September/October 2013 check in

I can't wait to start booking! I've pretty much sorted the dates and where we are going to stay. Just have to wait for the time to roll around where we are ABLE to book. Still can't see airfares for next October yet :( Don't they know im trying to plan a holiday?!? I'm still trying to decide on what ADR's to book. I know that I want to do a few character meals, but we're also planning on being in the parks at opening, and don't want to waste precious low crowd time on breakfast. I think we might book the latest sitting as possible and have more of an 'early lunch' than a breakfast :)

I am slightly jealous of all of you who are already planning for next year, we are hoping to do a very short trip over for the nationals but it will be a see what the tax return brings year not really sure how i feel about that but we have to pay for a huge chunk of our 2015 Gallopolli cruise next year actually we have to have 3/4s of it paid for by Sept so i guess i should be happy with that and NZ in June. Happy planning to you all :)

Actually we have changed our trip yet again lol
22 September fly to LA have one night
23 September fly to New York for 5 nights
28 September fly to Orlando POR for 10 nights
8 October fly to Sydney overnight here
then Home

I have booked POR for 23 Sept but won't change the date for now just incase we make more changes :rotfl2:

Add me!!

So far we have booked:

15 Sep Freedom of the Seas cruise

22 Sep POR 11 nights

Need to add a week in Anaheim/San Diego but dates will depend on flights. Unsure if it will be before the cruise or after WDW.

I am slightly jealous of all of you who are already planning for next year, we are hoping to do a very short trip over for the nationals but it will be a see what the tax return brings year not really sure how i feel about that but we have to pay for a huge chunk of our 2015 Gallopolli cruise next year actually we have to have 3/4s of it paid for by Sept so i guess i should be happy with that and NZ in June. Happy planning to you all :)

your Gallipoli cruise sounds awesome, what a great experience for your family :) can't wait to hear all about it :)

Actually we have changed our trip yet again lol
22 September fly to LA have one night
23 September fly to New York for 5 nights
28 September fly to Orlando POR for 10 nights
8 October fly to Sydney overnight here
then Home

I have booked POR for 23 Sept but won't change the date for now just incase we make more changes :rotfl2:

updated :)

Add me!!

So far we have booked:

15 Sep Freedom of the Seas cruise

22 Sep POR 11 nights

Need to add a week in Anaheim/San Diego but dates will depend on flights. Unsure if it will be before the cruise or after WDW.

added :) if you make changes and want it updated on the main list, just let me know :)

happy planning everyone!!!

Yay, out list of travellers is growing and we are still a year out. Hopefully we can keep this thread active and share our excitement/anticipation/worries etc :)

Yay, out list of travellers is growing and we are still a year out. Hopefully we can keep this thread active and share our excitement/anticipation/worries etc :)

exactly!! i am also hoping that someone will want to travel on similar dates to us and i can organise a mini dis meet somewhere. would be so lovely to put a face to the names :)

is it bad that i am also simultaneously trying to plan a may 2014 trip to include dlr, nyc, wdw for sww and a western caribbean dcl cruise??

trying to make the 2014 trip an indulgent, romantic trip for 2. so far the sww and the cruise are throwing me out.. we fly in on sun, do nyc for mon, tues, wed, then do mk for thu, then sww is fri, sat, sun and then we either have a full week at wdw and the cruise departs the following sun, or else we skip the last day of sww to go on the cruise... decisions, decisions. just not sure we can afford 10 days accom at wdw in a moderate on top of the rest of the trip :(

I've been keeping tabs of the dates and overlaps into early October....

so far....

Lampardcl - September 17th 2013, check in at PORFQ for 14 nights
PrincessInOz - oct 2 - 8 wdw ... So far :)
TapDancer - 28 September POR, 8 October fly to Sydney then Home
Jade+3 - 22 Sep POR 11 nights

DisMeet anyone?

Im making up a clearfile full of all of the extra cost things that you can do at Disneyland for my friend. I really want to make her first trip AMAZING! I'm going to include the character meals, W.O.C meals, tours and resturants that you need ADR's for.

At this stage we are planning on staying at the PPH so that we have the use of EMH. Because carsland has just opened and is still really busy, i'm finding it a little hard to judge weather or not EMH is worth paying the extra and staying on site for. At the moment for me it looks amazing! But I also have the feeling that we could save a whole lot of money if we didn't stay on site :/ Decisions decisions :/

KiwiMouseGirl said:
Im making up a clearfile full of all of the extra cost things that you can do at Disneyland for my friend. I really want to make her first trip AMAZING! I'm going to include the character meals, W.O.C meals, tours and resturants that you need ADR's for.

At this stage we are planning on staying at the PPH so that we have the use of EMH. Because carsland has just opened and is still really busy, i'm finding it a little hard to judge weather or not EMH is worth paying the extra and staying on site for. At the moment for me it looks amazing! But I also have the feeling that we could save a whole lot of money if we didn't stay on site :/ Decisions decisions :/

Consider a split stay then :) we're doing 2 nights at PPH when we arrive in LA, then off to Hollywood for 4 nights and back to Anaheim for 8 nights at Hojo's. I really wanted to experience one of the Disney hotels & get an EMH on top of MM from our hoppers but we couldn't have done our whole stay there & it worked out perfectly for us with a split stay to cover Halloween first and the start of Christmas at the end :goodvibes good luck!

We will be there!! As we are getting married there!
3 October is the wedding date so probably head over a week before & hang around a week after.
So excited :)

I will be there at wdw and 2 Disney cruises :) 31st August until 10 October :) can't wait

i have added you. depending on your dates, we may be at wdw at the same time :)

We will be there!! As we are getting married there!
3 October is the wedding date so probably head over a week before & hang around a week after.
So excited :)

so happy for you, and congratulations :) can't wait to hear all about it :) are you doing a disney wedding, or just getting married in the area?

imagesCAU3OB9G.jpg

WOOHOO! OFFICAL COUNTDOWN IS AT 55 WEEKS!!

*facepalm* now my wonderfully preplanned trip is out the window and i have to create a new one. Oh and my 7 night cruise on the fantasy.. Also out the window. :(

Seriously?!? :crazy2: That sucks!!

I'm helping my mum and aunty plan a trip to WDW, Hawaii and Vegas for Sept/Oct next year. If I can wrangle it, I'll go with them, but I sorta don't see it on the cards... Anyhoo - I'm going to plan it like I'm going anyway! :rotfl:

We're going to try and get to WDW to see both the F&W festival at Epcot and the halloween decorations/MNSSHP but that will depend on what dates it all happens.

We stayed at POR last trip to WDW and loved it, but I think we're going to try somewhere different this time, possibly even considering off site. Plenty of time for planning though! :cool1:

BecBennett said:
Seriously?!? :crazy2: That sucks!!

I'm helping my mum and aunty plan a trip to WDW, Hawaii and Vegas for Sept/Oct next year. If I can wrangle it, I'll go with them, but I sorta don't see it on the cards... Anyhoo - I'm going to plan it like I'm going anyway! :rotfl:

We're going to try and get to WDW to see both the F&W festival at Epcot and the halloween decorations/MNSSHP but that will depend on what dates it all happens.

We stayed at POR last trip to WDW and loved it, but I think we're going to try somewhere different this time, possibly even considering off site. Plenty of time for planning though! :cool1:

Awesome. If you have tentative dates i will add you into the roll call on the front page :)

I have now created a new trip plan... Sept 4-10 dlr, 10 - 15 wdw, 15 - 19 on a dcl bahamas cruise then 19 - 23 at universal orlando then 23-25 flying home. That is 21 days from start to finish and carlo's bro can just travel home on 25th and go to work the next morning if he has to. We took a vote and decided that we will adjust to a certain degree but will not totally compromise our trip just for 1 person.. Much as we love him and want him on the trip we are not chopping all the good stuff out just because he cant get as much time off... If necessary we can fly home on the sunday so he gets an extra day before going back to work but that is it :)

Sorry for the ramble :(

so happy for you, and congratulations :) can't wait to hear all about it :) are you doing a disney wedding, or just getting married in the area?

Thankyou! I feel very lucky! Dave, my partner proposed last Christmas while we were at DisneyWorld! So we thought well why not get married there! So yep getting married there on October 3. At the Swan & Dolphin Hotel!

Looking forward to chatting to you guys and counting down until September/October together !!

Hey everyone!!

My sister and me are planning our second trip to the world, we went this year in January 2012 for three weeks and are now planning to head back in October/November 2013 and hopefully do both the Halloween and Christmas parties in the same trip. :cool1: Fingers crossed we might be able to also do a cruise on the Disney Dream, as this will be our last trip for awhile due to studying, family and other trip commitments.

Shannon pirate:

Thankyou! I feel very lucky! Dave, my partner proposed last Christmas while we were at DisneyWorld! So we thought well why not get married there! So yep getting married there on October 3. At the Swan & Dolphin Hotel!

Looking forward to chatting to you guys and counting down until September/October together !!

i just read your TR about your engagement :) congratulations. i am sure your disney world wedding will be fabulous :)

Hey everyone!!

My sister and me are planning our second trip to the world, we went this year in January 2012 for three weeks and are now planning to head back in October/November 2013 and hopefully do both the Halloween and Christmas parties in the same trip. :cool1: Fingers crossed we might be able to also do a cruise on the Disney Dream, as this will be our last trip for awhile due to studying, family and other trip commitments.

Shannon pirate:

hi shannon :wave2: i have added you to the list. when it gets closer to the time and you have your dates arranged, i will update the list for you :)

in other news for me, i reviewed our plans and decided they were a little too much compromise and not enough excitement for me.

i love the complexities of planning a great trip for my family (ie me & carlo) and my sister and having his brother and all of us being adults with our own ideas, opinions and agenda. my problem at this time is that everyone loves to say 'no, that doesn't work for me' when i put forward ideas, but they don't have any thoughts or ideas or suggestions to help make the process easier.

i have had to compromise on budget (his brother), time frame (his brother), adding in wdw (my sister), removing our 7 night caribbean cruise (his brother & my sister) and i feel we are left with something that i'm just not that excited about.

so i have come to the conclusion today (and have yet to discuss this with the others) that we can do dlr, and wdw, and include universal orlando but i want a longer cruise. i have managed to fit a 7 night eastern caribbean into our itinerary without compromising the other locations too much... and that is what i want to do. i want to enjoy disney, sure. but i also want this trip to be about seeing new sights and experiencing new things, rather than going to 3 different theme parks and doing a tiny cruise in which we don't even get off the boat :) ok. rant over. so. that's my new plan.

which means, doing up a new budget, working out all the extras like port adventures, and mnsshp and adr's etc. but it also means something to be excited about :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter