Share a WDW moment: It’s a Star Wars Weekend! It's today - BUH-BYE!!!!

Wow! Sounds like a sucessful yard sale and great news about Natalie's plane ticket money.

What do you mean by planning maps? Are you talking about the free onces you can order from Disney's site? Just curious.

It was a GREAT weekend! And, yes, those are the maps I'm talking about -- although we may not have enough time...it does take a long time to get them. Have you ever ordered them? They are really cute!

Someone how I didn't notice page 8 of this thread. :confused3 Love all the stuff you bought Vickie. I like those Mickey and Minnie shirts for the girls. And I like your shirt too. Nothing wrong with that.

Scottsminnie, men just don't get it do they? Why wouldn't he wear the shirt? Sounded very cute.

And Vickie, I forgot to mention I agree with the QSDP, still a lot of food. It comes with the mugs though doesn't it? Worth it just for that.

Thanks!! Well, you'll get to see it first-hand -- I'm not wearing it until the trip!

And, I should take a picture of Robert's shirt...

It's so funny -- I was excited about getting the mugs with the QSDP...and then I saw all the hoopla about mugs on the resort threads! It's horrendous! People want to know what they look like (like I did), and then everyone accuses those who want to know of taking old mugs to the resorts to get free refills!

It was crazy...whatever you do, DON'T read the Mug threads!! :rotfl:

Yay! Sounds like the garage sale was a success! Things seem to be coming together nicely for your trip!

Thank you! A lot of good things happened this weekend. It's so funny: on Sunday, I mentioned something about the trip, and DH says, "Are you just constantly thinking about WDW?"

And I thought: hey, I know people who have extravagant WDW dinners at home, etc!! :rotfl: I think it's all relative!! But he doesn't read the Dis Boards, so he has no idea...

and Melissa, it's all your fault. :lmao:

of course, she would probably tell me it's all MY fault, since I started it by sending her a WDW Vacation Planning DVD! (hey, as much $$ as you've given WDW by now, I should think I deserve some kind of kick-back...) :rolleyes1

I do blame you Vickie!!!! :lmao: Honestly, you just have to blame Walt E. Disney, he sure knew what he was doing!

Sadly I won't get to see all of those shirts since we won't be with you the whole stay.

And Elizablake, sorry you DD won't be tall enough for Sum of all Thrills, but will the Flower and Garden Festival still be going on when you are there? They have a really cool playground set up for it, maybe you and the hubby can let Grandma watch her while you go ride. Or we had fun with the Waste Management attraction (can't remember the name of it) right across from Sum of All Thrills.

Ok, I know I am double posting...or does it count if it is the next day?

But I am so excited :banana::banana:, the stars have been announced for SWW. We will get to see Billie Dee Williams and Ray Park! We don't ever get the autographs, not willing to get there that early for the FP to get them, but it is fun to see them in the parade.

But I am so excited :banana::banana:, the stars have been announced for SWW. We will get to see Billie Dee Williams and Ray Park! We don't ever get the autographs, not willing to get there that early for the FP to get them, but it is fun to see them in the parade.

Billie Dee Williams -- that is so cool!! But I don't remember who Ray Park is.

I am seriously going to look into ADRs today. I want to get that planned out, at least. Robert & I talked about doing Hollywood & Vine that first day, but since we are going to MK the first day instead, we might do something at a resort, or at DTD.

I don't have illusions about Boma's -- so if not that, maybe something we've never done before! We're talking about it now...

But I don't remember who Ray Park is.

Ray Park was Darth Maul, Jacob's favorite SW character! Well, Darth Vader may be, I'm not sure. He likes the bad guys.:confused3 He was also Toad in X-Men and just looked him up on IMDB and he was Edgar on Heroes, don't you watch heroes?

Sorry about Boma, but not one of my favorites either. What about one of the other restaurants there at AK? We liked Liberty Tree Tavern at MK. Biergarten at Epcot, shoot shouldn't have said that. Now I want to go.

I just noticed the countdown -- 2 months, 2 weeks, and 2 days!!! Well, actually, I never changed mine, but it should be only 1 day!! :cool1:

I have been a little behind, so I am catching up on your PTR. I love the pins and t-shirts. You got yourself a cute Mickey one too!!! Also, great job on the yard sale. :thumbsup2 I had to laugh at your comments about the mug thread. I read that one last week and decided there were some grumpy people on the board. We decided to do the QSDP this year becaue we got a pin code for it free. Well, actually someone in our grand gathering got one. It will be our first try with it, but I am excited about the 2 snacks a day.:cool1:

I have been a little behind, so I am catching up on your PTR. I love the pins and t-shirts. You got yourself a cute Mickey one too!!! Also, great job on the yard sale. :thumbsup2 I had to laugh at your comments about the mug thread. I read that one last week and decided there were some grumpy people on the board. We decided to do the QSDP this year becaue we got a pin code for it free. Well, actually someone in our grand gathering got one. It will be our first try with it, but I am excited about the 2 snacks a day.:cool1:

LOL!! I am so excited about the 2 snacks a day, too!!! :lmao: It reminds me of how Jay Leno always exclaims on the Tonight Show: just how food-obsessed are we???

Thanks about the yard sale & the stuff...we buy the stuff, we sell it. Well, I've got my little "stash o' cash" stuffed away...it's so funny, what do you do with a stack of cash when you put everything on your debit & credit card? :laughing:

OK, I need to ask a stupid, off topic question. How do you get the countdown ticker to remain in your threads?

OK, I need to ask a stupid, off topic question. How do you get the countdown ticker to remain in your threads?

You go into your profile here on the boards and put the link they give you at the website where you build them into your signature block. :) If I'm not mistaken, they kind of lead you through it on the website -- just copy & paste it into your signature block when you edit your profile.

I think I re-learn how to do it each time!! :lmao:

After much deliberation, we decided that the first full day of our stay would have the DDP -- since we have one night stay at the Beach Club Villas, we could do this! Our first day, if I haven't been clear already, will be spent at Magic Kingdom. And, the selected table service dining for that evening will be....

(drumroll)
:rolleyes1
:confused3
:sad2:
:idea:

Ohana!! :cheer2: party:

Our ADR is for 5:10pm, so no characters there...here's the description from the WDW site:

"The Ohana servers contribute to the festive atmosphere, as they dash between tikis and tropical greenery to bring plates of Polynesian specialties to your table. Choose from skewers roasted over an expansive 18-foot oak fire pit, such as:

Asian Barbequed Pork Loin Skewers
Oak Grilled Turkey Skewers
Marinated Sirloin Steak Skewer
Marinated Shrimp
Side dishes include stir-fried vegetables, fried dumplings, lo mein noodles and a salad starter. The full bar in 'Ohana offers select wines and tropical alcoholic drinks.

When the doors open for dinner, be welcomed to Ohana with the bellow of conch shells. Experience storytellers and coconut races, where children sweep coconuts with brooms across the hardwood floor down the center of the restaurant. The family fun continues as everyone is encouraged to play with hula hoops and dance to island music."

We went to Ohana for the character breakfast the very first time we stayed in WDW, which was at the Poly. Here are some pics from that time:

23774_1249322955980_1316648229_30589317_3558903_n.jpg

23774_1249322995981_1316648229_30589318_4413140_n.jpg

They did a party parade around the restaurant, with Mickey in the lead!
23774_1249323035982_1316648229_30589319_1819843_n.jpg

My DD was having a great time joining in...will she want to join in the festivities this next time?
23774_1249323075983_1316648229_30589320_1976735_n.jpg

23774_1249323115984_1316648229_30589321_2621471_n.jpg

So, we'll go to MK from rope drop through noon or so, then back to the hotel for rest & relaxation & "getting to know your resort" for Melissa and her family -- then hop on a bus to MK and the monorail to the Poly. ?? :confused3 I think this is the best course. And then, having had an early dinner, back to MK for the "closing ceremonies!"

I think this is a great way to begin our week. :goodvibes

Sounds like a great plan for your first day! We have an ADR for Ohana too and I'm looking forward to trying it.

Your first day sounds ideal. We love 'Ohana. My husband actually makes it a requirement that we go every trip and he doesn't have to twist my arm. You are really starting things off on just the right foot. Can't wait to hear what is next.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter