September/October 2014 Roll Call

Hi All Trip planned for 1 Sept to 19 Sept BNE to LAX to YVR 7 night Alaskan Disney Wonder Cruise Vancouver to Anaheim by Amtrak 5 Awesome days at Disneyland Staying at a VRBO near Disneyland

It does sound awesome. Your post got me exploring the VRBO website and I have seen a few rentals I would love to stay in. I would love to hear about people's experiences renting holiday homes as it's not something I've done before.

I'm in! Nothing has been locked in yet except the RunDisney event. The latest version in planning is looking like... Departing 26th/27th Aug, returning 20th/21st Sep 3 nights Anaheim (without entering the parks) inc. 10km RunDisney event Approx 8-9 nights road tripping around SoCal 7-8 nights DLR inc. day trip to Universal Studios 3 nights Hawaii Plus 1 night at either end in Fiji in transit. :dance3:

That sounds fantastic Zanzibar. Where do you plan on staying in Hawaii?

I'll update the first post tomorrow with you and Darren's trip details. It's just too fiddly to do it on my iPad mini.

That sounds fantastic Zanzibar. Where do you plan on staying in Hawaii?

No idea yet! Hawaii has only just come up as an option, so haven't had a chance to do any research yet. In the past I would always have said Aulani, but I've read some recent reviews that say it's very crowded now, and I don't know if the expense would be worth it :confused3 I'm even thinking maybe one of the quieter islands. Will definitely have to look into it :thumbsup2

Hi everyone!

I'm a total newbie here.

We're travelling through Las Vegas and Arizona before heading to Disneyland for about 8 nights - Sep 26 through to about Oct 4th.

Still deciding between DLH or concierge level at PP. It's our first ever trip and my boys are old enough to remember this trip (7 and 10) so I'm open to suggestions.

Halloween will just an amazing thing to see - we're definitely going to book tickets for the Halloween party.:goodvibes

Hi everyone!

I'm a total newbie here.

We're travelling through Las Vegas and Arizona before heading to Disneyland for about 8 nights - Sep 26 through to about Oct 4th.

Still deciding between DLH or concierge level at PP. It's our first ever trip and my boys are old enough to remember this trip (7 and 10) so I'm open to suggestions.

Halloween will just an amazing thing to see - we're definitely going to book tickets for the Halloween party.:goodvibes

Welcome!

Lucky duck! Arizona looks amazing. PIO has a TR going about her recent road trip there.

I'm looking forward to experiencing a bit of Halloween too, but unfortunately we'll be too early for the party.

Hi everyone! I'm a total newbie here. We're travelling through Las Vegas and Arizona before heading to Disneyland for about 8 nights - Sep 26 through to about Oct 4th. Still deciding between DLH or concierge level at PP. It's our first ever trip and my boys are old enough to remember this trip (7 and 10) so I'm open to suggestions. Halloween will just an amazing thing to see - we're definitely going to book tickets for the Halloween party.:goodvibes

Yes welcome helsbells22. Your plans sound great. We may bump into each other at Disneyland and not even know it :)

What date does your trip start?

:wave2: Time for me to join the role call :)

August
6 Perth - Des Moines
6- 9 Knoxville Nationals (sprint cars)
10 Sioux Falls (sprint cars)
11 DH flys home we will go back to Knoxville
11- 24 undecided how time will be divided between our friends in Knoxville and Texas.
25 fly to London probably via Iceland with a 1 night stopover
27 DH will fly in from Perth
29 London to Barcelona
30 board the Disney Wonder for a 7 night Med cruise
September
6 14 night Transalantic cruise from Barcelona to San Juan :banana:
20 fly San Juan to Lax staying at a Disney hotel purely so I can have parcels sent there :rotfl:
21 a day at Disney/ last minute shopping fly home.
23 arrive home.

:wave2: Time for me to join the role call :)

August
6 Perth - Des Moines
6- 9 Knoxville Nationals (sprint cars)
10 Sioux Falls (sprint cars)
11 DH flys home we will go back to Knoxville
11- 24 undecided how time will be divided between our friends in Knoxville and Texas.
25 fly to London probably via Iceland with a 1 night stopover
27 DH will fly in from Perth
29 London to Barcelona
30 board the Disney Wonder for a 7 night Med cruise
September
6 14 night Transalantic cruise from Barcelona to San Juan :banana:
20 fly San Juan to Lax staying at a Disney hotel purely so I can have parcels sent there :rotfl:
21 a day at Disney/ last minute shopping fly home.
23 arrive home.

:worship:

That is all.

:wave2: Time for me to join the role call :) August 6 Perth - Des Moines 6- 9 Knoxville Nationals (sprint cars) 10 Sioux Falls (sprint cars) 11 DH flys home we will go back to Knoxville 11- 24 undecided how time will be divided between our friends in Knoxville and Texas. 25 fly to London probably via Iceland with a 1 night stopover 27 DH will fly in from Perth 29 London to Barcelona 30 board the Disney Wonder for a 7 night Med cruise September 6 14 night Transalantic cruise from Barcelona to San Juan :banana: 20 fly San Juan to Lax staying at a Disney hotel purely so I can have parcels sent there :rotfl: 21 a day at Disney/ last minute shopping fly home. 23 arrive home.

Wow! 1 1/2 months of awesomeness!

I love Barcelona. It's my favourite city in Europe. If you can, spend at least a day or two there. The architecture is not to be missed.

How would you like me to sum all of that up in one or two lines on the first post? :)

:worship:

That is all.
:rotfl:
I don't think people really realise how cheap the 14 night relocation cruises are ;)

Wow! 1 1/2 months of awesomeness!

I love Barcelona. It's my favourite city in Europe. If you can, spend at least a day or two there. The architecture is not to be missed.

How would you like me to sum all of that up in one or two lines on the first post? :)
We will fly into Barcelona early and we don't intend on boarding the ship early on the Sat so we can see something and also even though we are doing a B2b cruise we are going to get off and do some sort of tour well that's the plan at this stage :)
I'll leave the summing up to you ;)

:rotfl:
I don't think people really realise how cheap the 14 night relocation cruises are ;)

That's not all I was :worship: about :rotfl: I once saw one of those transatlantic cruises for about $600! Unfortunately being a last minute deal, I wasn't able to take advantage of it at the time.

The rest of your trip sounds awesome too :goodvibes

That's not all I was :worship: about :rotfl: I once saw one of those transatlantic cruises for about $600! Unfortunately being a last minute deal, I wasn't able to take advantage of it at the time.

The rest of your trip sounds awesome too :goodvibes

Oh I wish I could get one for that price ;) it would have been great to book it on opening day but DH was absolutely not then changed his mind when the ships nearly sold out :rotfl: this whole trip is only happening because of amazingly cheap flights to the USA in the first place :)

Oh I wish I could get one for that price ;) it would have been great to book it on opening day but DH was absolutely not then changed his mind when the ships nearly sold out :rotfl: this whole trip is only happening because of amazingly cheap flights to the USA in the first place :)

Well, at least you got a bargain on the flights, which is more than most of us can say at the moment :rotfl:

Hello, I am a long time reader and now have a great reason to post :cool1:
My family and I are off to USA for a month next September 2014.
dh(46), me(37), dd(14), ds(13), ds(12), dd(9). These are our plans -
Sept 6 - sept 8 Disneyland, staying at Grand Californian Hotel
Sept 9 - sept 11 Grand Canyon rafting trip
Sept 12- sept 17 still undecided
Sept 18 - sept 21 Disney dream
Sept 21 - sept 24 Universal, staying at Hard rock hotel
Sept 24 - Oct 5 WDW, accommodation undecided probably OKW 2 bed villa

This is our first trip to Wdw, and sailing on any cruise ship. All of us gals do suffer from sea sickness, however as I am a disney nut bag the opportunity not to experience this at least once was too great. I am a big planner, list maker, and just love dis boards and all the helpful info everyone has.

Hello, I am a long time reader and now have a great reason to post :cool1: My family and I are off to USA for a month next September 2014. dh(46), me(37), dd(14), ds(13), ds(12), dd(9). These are our plans - Sept 6 - sept 8 Disneyland, staying at Grand Californian Hotel Sept 9 - sept 11 Grand Canyon rafting trip Sept 12- sept 17 still undecided Sept 18 - sept 21 Disney dream Sept 21 - sept 24 Universal, staying at Hard rock hotel Sept 24 - Oct 5 WDW, accommodation undecided probably OKW 2 bed villa This is our first trip to Wdw, and sailing on any cruise ship. All of us gals do suffer from sea sickness, however as I am a disney nut bag the opportunity not to experience this at least once was too great. I am a big planner, list maker, and just love dis boards and all the helpful info everyone has.

Welcome Blonkage. That trip sounds fantastic.

Hopefully you'll find a cruise ship doesn't make you feel anywhere near as seasick as a boat does.

I will update the first post asap. I realise I'm getting a bit behind.
For some reason when I use the iPad app and push 'edit', it restructures a post into one big block paragraph (like the quote above). It didn't used to do that. Is anyone else having trouble with the app?

Hello, I am a long time reader and now have a great reason to post :cool1:
My family and I are off to USA for a month next September 2014.
dh(46), me(37), dd(14), ds(13), ds(12), dd(9). These are our plans -
Sept 6 - sept 8 Disneyland, staying at Grand Californian Hotel
Sept 9 - sept 11 Grand Canyon rafting trip
Sept 12- sept 17 still undecided
Sept 18 - sept 21 Disney dream
Sept 21 - sept 24 Universal, staying at Hard rock hotel
Sept 24 - Oct 5 WDW, accommodation undecided probably OKW 2 bed villa

This is our first trip to Wdw, and sailing on any cruise ship. All of us gals do suffer from sea sickness, however as I am a disney nut bag the opportunity not to experience this at least once was too great. I am a big planner, list maker, and just love dis boards and all the helpful info everyone has.

Sounds wonderful! I'm sure sea-sickness will not be as big a problem for you on a cruise ship, but make sure you take plenty of Quells or something, just in case.

I'm thrilled to hear you are doing a rafting trip at the Grand Canyon! The perspective from the bottom is something you really have to experience :thumbsup2

Hi all,

I think I'm up to date?

If I have missed you out, stuffed up your details, or not summarised your trip the way you'd like, please write a 1-2 line summary for me to add to the first post.

I can't believe that it's almost 2014 already :eek: Soon we'll all be able to say we're going this year.

Hi,

First time poster, long time lurker! But finally have a reason to post. Our Sept 14 plans are:

Sept 12 AKL to LAX
Sept 13-16 North Carolina
Sept 16-28 WDW (POR)
Sept 28-Oct 5 Freedom of the Seas Eastern Caribbean
Oct 6-10 Las Vegas/Grand Canyon
Oct 10 San Fran

Travelling with DH and DD's (who will be 7 and 9)

We did DL 2 1/2 years ago but that didn't require half the planning. Although I'm a planning freak so secretly love it! Hoping like crazy for free dining.

Hi,

First time poster, long time lurker! But finally have a reason to post. Our Sept 14 plans are:

Sept 12 AKL to LAX
Sept 13-16 North Carolina
Sept 16-28 WDW (POR)
Sept 28-Oct 5 Freedom of the Seas Eastern Caribbean
Oct 6-10 Las Vegas/Grand Canyon
Oct 10 San Fran

Travelling with DH and DD's (who will be 7 and 9)

We did DL 2 1/2 years ago but that didn't require half the planning. Although I'm a planning freak so secretly love it! Hoping like crazy for free dining.

Welcome! Congrats on coming out of lurkdom :thumbsup2

Hi, First time poster, long time lurker! But finally have a reason to post. Our Sept 14 plans are: Sept 12 AKL to LAX Sept 13-16 North Carolina Sept 16-28 WDW (POR) Sept 28-Oct 5 Freedom of the Seas Eastern Caribbean Oct 6-10 Las Vegas/Grand Canyon Oct 10 San Fran Travelling with DH and DD's (who will be 7 and 9) We did DL 2 1/2 years ago but that didn't require half the planning. Although I'm a planning freak so secretly love it! Hoping like crazy for free dining.

Welcome Kiwigal. Your trip sounds wonderful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter