**September 2019**

We usually go in November so I am not used to doing back to school and WDW prep at the same time.:scared: I am so far behind on my Disney packing! The kids just started back to school last Tuesday so I have been trying to catch up. We also usually drive so now I am trying to figure what we REALLY need to bring and make it fit in our suitcases. 5 days to go!!!

It rains about half the days in September at WDW (which is fewer than summer!). The forecast I see is basically a 40% chance of rain every day for the week I’m going later this month, which means they have absolutely no idea. Summer/September storms at WDW are usually storms that roll through in the afternoon and don’t last long. They won’t interfere with your day much, just pick something inside or get lunch or go to a gift shop, and wait it out (15-30 minutes usually). Bringing ponchos is smart because they are expensive in the parks.

Thanks! We lucked out big time last year in September. I don't recall any remarkable rain but we will come prepared :)

We leave on the 24th. This month IS flying by. I’m watching the weather channel say that we’ve officially entered peak hurricane season. 🙃 anyone else super nervous about the potential for another storm?

Soooooooooooo nervous!!!!!! What are the odds? I'm tyring not to obsess about it.

Also trying to be positive and not obsess over here!
Me too! We leave in 19 days. I planned our trip knowing it's hurricane season but rolled the dice. Statistically millions of people visit WDW every September and they haven't had many closures, so I'm choosing to think positive as well! My biggest fear is MCO closing like it did last week. I will start checking hurricane forecasts closer to the day we leave.

I leave tomorrow! I'm trying to make sure I have everything packed and charged. I fly in just before MNSSHP, so I have 2 fuel rods ready for my flight for listening to books and once I am off of the Magical Express I will hop on a bus to MK for the party! Then extra, extra magic hours at DHS the next day for Star Wars!

If you are at WDW today or tomorrow and going to Epcot, check out Lauren Daigle at the eat to the beat concert. She's awesome!

Me too! We leave in 19 days. I planned our trip knowing it's hurricane season but rolled the dice. Statistically millions of people visit WDW every September and they haven't had many closures, so I'm choosing to think positive as well! My biggest fear is MCO closing like it did last week. I will start checking hurricane forecasts closer to the day we leave.

I don't know how "systems" work when they are just beginning to form but they are watching one right now. What does it all mean? Lol

I don't know how "systems" work when they are just beginning to form but they are watching one right now. What does it all mean? Lol
My thoughts exactly, family friend always posts FL weather and posted some map with x's in various places and % within next 5 days (my arrival) and I was like what does it all mean?!?!

My thoughts exactly, family friend always posts FL weather and posted some map with x's in various places and % within next 5 days (my arrival) and I was like what does it all mean?!?!

I know! It will say 20% chance in 5 days but does that mean higher chancer in 10 days, etc? The inconvenient reality is that we won't know much until days before so I'm trying to distract myself. We drive down so we won't have to worry about flights but we did detour around Florence last year. It went perfectly fine but it's always a dice roll. We knew that but it's still suspenseful. Best wishes to everyone.

Hi everyone, just thought I'd say that I got back from my trip last night (arrived September 2, so right in the face of Dorian) and it was the best trip EVER. Parks closed early one day, but there was seriously no one in the parks the whole time I was there. Everything was a walk-on: we're talking ~8 rides a day on SDMT, SDD, TMM, etc. Be prepared for inclement weather, but stay positive and don't assume a storm is going to ruin your trip!

Man, I am nailing down my budget and I know I asked this before but how much money are you allotting for the trip? Me, I'm solo but I want to buy my niece and grandma little treats every once in a while. We are also on dining plan the entire 2 weeks, but the TS doesn't start until the end of the trip which I know will be the tipping portion.

Hi everyone, just thought I'd say that I got back from my trip last night (arrived September 2, so right in the face of Dorian) and it was the best trip EVER. Parks closed early one day, but there was seriously no one in the parks the whole time I was there. Everything was a walk-on: we're talking ~8 rides a day on SDMT, SDD, TMM, etc. Be prepared for inclement weather, but stay positive and don't assume a storm is going to ruin your trip!
We arrived Sept 1. Had the same experience as you. I have never seen the entire FoP line (always get FP's) but this trip we did it four times in a row - 15min, 10min and 20min. Even got dining day of; BoG, Yak&Yeti. Crazy!

If you are at WDW today or tomorrow and going to Epcot, check out Lauren Daigle at the eat to the beat concert. She's awesome!
Here now, no idea who she is but Epcot day is tomorrow so will check ger out.
Thanks for the tip!
It is hot here but crowds not too bad. ☺

13 sleeps left. Let the packing begin!
We are almost on the same schedule! We have less than 2 weeks and started packing this weekend. Clothes are in piles, items in ziplock bags, costumes are done, now just need to decide how many pairs of shoes I can fit!

Man, I am nailing down my budget and I know I asked this before but how much money are you allotting for the trip? Me, I'm solo but I want to buy my niece and grandma little treats every once in a while. We are also on dining plan the entire 2 weeks, but the TS doesn't start until the end of the trip which I know will be the tipping portion.
I try to plan out what I know I will want for souvenirs, like pins and popcorn buckets and then usually add at least a third more. I tend to buy too many souvenirs!
As for the TS meals, I looked at the menus to get a general cost and then calculated the tip cost based on the estimate. It isn't exact but if you calculate in a cushion it usually works. Or if you have more restraint than I do!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter