed for 2 hours and didn't get in until almost 11pm. Had a wonderful 14 days away (10 at Disney) and not quite ready to get back to reality.

This was our 2nd September trip in a row and we want to visit at a different time of year next time. Either late Nov, early Dec or Jan or Feb (wow we really narrowed it down :rotfl: ) It isn't just the heat, I would like to see something besides the fall decorations.

We were looking at November for next time too, would love to see the Christmas decorations!

Hi everyone! We are back from our trip!

We had a wonderful trip, not as amazing as last years but that was more that we were with more people. The crowds werent bad at all except the MNSSHP on 9/27 was mobbed! Last year we had no waits for anything; characters, candy or rides. This year the candy lines had 5-10 minute waits. Crazy! The other day that was packed was 10/1, the 40th anniversary. When they did fireworks at night, you could not move. It was beyond ridiculous and very unsafe. In fact some guy picked up his kids stroller, with the child inside, and was carrying that above peoples heads trying to leave. Couldnt believe it.

DS had a great time. He loved the characters, loved POTC and was so excited when he met Mater and Lightning McQueen. The pool at CBR was perfect for him. He had a great time and every time we went in he didnt want to get out. CBR overall was great, but we probably wont return. The beds were to small for us and the food court really lacked variety. We did have an amazing room location though so I cant complain. The buses at the resort also were great, didnt have a single problem. Whenever the lines at the parks got to long the buses doubled up. Never waited more than 15minutes leaving the parks, even on busy nights after fireworks.

Going to finish up unpacking. So sad :sad2: We did book a bounceback for next year though! :banana: September 27th-October 7th 2012 at Coronado Springs with free dining! Very excited to go back to CSR!

I am so glad we weren't at MK on the 1st! We had the same opinion of CBR, great pool, nice theming (we were in the Pirate rooms, which was really fun!), but lackluster food court. DS loved meeting McQueen and Mater too, he really got into meeting all the characters--the only one he wouldn't go near was Sully from Monsters Inc.! The MNSSHP on 10/7 wasn't too bad, lines moved quickly but we didn't stay too late, we were all exhausted by that point.

DH said today "Why?! Why am I so addicted to Disney? I never saw this coming and it just gets worse every time!!" LOL I love it. We are going to start comparing crowds, temps, activities etc and figuring out when we want to go next, because it really is the only way to make the blues go away :surfweb:

My DH converted this time too, he even talked me into doing DVC! (Although he really didn't need to do much talking!) :lmao:

Sounds like you are having a great time! The hungry foodie in me wants to know - what did you try at food and wine? An hour wait at the restaurant is pretty long IMO. That would have drove DH nuts.

I was writing my new vaca lists yesterday. DH snuck up over my shoulder and LOLed when he saw I was reading the new SciFi menu. :rolleyes1 Never too early to start planning right?

Yes, yes I am crazy. I came here to enjoy this special brand of crazy with all you lovely people :earboy2:

Everything we tried we liked. We are pescetarian (think Vegetarian + Seafood) so mostly it was seafood: Fisherman's Pie in Ireland, Shrimp Taco in Mexico, Mahi-mahi in...I forget. Salmon in Canada. DH tried the Strawberry Lime Margarita in Mexico, which was good, but my Rock Coconut Mojito from the Caribbean was awesome! :goodvibes

That is good to know. I think DD would love all that special attention. Now to plan for 15 months without her knowing. I have already started checking when I can make my ADRs. popcorn:: And comparing resorts. I forgot how much fun the beginning stages of planning are :thumbsup2

DD7 enjoyed the attention at first, but got tired of it pretty quick. And funnily enough, none of her several pixie dust moments happened while she was wearing it!princess:

I have the post-Disney blues in a really bad way. I saw one of the new Disney parks commercials this morning, and burst into tears. DH wasn't bitten by the Disney bug; the rest of us were.:sad2: I'm hoping to lure him in with the Keys and Universal, and sneak in a couple of Disney days.

Luckily my Disney blues haven't been too bad! 14 days away was just enough time to where I was starting to want to be home again. And joining DVC means we know we definitely will be coming back!:banana:

we are home. the last of the group to come home. 13 wonderful days at WDW. It was the best trip we have had. I think I found the right amount of days to go. We ended our trip with a meal at Cinderellas Royal Table. Great way to end a trip

I agree! We were gone just about the same amount and it was perfect. And we had CRT 2 days before, then MNSHHP our last night! The weather was perfect, wasn't it? Except for the rain yesterday, we hardly had a drop the whole trip!

Welcome back! Ooh, did you join already or are you going to? Direct or resale?? Which resort???

I want details!! :rotfl:

:rotfl2:
We joined while we were there, although I still have to sign the papers. It was so funny because I had looked into it a little bit before the trip, but really didn't think we'd be able to afford it. We did Boma at AKL one night, Cape May Clambake at BC another night, and transferred from monorail to bus for DTD at the Polynesian another night. Each time DH was like, "Oooh, could we stay here next time?" And I'd say, "Not unless we do DVC!" ;) So he kept asking about cost and specifics, and I mentioned the tours they do. So we scheduled one, and by the end he was sold. Unfortunately, the whole thing took a little longer than I expected and we were going to be late for our ADR at Crystal Palace, so the consultant offered to mail the papers home to sign. :yay:

Our home will be AKL, we really loved it when we went to Boma, and it happened to be one of the cheaper ones. We only did 100 points, figuring we will probably only go every 3 years anyway, and can always add on later if we need to. :banana:

I'm so excited, but still having heart palpitations about spending so much money. :scared1: I know it will be worth it in the long run, but parting with such a large amount of cash is always hard! :eek:

:rotfl2:
We joined while we were there, although I still have to sign the papers. It was so funny because I had looked into it a little bit before the trip, but really didn't think we'd be able to afford it. We did Boma at AKL one night, Cape May Clambake at BC another night, and transferred from monorail to bus for DTD at the Polynesian another night. Each time DH was like, "Oooh, could we stay here next time?" And I'd say, "Not unless we do DVC!" ;) So he kept asking about cost and specifics, and I mentioned the tours they do. So we scheduled one, and by the end he was sold. Unfortunately, the whole thing took a little longer than I expected and we were going to be late for our ADR at Crystal Palace, so the consultant offered to mail the papers home to sign. :yay:

Our home will be AKL, we really loved it when we went to Boma, and it happened to be one of the cheaper ones. We only did 100 points, figuring we will probably only go every 3 years anyway, and can always add on later if we need to. :banana:

I'm so excited, but still having heart palpitations about spending so much money. :scared1: I know it will be worth it in the long run, but parting with such a large amount of cash is always hard! :eek:
Congratulations, that's awesome! I love AKL. And it's nice that Disney lets buyers in at 100, which makes it more affordable than their traditional 160. Parting with cash is always hard, which is why we are looking at resale!

I'm off of work today for Columbus Day, so I'm cleaning toilets while listening to MouseWorld Radio2 on Live365.com. Doesn't get much better than that!! :rotfl:

MSEP is on right now! :love:

So to add on to our whirlwind September, I just took a new position at the end of October! Its hard because I love the work I do (fundraising, special events and pr for a nonprofit that serves people with disabilities.)..I've been with them 5 years...but my new job (grant writing for a local technical college) comes with a $15,000 a year pay raise!! :banana: and full benefits!!! :banana: and more vacation time! :banana:

So what does this mean? It means I'm really nervous for the expectations they will have for me since this is a jump up in the world. But it also means I can have the wedding I want, and honeymoon I want without having to worry where the money is going to come from!
And this means we'll be able to come back to Disney sooner than I thought! ( I thought it would be close to 3 before we would get back!)

I have a class that is done in two weeks, and when thats done I swear I'm going to start a trip report!

So to add on to our whirlwind September, I just took a new position at the end of October! Its hard because I love the work I do (fundraising, special events and pr for a nonprofit that serves people with disabilities.)..I've been with them 5 years...but my new job (grant writing for a local technical college) comes with a $15,000 a year pay raise!! :banana: and full benefits!!! :banana: and more vacation time! :banana:

So what does this mean? It means I'm really nervous for the expectations they will have for me since this is a jump up in the world. But it also means I can have the wedding I want, and honeymoon I want without having to worry where the money is going to come from!
And this means we'll be able to come back to Disney sooner than I thought! ( I thought it would be close to 3 before we would get back!)

I have a class that is done in two weeks, and when thats done I swear I'm going to start a trip report!
Congrats on the new job (and everything that comes with it)!

Hi everyone! We are back from our trip!

We had a wonderful trip, not as amazing as last years but that was more that we were with more people. The crowds werent bad at all except the MNSSHP on 9/27 was mobbed! Last year we had no waits for anything; characters, candy or rides. This year the candy lines had 5-10 minute waits. Crazy! The other day that was packed was 10/1, the 40th anniversary. When they did fireworks at night, you could not move. It was beyond ridiculous and very unsafe. In fact some guy picked up his kids stroller, with the child inside, and was carrying that above peoples heads trying to leave. Couldnt believe it.

DS had a great time. He loved the characters, loved POTC and was so excited when he met Mater and Lightning McQueen. The pool at CBR was perfect for him. He had a great time and every time we went in he didnt want to get out. CBR overall was great, but we probably wont return. The beds were to small for us and the food court really lacked variety. We did have an amazing room location though so I cant complain. The buses at the resort also were great, didnt have a single problem. Whenever the lines at the parks got to long the buses doubled up. Never waited more than 15minutes leaving the parks, even on busy nights after fireworks.

Going to finish up unpacking. So sad :sad2: We did book a bounceback for next year though! :banana: September 27th-October 7th 2012 at Coronado Springs with free dining! Very excited to go back to CSR!

We were there at the same time! I was shocked at how busy the MSSHP was on the 27th...this was our first trip, so I wasn't sure if the Halloween party was always that busy?? For some reason, I assumed it wouldn't be. We still had an amazing time, but would have loved it if it was less busy!! We were also in that crazy crowd on the 1st. We had watched the fireworks from the train station platform and then decided to walk down mainstreet and go on Splash Mountain. We got to Caseys Corner and could not get any further. You are soooo right. It was completely unsafe! A man in a wheelchair ran over my dd's foot, bruising it.He also ran over the foot of the man behind us. And we did not see a SINGLE CM directing traffic anywhere at all. That was my one and only complaint with WDW,and the only time I felt myself comparing Disneyland and Disneyworld. The crowd control was awful. we've been do Disneyland several times, even during peak summer months, 4th of July, ect where the park is at capacity. Even with the crowds, there is ALWAYS a steady stream(slow, but manageable) of controlled traffic along the walkways. Every 5 feet there is a CM with a glowstick directing traffic. Nobody is ever allowed to stop on the sidewalks and watch parades, fireworks, ect. They make sure there is constant movement during the times there are people concentrated in one area. We noticed it every night we watched the fireworks..it was very difficult to navigate through the MK when a parade or fireworks was on, some of the only walkways you could get through are completely unlit and not big enough for 2 strollers to get through. We had to lift our stroller over our heads to get it past a double stroller coming in the other direction.
Not trying to compare the 2 parks, but that one detail was one thing I couldn't help but notice! We love, love, LOVED DW...and have booked to go back next October...we were going to book for early December, but can't pass up the free dining offer. And we have convinced my other 3 sisters and their families, plus my aunt, cousin and her son, to all come along too! Let the countdown begin!!:woohoo:

Congrats!!

And we did not see a SINGLE CM directing traffic anywhere at all. That was my one and only complaint with WDW,and the only time I felt myself comparing Disneyland and Disneyworld. The crowd control was awful. we've been do Disneyland several times, even during peak summer months, 4th of July, ect where the park is at capacity. Even with the crowds, there is ALWAYS a steady stream(slow, but manageable) of controlled traffic along the walkways. Every 5 feet there is a CM with a glowstick directing traffic. Nobody is ever allowed to stop on the sidewalks and watch parades, fireworks, ect. They make sure there is constant movement during the times there are people concentrated in one area. We noticed it every night we watched the fireworks..it was very difficult to navigate through the MK when a parade or fireworks was on, some of the only walkways you could get through are completely unlit and not big enough for 2 strollers to get through. We had to lift our stroller over our heads to get it past a double stroller coming in the other direction.
Not trying to compare the 2 parks, but that one detail was one thing I couldn't help but notice!
I am pretty sure I read someone talk about seeing someone lift a stroller over their head at MNSSHP. Must have been you! That is really interesting about DL. The fireworks almost caused a nervous breakdown for my family during MNSSHP (also on the 27th). I felt stuck and it made me panic-y and claustrophobic. I was trying to get the heck out of the way and managed to get completely stuck on Main Street. I decided I had better just stand there and watch if I couldn't get through. Interesting that DL handles it so much better. You'd think they would share such helpful information from park to park :teacher: Glad you still had a good time though!.

We made it back from our wonderful Surprise Disney vacation. Can't wait to go back. Just wanted to share a picture of our girls wearing the beautiful shirts made by FORTHELOVEOFDCL (Michelle) They looked so cute!! Also a picture of my family taken at the Yacht Club

313611_2424154613383_1537032306_2644189_864726757_n.jpg

299272_2415565078650_1537032306_2634476_1207535024_n.jpg

I got my photopass CD today :D there are 251 photos on it :) they got some amazing shots that I totally missed. :)

I got my photopass CD today :D there are 251 photos on it :) they got some amazing shots that I totally missed. :)

I still have a few more edits to make. right now I have 745 pictures on the Cd. I am glad to see it won't take long to receive!!!!!

I still have a few more edits to make. right now I have 745 pictures on the Cd. I am glad to see it won't take long to receive!!!!!

I haven't even started my edits yet, bah!:scared1:I've been tweaking my PhotoPass book instead; I finished it last night finally.:banana: If it looks half as good in person as it does online, it'll be beautiful. I had a lot of fun with it.

How long exactly do we have to finish the photo book? I know the cd is only 30 days. I havent even started on my book yet.:scared1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter