September 4th, 2023 - 4-Night Bahamian Cruise from Port Canaveral (Nassau, Castaway Cay) ~DVC Member's Cruise~

Any other Platinum Members? Will be booking Palo later this week.
Yes, but not booking Palo on this cruise. I don’t want to possibly conflict with any of the presentations. Got caught on that on the Alaska MC on what I thought was a “safe” day/time,

Hope you enjoy it on the Wish! I’ve read their Palo is a bit different for dinner with the Steakhouse aspect.

Yes, but not booking Palo on this cruise. I don’t want to possibly conflict with any of the presentations. Got caught on that on the Alaska MC on what I thought was a “safe” day/time,

Hope you enjoy it on the Wish! I’ve read their Palo is a bit different for dinner with the Steakhouse aspect.
Are the presentations all day? just wondering. I was hoping to get a Palo brunch for the day at Nassau

Are the presentations all day? just wondering. I was hoping to get a Palo brunch for the day at Nassau
On at sea days, there are typically presentations all day. I’ve not yet done a MC out of FL so can’t say for this one. @bobbiwoz replied earlier that she recalled there being some presentations on the Castaway Cay day but not Nassau day. What happened in AK was we had a day of sailing through the glacier, so I thought it would be like a port day with nothing special planned, same as the first AK MC, and then an unexpected session popped up which we had to miss.

So, after midnight I booked Palo dinner for us. We are Pearl CC. The Pirate Makeover is on CC day, so, that must be Pirate night, so thats when I booked Palo. DH isn’t fond of the Pirate Menu.

We are Platinum and had no problem booking PALO dinner for first night at our preferred time of 6:00 pm and actually was able to book a second dinner on the second night but decided to not keep that one. Also booked a PALO brunch for the sea day.

We are Platinum and had no problem booking PALO dinner for first night at our preferred time of 6:00 pm and actually was able to book a second dinner on the second night but decided to not keep that one. Also booked a PALO brunch for the sea day.
Got a message saying you could only book one Palo due to high demand...

Got a message saying you could only book one Palo due to high demand...
Hi vakamalua, Were you trying to book two dinners or a dinner and a brunch? I had gotten on the website exactly when planning opened up at midnight so I am sure that had something to do with being able to book the second dinner. For anyone not aware DCL allows you to book a second PALO dinner when booking PALO on the first night. I am sure it is subject to availability. I did see while checking for the second night dinner that times were going fast. Within a few minutes the earliest time was 8:00 pm.

The only reason I was thinking about PALO for a second night was because we were disappointed with the MDR's on our first Wish cruise this past September and would be ok with skipping the MDR's but ultimately decided we didn't want to pay the $90 or whatever the cost would be for the second night.

Thanks for your reply. Logged in at 12:01 am 5/7. Both Palo brunches offered were already sold out. We booked dinner on the last night--this our first (& probably last) Wish cruise so we wanted to at least experience the three MDRs. We're happy with our reservation since we like Palo dinner better than brunch & on such a short cruise, we don't want to "eat" up too much of the days.

Thanks for your reply. Logged in at 12:01 am 5/7. Both Palo brunches offered were already sold out. We booked dinner on the last night--this our first (& probably last) Wish cruise so we wanted to at least experience the three MDRs. We're happy with our reservation since we like Palo dinner better than brunch & on such a short cruise, we don't want to "eat" up too much of the days.
I feel the same way about Palo Dinner vs Brunch.

I am glad you were able to book the dinner!

Just wanted to let you all know that the Fish Extenders for this is taking last minute signups for probably the next few weeks. The original signups have all closed. Just search on FB for it.

If anyone in this group is able to reserve a cabana on Serenity Bay and is looking to share, we are two adults that would be interested.

Nope. Just checking to see if anyone on this cruise and reading this thread that was able to book an adult cabana is willing to share.
I’m sorry. I thought I was on the EBTA thread. That’s the cruise I am on now!🙃

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter