Share a WDW moment: It’s a Star Wars Weekend! It's today - BUH-BYE!!!!

That is pretty nmuch how I spent my Saturday! I even have the Touring Plans printed! :banana:

We will be at Epcot on June 9 as well, although normally I spend two-three days here, so I must say I am a little envious of you getting more time to explore!! ;)

4 June - (Friday) arrive at BCV (around 9pm - yuck)
5 June - MK - meet Melissa and family, return in afternoon to AKV, eat at O'hana's for dinner, return to MK for 10pm closing
6 June - DHS - Star Wars Weekend!! with Melissa, until early evening
7 June - AK (EMH 8am)
8 June - Epcot (EMH 9-12am)
9 June - Epcot - I like to go twice in a row...one day sets up for the other
10 June - our mostly "free" day...DHS when we feel like it (or risk losing park day)
11 June - MK (EMH 11-2am) -- Good-bye to the Magic Kingdom!
12 June - extra park day...leave at 7pm

It looks like June 9th is the only day where our plans overlap... although since we have park hoppers, we very well may end up in the same place more often...

I have talked about our "wake-up" magic, where I always set out something for the kids in the morning to wake up to that's new -- I have 5 days planned, so far. Gotta figure out what else is Disney-cool to 13 year olds. :goodvibes

What do you have so far? Maybe we can help you come up with something for the other days!

That is pretty nmuch how I spent my Saturday! I even have the Touring Plans printed! :banana:

We will be at Epcot on June 9 as well, although normally I spend two-three days here, so I must say I am a little envious of you getting more time to explore!! ;)

Hey, Tink -- it's just getting down to the timeframe where I feel like I need to know what gets done, when -- and Saturday's activities just made it seem like the trip might actually get here! :rotfl: DH would probably forego all the planning...he likes to do "spur of the moment" stuff -- but he doesn't mind me doing all the work! :)

You're doing Epcot on the 9th, too -- it would be really cool to run into each other!! Maybe we ought to see if our touring plans run into each other... :laughing:

[/B][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

It looks like June 9th is the only day where our plans overlap... although since we have park hoppers, we very well may end up in the same place more often...

What do you have so far? Maybe we can help you come up with something for the other days!

June 9th is THE DAY! :rotfl: We all have to figure out where to spot each other -- at lunch, or something! We discussed park hoppers, but on average we've only used them once or twice a trip -- not really worth the extra $$, especially since we're on a budget.

Oh, and yesterday I saw that the Disney Store online had a special if you bought a pin, your entire order was shipped for freeeee!! So, I went on and saw some lanyards that I could personalize for free (which were only about $5 a lanyard), and then bought a package set of 2 pins -- so a little over $20, and I got two pins and two personalized lanyards for a special wake-up! :woohoo: I figure I probably better give those pretty quick, before they buy a lanyard!

So, that really leaves two days of wake-ups. I have so far, for each girl: 2 t-shirts, a set of pjs, 2 sets pins, lanyard, pair of socks and Lion King Pez dispenser (together, since they're small). At first I thought the Pez dispensers were kind of cheesy -- and they are -- but everyone likes candy!! It's just not something you think about buying after a certain age, but it doesn't mean you outgrow liking those little Pez candies! ;)

Due to circumstances beyond our control, I must hereby announce the official "swap" between park-days.

Our magical first day must now -- instead of Magic Kingdom -- be Animal Kingdom.

You know the old saying, if you don't like what's on TV, turn the channel. Or, turn it off. That's where we are -- not to burst any bubbles, but our bubble will be floating over to a first day filled with Festival of the Lion King, Expedition Everest, Finding Nemo the Musical, and many other wonderful sights and sounds of the Animal Kingdom.

I need to find out how we can still make a rope drop at Magic Kingdom -- still want to do that -- but I don't want to plan it after a late night!! :rotfl:

Maybe a Disney-themed key chain? You could even buy them in the gift shop after you arrive for later in the week... or even a small stuffed animal? OH! How about one of the Disney charm bracelet things they sell in the gift shops? I think the bracelets are about $8, and the charms are only $2-3 each... you could get each girl a bracelet and one or two charms, and then they could add to it if they wanted to with their own souvie money...

Maybe a Disney-themed key chain? You could even buy them in the gift shop after you arrive for later in the week... or even a small stuffed animal? OH! How about one of the Disney charm bracelet things they sell in the gift shops? I think the bracelets are about $8, and the charms are only $2-3 each... you could get each girl a bracelet and one or two charms, and then they could add to it if they wanted to with their own souvie money...

That's a GREAT idea, Michelle -- Jordan always looks at those charms, and there are plenty of opportunities to get them! Thanks!!!
:dance3:

They also sell little purses with a chain on it that you can attach the charms to. Emma ran out of room on the bracelet she bought the previous trip sp got a purse to start. Its quite cute.

vickie!! sorry i've been sooo MIA...i don't have a computer at home and when I'm at the computer, I'm busy trying to update my TR! Please forgive me :flower3:...anyway, I just saw your ticker and you're almost leaving!!!! so exciting!! Well, I'm going to go back and catch up!!

They also sell little purses with a chain on it that you can attach the charms to. Emma ran out of room on the bracelet she bought the previous trip sp got a purse to start. Its quite cute.

Ooooh, that sounds perfect!! I hope we can find that -- I don't recall ever seeing them before!!

vickie!! sorry i've been sooo MIA...i don't have a computer at home and when I'm at the computer, I'm busy trying to update my TR! Please forgive me :flower3:...anyway, I just saw your ticker and you're almost leaving!!!! so exciting!! Well, I'm going to go back and catch up!!

Keala, you just keep going with that report -- we are really enjoying it!! :banana: I can't wait to start documenting our trip...hope I can hold a candle to your & Roman's story!! ;)

Ten days...and tomorrow makes single digits!!! I remember some other PTR's single digits...!!:eek:

Can't wait to begin packing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheer2:

Hey, Tink -- it's just getting down to the timeframe where I feel like I need to know what gets done, when -- and Saturday's activities just made it seem like the trip might actually get here! :rotfl: DH would probably forego all the planning...he likes to do "spur of the moment" stuff -- but he doesn't mind me doing all the work! :)

You're doing Epcot on the 9th, too -- it would be really cool to run into each other!! Maybe we ought to see if our touring plans run into each other... :laughing:

I asked DH when he wanted to discuss our plans so he would have an idea what we are doing...he said on Saturday as we drive down...:rotfl2: He is a laid back traveler so our DHs must think a little alike!

I think I understand the MK situation and switch. AK will be fun and will build some excitement for MK!! :thumbsup2

It would be cool to "bump" into each other! I am basically following the Touring Plan for one day in Epcot, except we are reversing the WS order and beginning with Canada rather than Mexico. We have ADRs at Le Cellier at 1pm so hopefully the reverse will work okay!!

We are officially in single digits!! :woohoo:

We are officially in single digits!! :woohoo:

It seriously...does not feel real, yet.

I got my Disney Files magazine today -- :cool1: It talks about a Toy Story Playland in "Walt Disney Studios".

1) I don't recall ever hearing about a Toy Story Playland with three rides in it

and

2) Are they taking the "Hollywood" out of the name of the park?

I feel so behind...I looked online on the official site and didn't see anything about this. :confused:

The other day, I was on the Disney Store site, and saw they were having a special -- buy a pin, and you get shipping for free!!

That was right up my alley, and since I was looking for some small WAKE UP (it's Disney-time!!) gifts, I started shopping. I like online shopping...you get so much more selection!!

So, right away, I saw these lanyards for less than $6, with free personalization! I thought, "wow, my DD's 2 other lanyards are full -- would be cool to have an extra for her to fill up with her friend." So, I bought two. And then, being the cheapskate I am :rolleyes: , I decided to buy a package of 2 pins. They're sealed, which was unfortunate for me today -- because they all came in!!

28566_1302495725266_1316648229_30708805_3596216_n.jpg

...and I really would have liked to open that package to see what the pins were...they're the ones that are WDW rides, with Mickey & Friends on them. Guess I'll have to wait with the girls.

Well, that's it for the gifts, for now. Anything else will have to wait for the parks. :goodvibes I'm thinking I might want to give THESE items to the girls for the wake-up to go to the airport...OR, I could go with the pj's...I'm kind of undecided. I just don't want them to buy lanyards on their own before I realize what they've done! :laughing:

Wow - i love the personalised lanyards! Wouldn't it be great if some little Disney fairy brought Mums and Dads little wake up presents while at Disney - how exciting would that be? Kids get all the fun!

Wow - i love the personalised lanyards! Wouldn't it be great if some little Disney fairy brought Mums and Dads little wake up presents while at Disney - how exciting would that be? Kids get all the fun!

I KNOW!! I think we adults get more excited -- and I am so excited for them to wake up and get the stuff (wake up, WAKE UP!!). I am still undecided as to what to give them, first.

I love the lanyards!! My DD would flip over them. The girls will be so excited!!

Thanks, Tink! I think it's so cool that we are taking Natalie for her first time to WDW -- these little things will make it all that much more special.

My BFF just offered to buy some groceries for us for our room -- usually the only thing we'd eat there is breakfast -- and I thought that was so nice to take that worry from us! I was going to order online from the grocery place, but this makes it easier.

The packing begins tomorrow! Since my family is coming in on Weds, I've also got to get busy getting the house ready for them...a bit of cleaning, rearranging, and a few surprises. My mother & sister and nephew will hopefully have a great time on their get-away. :goodvibes

Next Saturday, we'll be at AK!! :banana::banana:

Hey, Diser's -- here's a great deal at the Disney Store website -- 25% off $100 or more, with free shipping!! If you are planning to stock up before you go to WDW, here's your chance! (I'm done, sadly -- no more time for the UPS truck to get to my house before we leave...Which, I guess, is really a good thing!!)

http://www.disneystore.com/?CMP=SOC-Fb

FWIW, I definitely think the lanyards & pins should be the first gifts the girls get - probably the morning that you leave. You don't want them to get excited and buy their own before you can stop them. I can't remember what time you're leaving to head to WDW - is Natalie staying the night with you guys the night before? You could always give them the pajamas right before bed that night to get them in the WDW spirit, but that might mean you'd need an extra wake-up surprise.

This time next Saturday, I'll be frantically trying to finish up our last minute shopping, packing & getting everything ready for the cats to stay home alone for a week. This time next Sunday, we'll be all checked in at VWL and either hanging out in a park or relaxing by the pool. I can't wait!

VICKIE!!!!! 5 DAYS?!?!?!?!??!?!?! I am sooooo excited for you folks!!!!! Can you believe it's almost here?!?!?!? I am LOVING those lanyards you got! what a great deal and it's personalized?!?! Anyway, I hope I don't miss your send off. We've got a lot going on at home this week ...really busy. So I'll try and remember to come and say ALOHA before you folks leave! I'm gonna miss you and your funny replies while you're gone!! :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter