September/October 2013 check in

alicia1506 said:
welcome :)

i have updated your details on the main check in -- we will also be over there similar time, but i think we will miss being in the same place at the same time :(

i too am on bread & water rations.. just found out my job may only have a shelf life of 6 months, so it's save as much as possible in those 6 months to ensure that we go on this trip.. our flights are already prepaid thanks to our cancellation this year, so there is no way i am losing that money by having to cancel next year :(

Oh no Alicia! Good idea to save as much as you can while the getting is good.

Does anybody know how flexible HoJos are with their bookings! I really am desperate to book but I'm not sure of dates yet. They wont be confirmed until mid - late January. Holiday-planning hell for me :(

Hi. Can I join in.

Our plans are not definite yet as I keep changing my mind. But at this stage they look like this.
18th Sep: 3 nights at a Universal Orlando hotel
21st Sep: 7 night Fantasy cruise
28th Oct - 9th Oct: WDW and a few other Orlando attractions. I've got my fingers firmly crossed for free dining being offered during this time next year.

I plan on booking the Auckland to LAX flights next weekend so will be a bit more secure in my plans by then.

WanderlustNZ said:
Hi. Can I join in.

Our plans are not definite yet as I keep changing my mind. But at this stage they look like this.
28th Oct - 9th Oct: WDW and a few other Orlando attractions. I've got my fingers firmly crossed for free dining being offered during this time next year.

I plan on booking the Auckland to LAX flights next weekend so will be a bit more secure in my plans by then.

Of course you can! Are you booking through ANZ? Are you getting a Skycouch? Sorry, I'm just nosey! We are thinking about getting one next year and want to hear what people think about them. Not that it will really help me if you ARE getting one since we will most likely be going before you! Haha! I'm rambling now. Too arly in the morning. Need coffee.

We're planning on a September west coast trip, witha side of Palm Springs :cloud9:

I hope we can manage it :yay:

Hi. Can I join in.

i have added you to the roll call :)

We're planning on a September west coast trip, witha side of Palm Springs :cloud9:

I hope we can manage it :yay:

bec, do you know your dates yet? if so, i can add you into the roll call (if i haven't already -- i am posting from my mobile and can't flip back and check :( )

Of course you can! Are you booking through ANZ? Are you getting a Skycouch? Sorry, I'm just nosey! We are thinking about getting one next year and want to hear what people think about them. Not that it will really help me if you ARE getting one since we will most likely be going before you! Haha! I'm rambling now. Too arly in the morning. Need coffee.

We will be booking ANZ and I'm a bit torn on the whole skycouch thing. My husband and I are quite big, tall people so with or without the skycouch we'll feel cramped. Plus those skycouches look quite flat and hard to me in the pictures.

It's $200 extra each way and I'm thinking I might try it for the return leg but not the trip there.

On the way there we will be so excited I think we can forgo a bit of comfort. Plus, we won't know what we're missing at that stage.
Also, it'll be a mid week flight, a few weeks before NZ school holidays, so I'm quietly hoping the plane will have empty seats that we can spread out to.

On the way back it'll be school holidays so I'm guessing the flight will be pretty full and we'll enjoy some slightly nicer seats.

Of course that is all guess work and my plans could be completely flawed. I tend to overthink things sometimes :rotfl:

bec, do you know your dates yet? if so, i can add you into the roll call (if i haven't already -- i am posting from my mobile and can't flip back and check :( )

No firm dates yet, late Sepember is likely though...

DH has been back at work for approximately 1.5 hours and he's sending me messages asking when our next vacation is :rotfl:

Has anybody checked out the 'Limited Tim Magic' stuff for next year? I'm a bit torn because it looks like we will be there for Villians week. Would be awesome if we were sans kids, but at 2,4 and 6 methinks they will be rather scared of them. And it will be über-popular ie.crowded. Still, we don't know our dates yet, so we might miss it after all.

Has anybody checked out the 'Limited Tim Magic' stuff for next year? I'm a bit torn because it looks like we will be there for Villians week. Would be awesome if we were sans kids, but at 2,4 and 6 methinks they will be rather scared of them. And it will be über-popular ie.crowded. Still, we don't know our dates yet, so we might miss it after all.

i got the dis update information station via email and i saw that on friday 13th sept, disneyland and DHS @ WDW will be open til 1am, with villains, special merch etc so am trying to plan my trip around that :)

so much goodness with this limited time magic thing -- it think it's going to make a lot of people very happy :)

So it's bread and water for the next11months

Telling everyone no Xmas gifts this year......except GK's of course....

So let the planning begin

We are also on bread and water rations for the next 11 months lol I did a budget for our trip yesterday and if we want the spending money amount we think we do we will need to save very hard :banana:

DH has been back at work for approximately 1.5 hours and he's sending me messages asking when our next vacation is :rotfl:

bwahahahahaha. i think i waited all of 2 weeks after we got back from the last trip to start to plan for the next trip :)

your DH has clearly loved the trip planning you've done :)

one of the reasons i think we (the collective ANZAC disers) have such great trips is that we are compulsive planners.

trying to get 4 adults on the same page about whether they are coming on this trip or not, where they want to go etc is a nightmare akin to herding cats... in a pinch, i could totally obsessively plan a trip in .. 2 weeks. if i had to. and i am sure it would rock like nobody could even imagine.. :) but it's much, much better and less painful if i have some definite responses at least 8-9 months out, kwim? so totally tearing my hair out with all this to-ing and fro-ing on the decision making front.

OH God...you have one of them too:rotfl: DH wanted to know this morning what I had planned already for next year.....so I have to send him a "program"....Good god people, what have we created:rotfl2:

so my dates are TBC
syd-lax-mco 7 sept ANZ Prem Econ
wdw 8-15 sep BLT using our AP's from this year
cruise 15-22
cruise 22-29
universal/seaworld 29-2 oct
mco-lax 3 oct
lax-syd
4 oct......

OH God...you have one of them too:rotfl: DH wanted to know this morning what I had planned already for next year.....so I have to send him a "program"....Good god people, what have we created:rotfl2:

so my dates are TBC
syd-lax-mco 7 sept ANZ Prem Econ
wdw 8-15 sep BLT using our AP's from this year
cruise 15-22
cruise 22-29
universal/seaworld 29-2 oct
mco-lax 3 oct
lax-syd
4 oct......

wow, what a nice itinerary..

are you cruising RCI again? i was looking at RCI and NCL last night for itineraries... if my sis doesn't come with, thinking about doing the DCL eastbound panama canal repo in sept versus some of the RCI or NCL itineraries...

doing western and eastern carribbean itin with freedom...around $2900 per week for a junior suite for the both of us..not including discounts/ on board credits etc....not bad:thumbsup2

wow, what a nice itinerary..

are you cruising RCI again? i was looking at RCI and NCL last night for itineraries... if my sis doesn't come with, thinking about doing the DCL eastbound panama canal repo in sept versus some of the RCI or NCL itineraries...

You can't go wrong with a Panama Canal cruise no matter who you sail with!
We were on the Jan 2011 Westbound Repo on the Wonder. It was fabulous!

doing western and eastern carribbean itin with freedom...around $2900 per week for a junior suite for the both of us..not including discounts/ on board credits etc....not bad:thumbsup2

Ok Karen, so we’ve booked ourselves an aquatheatre suite on the Allure of the Seas for Jan 2014 after our WDW/Fantasy segment. I’m super excited. My parents are coming along so it makes the cost much more tolerable! Any hints or tips or special things to know about cruising with RCL? I hear they are introducing special coke machines on all their ships??!?!

Ok Karen, so we’ve booked ourselves an aquatheatre suite on the Allure of the Seas for Jan 2014 after our WDW/Fantasy segment. I’m super excited. My parents are coming along so it makes the cost much more tolerable! Any hints or tips or special things to know about cruising with RCL? I hear they are introducing special coke machines on all their ships??!?!

just checked this out
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Knecz97bkn0
looks great.....your going to love RCCL...

dont forget as suite guests you get priority boarding etc...and I think you will be concierge so always go thru that...they will get you into hard to book things.....and great for the little things..ie: ginger ale when I got sea sick....

coke machines wiith the chips in the cups??? havent heard.....

Oh, you're making it very hard for me! Our cruise was awesome and we'd love to do another one, it's just not in the budget to do another one so soon :laughing:
This morning my DS asked me "Mum, next time we go, which ship are we going on?" :scared1:

:laughing:

Oh, you're making it very hard for me! Our cruise was awesome and we'd love to do another one, it's just not in the budget to do another one so soon :laughing:
This morning my DS asked me "Mum, next time we go, which ship are we going on?" :scared1:

RCCL you can get an inside cabin for around $1200....bargain for 3:thumbsup2

just checked this out
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Knecz97bkn0
looks great.....your going to love RCCL...

dont forget as suite guests you get priority boarding etc...and I think you will be concierge so always go thru that...they will get you into hard to book things.....and great for the little things..ie: ginger ale when I got sea sick....

coke machines wiith the chips in the cups??? havent heard.....

Thanks for the video! I'll have to show it to DH so he knows what I'm spending his money on...:rotfl2: We're actually in cabin 8730, so it should be exactly the same but in mirror image.

That balcony looks so much better in real life than on a small deckplan picture! Love the binocular thing on it! The kids will have a ball. OK, going to check out the concierge lounge now...

Do it! Do it! It doesn't have to be a Disney ship for it to be awesome. Cruising is so much cheaper on that side of the world. Crossing the Panama Canal was truly a special experience. Just ignore the words and look at the pics...
http://deliriouslydemented.blogspot.com.au/2011/03/jan-12-panama-canal.html

cruising in the USA is dirt cheap....and disney is one of the more expensive in the medium range cruises..but you dont have to sacrifice quality for price.....RCCL is one of the better ones..and have heaps of itins, price points and activities..

I cant believe we are going back to back......dang DH and his padi license:rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter