September Crowds?

Jess.stw

Mouseketeer
YIKES not two days after I paid off our package I get a TP Crowd calendar update changing all my 1-2's for the week after labor day to a bunch of 4's and 5's and even a 6!

Is this September really going to be that much more crowded than a "normal" September? Should I be worried?

I’m here for the same reason! 😂 We paid for everything that was non-refundable just last night . . . and then I got that crowd calendar update tonight! My husband thinks it’ll be fine, but I’m going through all of the crowd calendars again 😆 I don’t have any advice, but you’re not alone! I hope we’ll both have great trips!

Who knows. We’re there that week too. There are still a good amount of discounted rooms available. I also subscribe to TP. I use them more for the ride wait times than the crowd calendar. Normal at WDW is crowded every week of the year. That week will probably still be as good as it ever gets anymore.

I think it's going to be a very busy September. I've never seen the TP Crowd calendar update jump that much for September dates.

I think it's going to be a very busy September. I've never seen the TP Crowd calendar update jump that much for September dates.
What do you think they based it on?

I was thinking with the international crew back from Europe things would get better not worse

September still tends to be quieter than October, November and December (at least in the past).
Just got an update from Touring plans for our October trip. Most days jumped from about a 2-3 to 6-7. Sad to see the change in expected crowd levels, but from our experience in the past, that is much more realistic.

According to my crowd calendar, that's always 100% correct, if you tour smartly the crowds will be fine.

September is not a wall-to-wall experience but there are still always people visiting Disney.

I think these numbers games just create unneeded stress.

Our dates went up too, but I was expecting it would. We are there the 10th to the 18th of September. last year we were there the 8-14th. Last year was also predicted as a 1-2 and ended up being about a 5. Not terrible , but definitely not a 1 or 2. I'm not shocked.

Still kind of sucks.

Disney is busy this year. It’s challenging for crowd calendars to accurately predict actual crowds. Many people are travelling who have stayed close to home for a couple of years.

People have been sharing all year long that they’ve been able to have a great trip in spite of the larger than normal crowds - us included. I would go in with a plan and the anticipation of larger crowds than you may normally see during your September trip and have a great time!

My crowd calendar went up for April 2023 already- not sure how reliable that is. I don't think people have even booked yet?

I think every year it goes up and down. We go the same time every year and looking back to my emails last year they upped the crowds the beginning of August and then they went back down near the end of the month.

My crowd calendar went up for April 2023 already- not sure how reliable that is. I don't think people have even booked yet?
Lots of people book early, especially for the time around Easter. DVC members often book their home resorts at 11 months out, when their booking window opens. Chatter on the Resorts board can give hints about people’s plans. And the lack of discount offers for Disney resorts can also be a hint!

Crowd calendars are only predictions and can greatly vary in their accuracy -- sometimes they are correct and sometimes they are very very wrong. I wouldn't read too much into it, whether it be now or even pre-pandemic.

Just look at the 4th of July. Everyone was expecting large crowds that day, and the actual holiday was relatively quiet compared to years past. And it wasn't until after the 4th that things picked up. Who could have predicted that?

Our visit in September 2018 was VERY quiet, and they were predicting 5-6 crowd levels. Now this was pre-pandemic, but historically September is not a great time for most people to visit. Kids have just started school, people are saving up for their holiday travel, etc. Regardless of what you encounter, have a great time no matter what!

YIKES not two days after I paid off our package I get a TP Crowd calendar update changing all my 1-2's for the week after labor day to a bunch of 4's and 5's and even a 6!

Is this September really going to be that much more crowded than a "normal" September? Should I be worried?
Happened to us, too. Why is EPCOT so crowded now?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter