Share a WDW moment: It’s a Star Wars Weekend! It's today - BUH-BYE!!!!

Hey BFF! Love the lanyards! Can't believe next week we will already be heading to DHS by this time. We have to make rope drop for SWW.

Just send me that shopping list, just remember that I have a regular bed to my truck, not the extended one.:rotfl:

FWIW, I definitely think the lanyards & pins should be the first gifts the girls get - probably the morning that you leave. You don't want them to get excited and buy their own before you can stop them. I can't remember what time you're leaving to head to WDW - is Natalie staying the night with you guys the night before? You could always give them the pajamas right before bed that night to get them in the WDW spirit, but that might mean you'd need an extra wake-up surprise.

This time next Saturday, I'll be frantically trying to finish up our last minute shopping, packing & getting everything ready for the cats to stay home alone for a week. This time next Sunday, we'll be all checked in at VWL and either hanging out in a park or relaxing by the pool. I can't wait!

You know, Michelle -- I think you might be right about the lanyards. I know my DD will be trying to figure out which pins she'll want to take, and which of her other lanyards, and this will give her a "clean slate" to get new pins with and she won't have to worry about moving pins off her other lanyard. Natalie is staying the night before, and I did want to give those pj's early in the trip...! :cutie:

We used to leave our cats by themselves, but we now have one cat that needs a little more special attention! I'm glad I've got family coming in to take care of them.

Wow, this week can't go fast enough, right?? :woohoo:

VICKIE!!!!! 5 DAYS?!?!?!?!??!?!?! I am sooooo excited for you folks!!!!! Can you believe it's almost here?!?!?!? I am LOVING those lanyards you got! what a great deal and it's personalized?!?! Anyway, I hope I don't miss your send off. We've got a lot going on at home this week ...really busy. So I'll try and remember to come and say ALOHA before you folks leave! I'm gonna miss you and your funny replies while you're gone!! :hug:

I KNOW!! After a couple of really hectic things were resolved for me at work on Friday, I started beginning to feel like vacation might actually GET HERE. (I couldn't believe the great deal on those lanyards -- I just feel like I luck out every once in a while!)

So...I totally understand about things going on and time slipping away from you...I have lost track of a lot of PTRs that I'm sure have turned into TRs by now, and I haven't really had time to track them down! In a way, I wish I had a 3G smart phone and could stream our trip on Facebook like my BFF does...we always know what park she's at on the weekend. ;)

Hey BFF! Love the lanyards! Can't believe next week we will already be heading to DHS by this time. We have to make rope drop for SWW.

Just send me that shopping list, just remember that I have a regular bed to my truck, not the extended one.:rotfl:

Thanks! I only worry a tiny bit about Jordan getting squeamish about the "princess" theme, but with both of them having one...and it's WDW time...maybe she'll get over it. :thumbsup2

I'm up for rope drop...since we'll be settled at Kadani Village by that time, I'm hoping that nothing gets in the way of our getting there early enough! Not even scrambling (hah) for breakfast, which is primarily what we'll ask you to get for us! Just a few things...I promise. :)

I love the lanyards as first day wake up gift.

I can't believe i almost forgot to go get new pajamas! (smiley smacking forehead)

I got my Disney Files magazine today -- :cool1: It talks about a Toy Story Playland in "Walt Disney Studios".

1) I don't recall ever hearing about a Toy Story Playland with three rides in it

and

2) Are they taking the "Hollywood" out of the name of the park?

I feel so behind...I looked online on the official site and didn't see anything about this. :confused:

Did you see anything else about this? I tried looking but saw nothing! I even tried the rumors thread...:confused3

I love the lanyards as first day wake up gift.

I can't believe i almost forgot to go get new pajamas! (smiley smacking forehead)

For yourself, new pjs, or for the kiddos? :laughing: I have a set of Eeyore pjs and a set of Pooh pjs that are mandatory for our trip!

Did you see anything else about this? I tried looking but saw nothing! I even tried the rumors thread...:confused3

Tink, I have not seen ANYTHING else on this. I think that DVC feeds us little tidbits to see who is paying attention -- I mean, 3 brand new rides, and no one is talking about them? :confused3

Okay, gang -- I took some pics of us packing -- will post them later on this evening!! :cloud9:

OMG how exciting!!!!
Time has gone so fast. Hope you (and Melissa) have an amazing time in WDW. Can't wait to hear all about it when you get back!

3 Days!!!!!!:cool1::cool1::cool1:

I'm finishing our packing tonight!

You go, girl!! :rotfl: I just am not that organized -- so I took off on Thursday to finish all our packing!!

OMG how exciting!!!!
Time has gone so fast. Hope you (and Melissa) have an amazing time in WDW. Can't wait to hear all about it when you get back!

Time has all of a sudden decided to speed up...isn't that what happens when you get older?? The end is near...! :lmao:

I'm so excited to do a TR with Melissa again, even if she only plays a small part in our vacation...she takes the best shots!

And, I finally figured out what's wrong with all my WRONG information: it's all great news for DISNEYLAND PARIS.

:lmao:

Maybe someday we can go to Europe and try the Slinky Dog Zig Zag Spin, or the RC Racer ride -- but not any time soon.

...that's okay, though -- we've got enough on our plate coming!!! :banana:

And, I finally figured out what's wrong with all my WRONG information: it's all great news for DISNEYLAND PARIS.

Maybe someday we can go to Europe and try the Slinky Dog Zig Zag Spin, or the RC Racer ride -- but not any time soon.

On our last trip in March, a CM was hinting about planned upgrades to DHS & Epcot once the Fantasyland expansion at MK is completed. Maybe, just maybe, if those rides are successful in Paris, they'll show up at DHS in a few years. :thumbsup2

That, or we need to organize a huge DIS trip to Disneyland Paris to ride them! :rotfl:

We started packing yesterday... or at least, after I did laundry, we pulled the clothes we want to pack, and left those in the laundry basket. I have to find a few more things, and make a trip to Walmart to search for new Disney PJs for me (I have Winnie the Pooh, Eeyore, and Mickey Mouse right now, but they're more winter PJs.... :rolleyes1)

I can already sense that Saturday is going to be a really hectic day of getting the last minute things done before leaving EARLY Sunday morning. I can't believe it's almost here!!!! :banana: :yay: :cheer2: :cool1:

Wow, Vickie, it's just a couple of days now. I'm getting all excited.

You mentioned breakfast the morning of DHS. We have started eating at Starring Rolls there at DHS (I believe that is the name). They have lots of pastry's to eat, makes a good breakfast so we could ride, get FP's etc and then grab a bite to eat. I think that is what we did last year waiting for ya'll to get off the bus.

Got your cereal today, hope its the right kind. Will grab milk and the apples on Friday or Saturday morning on the way.

Oh, and wanted to let Vickie know and anyone else reading this. I haven't been on the Dis much so not sure if there has been any discussion about this, but was talking to one of my Dis friends there right now and she said there has been a lot of theft around the pools and water parks. So be careful what you take with you. She mentioned a very long line at TL to report thefts. She also said her and her son put down their stuff at POFQ pool at the very last two chairs. She mentioned that might not be a good idea and her son responded "Mom, it's Disneyworld, no one is going to take our stuff." Well, a little while later she said a very well dressed lady had her towel over her arm and was looking around when she walked up and told her to leave. Lady tried to say she had left her shoes there. Just be careful and have a great time on your trips everyone!!!!:goodvibes

Wow, Vickie, it's just a couple of days now. I'm getting all excited.

You mentioned breakfast the morning of DHS. We have started eating at Starring Rolls there at DHS (I believe that is the name). They have lots of pastry's to eat, makes a good breakfast so we could ride, get FP's etc and then grab a bite to eat. I think that is what we did last year waiting for ya'll to get off the bus.

Got your cereal today, hope its the right kind. Will grab milk and the apples on Friday or Saturday morning on the way.

Oh, and wanted to let Vickie know and anyone else reading this. I haven't been on the Dis much so not sure if there has been any discussion about this, but was talking to one of my Dis friends there right now and she said there has been a lot of theft around the pools and water parks. So be careful what you take with you. She mentioned a very long line at TL to report thefts. She also said her and her son put down their stuff at POFQ pool at the very last two chairs. She mentioned that might not be a good idea and her son responded "Mom, it's Disneyworld, no one is going to take our stuff." Well, a little while later she said a very well dressed lady had her towel over her arm and was looking around when she walked up and told her to leave. Lady tried to say she had left her shoes there. Just be careful and have a great time on your trips everyone!!!!:goodvibes

Hey, thanks...that is awesome. I can already taste those sweet rolls going to my hips.

You know, I am always paranoid wherever I go about people taking my stuff -- always looking back at it. We'll have to keep an eye out for each other at the Kadani swimming pool!
:sad2:

Here are some shots of us getting ready!!

We have a couple of medium-sized suitcases for us adults...we learned early on that we'll over-pack the 50lb max if we take anything bigger. DH took the older suitcase (closer) -- he's so sweet. :goodvibes

30066_1307080519883_1316648229_30721192_1948316_n.jpg

Here's my DD packing her little carry-on bag -- all kinds of electronic and "keep 'em busy" stuff goes in here, along with snax & stuff. Note the Mickey...it matches the Mickey suitcase in the background.

30066_1307080599885_1316648229_30721193_4269426_n.jpg

This is typical. DH already has his suitcase packed...

30066_1307080639886_1316648229_30721194_5064638_n.jpg

And here is the mountain of clothes (9 days!!) that I am taking...I have to iron it all. Bummer...so, it really doesn't go INTO the suitcase, yet.

30066_1307080679887_1316648229_30721195_7153162_n.jpg

And here is our cat, Samson, who is looking for an opportunity to play. Any opportunity. Just waiting. Any moment now...

30066_1307080719888_1316648229_30721196_2534584_n.jpg

It hasn't gotten much farther than this, but we're still working on it!!
:rotfl:

I second Starring Rolls for breakfast at DHS. It's also a great CS option for lunch - they serve huge, delicious sandwiches and stuff. It's just about the only CS place at DHS that I ever eat at!

Melissa, thanks for the warning/reminder about theft at the pools and water parks. We never leave anything out at the pool except shoes & towels - DH has a waterproof travel wallet that we use on trips so he can keep our KTTW cards, etc safe, and if we take a camera at all, we take the waterproof one... so it goes in the pool with me! :rotfl: At the water parks, we always rent a locker as well. The peace of mind is worth the $ to me. It's so easy to forget that there can be crime and bad things happening when you're at WDW... the "magic" lulls so many people into a false sense of security. It's a shame that there are people out there who will try to capitalize on that. :sad2:

vickie!! i CANNOT believe that you're leaving already!!! I'm loving your pics of your packing! If I miss your send off...i hope you have a wonderful and magical vacation...take lots of pics...oh yah, don't forget your camera! :lmao:
I'll miss you while you're gone!! :hug: have fun!

vickie!! i CANNOT believe that you're leaving already!!! I'm loving your pics of your packing! If I miss your send off...i hope you have a wonderful and magical vacation...take lots of pics...oh yah, don't forget your camera! :lmao:
I'll miss you while you're gone!! :hug: have fun!

OMGosh, it's so close, it's SCARY!! :scared1: :laughing:

I better make a checklist to make sure I don't forget anything (camera), otherwise, I'll end up (camera) forgetting something like (camera) a hair brush, or something (camera).

Thanks, Keala -- I almost feel like I KNOW you -- you are such a sweetheart. Don't you wish you could involve EVERYONE in on your trip, when you go? Not that you really want everyone to deal with, but it's so good to share...! ;) I guess that's why we're hooked on the DIS! :laughing:

...I'm wondering if I'll have time in the a.m. before the flight to make another post...I'll probably make one tonight of our progress... stay tuned!!!

Hey Vickie, just wanted to let you know, not sure what time we will be there Saturday. I know before lunch, hopefully way before. We will probably head straight to the hotel. Go ahead and ride the Safari. Jonas only likes Dinosaur and EE. Jacob likes the KRR. We will see what we can get done.

Also, have ya'll ever done the trail that goes around the Tree of Life? You can see the Kangaroo's from it. You end up on the backside of that area with the vultures. Have to show you that, great view of the Tree of Life.

And Jonas may be a grumpy head. Work is stressing him out and he has been a bear!

And here is some pixiedust:, keep those storms they are predicting for tomorrow away!:goodvibes

MichelleM, you are so right about it feeling so magical that you let your guard down. And we don't hear everything that goes down at the parks. Have a great vacation everyone!

Well shoot! I love Toy Story and thought that would be great! Oh Well! :)

Have a safe trip/flight! We are packing, packing, packing also!! It is so hard to believe the time has arrived!! :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter