September 4th, 2023 - 4-Night Bahamian Cruise from Port Canaveral (Nassau, Castaway Cay) ~DVC Member's Cruise~

Hello everyone. David and Donna here. I just found this thread. We have been DVC members since 1999. We have sailed on 15 DCL cruises but this is our first member cruise. Really excited for this cruise and to experience how DVC makes the cruise special.

In the past, I have organized a “Local or regional Candy or Treat” exchange. For instance, PA Folks could give something from Hershey, GA people gave peach hard candies, and I forget what area gave something called cheese straws. A small note identifying the treat is often included.

If you care to join, the treats would be one delivery to each cabin, with enough to share. Treats would be factory wrapped, not homemade.

Is anyone interested? I haven’t done this post Covid, but in the past, I did keep the groups under 10, and I would do the same now.
I posted this back on the first page, and I am asking again. I will be reading all posts now to see if anyone is interested and I will list here. If you are no longer interested, or want to join, just mention!

JDirrim
bobbiwoz

I needed to change from BLT to SSR for our pre cruise stay, but I still would be interested in a TOTW meet. If it turns out it’s best to book whatever type of event they have that night, I am ok with that.

Wine Bar George was mentioned as an option. Anything else?? Who is interest in a meet the night before, and any suggestions??

Last edited:
Checking in! My wife and I are booked on this (our first) DVC member cruise and have booked the B2B 3-day cruise afterwards. Our 25th Anniversary is in August so we are celebrating on this cruise. This will be our third and fourth Disney cruise overall.

We are booked pre and post cruise at the Boardwalk Villas

Checking in! My wife and I are booked on this (our first) DVC member cruise and have booked the B2B 3-day cruise afterwards. Our 25th Anniversary is in August so we are celebrating on this cruise. This will be our third and fourth Disney cruise overall.

:welcome:Sounds like a great way to celebrate! Congratulations :love:

We are doing the B2B with the 3 day cruise on the back end as well!!

After 28 years in DVC (back when OKW was the only DVC), finally doing our first member cruise in September. This will be our 15th DCL but have sailed many other cruises on many other lines. Will be at OKW for two nights pre-cruise & three post-cruise, then three nights at our favorite Universal hotel, Royal Pacific.

Some Qs for you all with member cruise experience:

--Are there special DVC related activities / entertainment all day on the two port--CC & Nassau--days? Or only on the sea day?
--Will the usual Wish nighttime shows stay the same or be special for DVC?
--I assume the special gifts are one-per-cabin...any that would be per person (e.g., hats)?

Any other info appreciated. Thanks.

After 28 years in DVC (back when OKW was the only DVC), finally doing our first member cruise in September. This will be our 15th DCL but have sailed many other cruises on many other lines. Will be at OKW for two nights pre-cruise & three post-cruise, then three nights at our favorite Universal hotel, Royal Pacific.

Some Qs for you all with member cruise experience:

--Are there special DVC related activities / entertainment all day on the two port--CC & Nassau--days? Or only on the sea day?
--Will the usual Wish nighttime shows stay the same or be special for DVC?
--I assume the special gifts are one-per-cabin...any that would be per person (e.g., hats)?

Any other info appreciated. Thanks.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/qs-dvc-2023-member-cruise.3915494/

I’ve thought about the DVC related activities during the day when we have been docked. I distinctly remember presentations on board when we have been docked at CC. I don‘t remember if they have them during any other port days.

DVC?
I can’t speak to cabins with more than two people, but with two in the cabin, most of the MC gifts were one per person - two pins, two mugs, two figurines, two prints, etc. Thinking back to some other past MCs, every once in a while we might get one per cabin, but that is not often and was usually something like a special signed item from one of fhe on-board Disney guests.

Will the usual Wish nighttime shows stay the same or be special for DVC?
Re the shows, they often have a special last-night show with stars from past Disney Broadway shows, With this being a four-night cruise, they could still do that and show the three regular Wish shows. We often have a special advance movie screening also, so if that were to happen here, then one of the regular Wish shows might have to be skipped.

I can’t speak to cabins with more than two people, but with two in the cabin, most of the MC gifts were one per person - two pins, two mugs, two figurines, two prints, etc. Thinking back to some other past MCs, every once in a while we might get one per cabin, but that is not often and was usually something like a special signed item from one of fhe on-board Disney guests.
Yes, I remember for the Nova Scotia cruise, only one 25th anniversary of Beauty and Beast video.

I'm sure many of you have already seen this by now.

Disney Cruise Line is bringing MagicBand+ to their ships as DisneyBand+.

Hands-Free Meets the Sea with DisneyBand+

Launch is listed as Summer 2023. Since our cruise sails late Summer, they might be available by then. They will roll out on the Disney Wish first and testing on the ship is already underway.

NOTE: DisneyBand+ will be optional and KTTW cards will still be issued. Your KTTW card and photo ID (for Guests 18 and older), will still be required to debark and embark at Ports of Call. Port security wants to see your name, ship, and cruise dates printed on a card in order to enter the secured area of the cruise terminal to re-board the ship.

DisneyBand+ and MagicBand+ will be interchangeable. If you already have a MagicBand+, you would be able to use them on DCL (once officially launched). If you get a DisneyBand+ through your cruise reservation (there will be at least 3 DCL exclusive designs), you will be able to use it at WDW and Disneyland.

The difference in names (DisneyBand+ vs. MagicBand+) is apparently due to trademark issues. Disney is not able to secure the MagicBand trademark in Europe since a different entity already own it. Since DCL sails out of Europe and Disney is considering using the technology at Disneyland Paris, they had to select a name that they could get a European trademark on.

Last edited:
The difference in names (DisneyBand+ vs. MagicBand+) is apparently due to trademark issues. Disney is not able to secure the DisneyBand trademark in Europe since a different entity already own it. Since DCL sails out of Europe and Disney is considering using the technology at Disneyland Paris, they had to select a name that they could get a European trademark on.
I assume you meant that they couldn't secure the MagicBand trademark in Europe.

Wouldn't one of these bands be an awesome stateroom gift??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter