September 3, 2018 Disney Dream, 4-Night Halloween on the High Seas Bahamian Cruise

Vicky9207

Earning My Ears
Hey!!

Me, OH and DS age 9 (10 before cruise), has just booked on for
4-Night Halloween on the High Seas Bahamian Cruise 3rd September.

We are so excited and this is our first cruise and first Disney Cruise. Very very interested in meeting other people that are cruising on the same dates. Also would love to do the Fish extender gift swapping.

Please join to this group if you are sailing, hoping someone who knows more about the Disney cruising can help me with this group or actually take over :rotfl2: Thank you.

Hi! We just booked!! First timers for DCL but repeat WDW guests!! It will be me, my mom, DD at cruise age 12 ,DS 13. DH won't sail. o_O I am new but VERY much interested in FE. I held space above on page 1 for a roll call. I cannot promise I have the time to maintain or do the FE. Just wanted to block. Maybe someone more experienced??

Hi!
My fiancé and I just booked our honeymoon for the sept 3 Halloween cruise and we are so excited. We are first time cruiser but repeat Disney world visitors. At the time of our cruise I will be 22 and my fiancé Jason will be 19. We are very new to this but we want to participate in the fish extender. Any helpful advice or tips will be accepted and appreciated!

Hey everyone. So far we are all first timers. I’ve no idea how all this works

Hey guys!!

First timers here, also. My husband and I will be going on this cruise to celebrate our 10 year anniversary. I'm a little nervous about leaving the little ones at home, but also excited! We go to Disney World as a family every other year, and this is our off year!

I would like to get to know some of our fellow cruisers and maybe glean some cruise wisdom. I'm kind of lost when it comes to planning this cruise.

Is anyone else considering the Palo brunch?

Just booked my daughter and I for our 2nd DC. Last time we did not participate in the fish extender game, but very interested in doing that this time. The downside is I have no idea how it works. :(

Just booked my daughter and I for our 2nd DC. Last time we did not participate in the fish extender game, but very interested in doing that this time. The downside is I have no idea how it works. :(
What age is your daughter? If you don’t mind me asking? Just would love to meet some buddies on here so my son would have some friends on board.

Aw lovely so will my son, he’s 10 next month. This is our first cruise so very excited.

Hi everyone,We're also cruise 1st timers & sooo excited! It's just my hubby n I but we would luv to join in on the FE,maybe an adult only one? No clue how this wrks,sumone clue me in plz lol TIA :-)

Hi, this will be my third Disney cruise but my mom's first (mother/daughter vacation). I have done the fish extender once before so I would definitely be willing to help out, so just let me know any questions that I might be able to answer or anything I can help set up.

redkarsh13- How do we get started n can u fill mein on the basics..like do we putsumthin new out every nite?How many do we put out? n how do we kno whose we can go to n get out of? Lol sooo lost

I've only done one fish extender (with 3 groups, w/kids, w/o kids and ornament) before but it's pretty straight forward. I can definitely help set up and if someone more experienced comes along they can help out or take over. Basically, you create something with one pocket for each family member (similar to what you made in home economics) or you can purchase one pre-made on certain sites and you connect it to the little fish hook (or similar animal) outside your door on the first day of your cruise. Some people just hung up dollar store recyclable bags, but my dad's girlfriend is very craft so she made ours. Before the cruise, there are 2 to 3 sets of groups depending on preference with usually 10 staterooms per group (so basically for every group you join, and you can join multiple or just one, you make 9 gifts and you receive 9 gifts). Some people choose to do 1 gift per cruise or 1 gift per day, and some people choose to do one gift per stateroom or one gift per person and that's usually up to each individual person on what their budget is or how they would like to do it, and to be inclusive there's usually no price min or max set so nobody feels pressured one way or the other. As a group, we have to decide if we want to do 2 or 3 sets of groups. The first option is 2 sets with one of regular gifts and one for ornaments. The second option is 3 sets, 1 ornament group and then the main groups split into staterooms with kids and staterooms without kids. In that situation, you could still join 3 groups (or more) like I did, just in the group w/o kids the kids would not receive any presents and the group w/ kids everyone receives presents. The ornament is usually just 1 per stateroom per cruise because of size. I know this is a lot of information and it definitely was for me last time so ask as many questions as you want and I'll do my best to answer them. This will be my third Disney cruise and my second fish extender. Also, if you google Disney fish extender or fish extender gifts a lot of different articles will come up with more details as well if you are looking for some examples. Last time, I received everything from candy and bracelets made by children, to expensive engraved items, mini alcohol bottles (technically not allowed on the ship, not sure how they got them on), picture frames, a bag of souvenir and food items from Australia, nightlights, flashlights, personalized gifts, Disney figurines, Cd's and a lot more. And the ornaments about half were personally made and half were bought. The only other thing is there is usually a "Pixie Dust" or similarly named group for after the deadline, like if we set the deadline at 90/60/30 days before sail date anyone that joins after that would be posted into one group however big or small it gets, and people within that group would exchange presents and people outside of that group could give extra of anything to them or anyone else they choose to, just so people who join last minute aren't excluded but the people already in groups that have prepared their groups don't have last minute additions. Please let me know if anything doesn't make sense or if you have any questions or suggestions.

Hi Everyone!
Just booked our cruise! This will be our 2nd on DCL. On the last one my husband and I went, We celebrated our 23rd wedding anniversary. That was 5 yrs ago. Very excited to have this opportunity to go again!! This time around it will be my husband and our son who will be 12 at the time of the cruise. This will also be our 1st time participating in the Fish Extender program. What a neat idea! Thank you so much Redkarh13 for taking over and leading the way! Looking forward to the little extra magic!

Welcome to the group IreneR! I think the next best step would be for everyone to post or send me a message with your information for anyone that wants to be in the fish extender. I'll put mine below for example. You can put as little or as much information that you feel comfortable with, I know there were people that put a ton of information and people that put the bare minimum for my last fish extender. The only information that is definitely needed is 1. how many people in your stateroom, 2. what stateroom you are in by sailing date, and 3. what groups you want to be in.

1. Last name and Stateroom (GTY can be put down and changed later) = Chadwick/Dienes, Stateroom #2010
2. What Groups you would like to be in, options are A. Main Fish Extender Group, B. Adult-only Fish Extender Group (You can have kids in your stateroom, but the adults will be the only ones receiving gifts in this category if you join), C. Ornament Group, and D. Magnet Group (These are the categories I have seen on other fish extenders, if anyone has a different suggestion please let me know and we can change it to whatever everyone feels is best, we can do groups of 5 or 10 also depending on what everyone wants.) = A/B/C/D
3. First Names and Adult or Age of Child (If you don't want to put First Name or Age, just put First Initial and approximate age, like in pre-teen group et cetera for most appropriate gifts) = Ashley Chadwick (Adult), Angela Dienes (Adult)
4. Any Celebrations and if this is anyone's first cruise = Mom's Birthday, Angela
5. Favorite Character(s) of each person = Ashley (Jack Sparrow, Simba, Mulan), Angela (Piglet, Pooh Bear, Olaf)
6. Allergies, if you would prefer no candy/drinks at all, anything else that your group should know = No allergies and no special requests
7. Any Suggestions for any changes to the group/fish extender, I've only done one fish extender before and I've done some research but we can change anything to make it fit our group better. Usually the groups are named after Disney characters as well, I can pick random ones for the groups unless anyone has any suggestions. Finally, on my last fish extender they ordered glow-in-the-dark bracelets for everyone that said Disney Dream Halloween on the High Seas and the cruise date, if this is something anyone is interested in I can do some research into it. I know we were charged 1.00 for each bracelet including shipping so I don't think they cost that much to order.

I'm not in an expert in fish extenders, but I do know a lot about Disney in general, this will be my third Disney cruise but I have been to Disney World over 40 times so let me know if I can help answer any questions regarding anything. We are doing the park-n-cruise before the cruise and doing the Mickey's not so scary Halloween Party afterwards, and I'll be going on my 4th cruise out of New York in November with my dad. The only suggestion I definitely would like to make is to look into Sam's club and other discount stores gift cards. We always pay for our trips with them because Sam's club gives a percentage off on Disney gift cards that can be applied towards your balance. Just make sure you won't be cancelling and hold onto the cards until your cruise date, because if you cancel your trip it does get returned to the original gift card. They offer increments of 150 for 142.98 for a savings of 4.68% and 500 for 484.98 for a savings of 3%, so for going through a little bit of extra work you can have your vacation for 4.68% off (a savings of almost a 100 dollars on a 2k cruise) plus any other offers you might already have, such as the placeholder or travel agency specials. We even use gift cards to apply to the account for prepaid gratuities and on-board purchases.

Hi everyone! If anyone is interested.. there is a Facebook group that is named Disney Dream September 3, 2018. Its for the people that are going on that cruise. There are also some fish extender groups there. With guidelines and all we need to know about it. Since we are mostly newbies to FE. I thought that was a great idea :) I joined a FE group and there is plenty of space left :) Happy Cruising !!

Each cruise has a Facebook group but I didn't mention it because I think it is in the DISBoard guidelines that you aren't allowed to. Unfortunately, I ended up switching to Disney World and have canceled my cruise since it was cheaper for 8 days hotel, ticket, and full dining than the 4 day cruise, so we are only keeping our 7 day cruise in November. I can still help answer any questions anyone has, just let me know.

Hi - This will be my first Disney cruise as well. I haven't gone on a cruise in over 15 years - and before I had kids so it's new territory. I had a short stint working on a small cruise line so not exactly a newbie to cruising in general - just cruising Disney and cruising with kids!

I know about the facebook group but I'm hesitant to join because my facebook account uses my full name. I don't like to advertise when I'll not be at home. I live in a community where everyone watches out for each other and there are lots of cameras and it is very safe, but I still don't want to make it obvious to whomever wants to see the info.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter