Share a WDW moment: It’s a Star Wars Weekend! It's today - BUH-BYE!!!!

I love, love, LOVE your luggage tags!! School and wedding planning have kept me away from the boards for a bit, but I'm all caught up now!

Thank you! It's so funny -- I have looked and looked for some kind of different Disney luggage identifiers/tags and the few I found all seemed too much for what I wanted to pay...then, one day, scrounging through the clearance area of the Disney store, I find these -- several of them! :yay:

And, I will unashamedly admit: I love the Disney Outlet store! (I'm so cheap!) :rotfl:

I'd do Epcot 3 times in a row if I thought I could get away with it. :thumbsup2 We all really like Epcot. I wouldn't say I like MK or Epcot more than the other since each one is so different. But we definately like Epcot just as much as MK. Many of our ADRs are in Epcot.

Your schedule looks great! I see you're going to AK once. We do the same thing. So far, we can do everything we want to do with only going there one day.

I feel exactly the same way -- MK and Epcot -- love them both for different reasons. Have to do both twice. The only reason I'd go back to AK again is if I had park hoppers and could swing back and do Expedition Everest again...that is, by far, my favorite rollercoaster!!!! :woohoo:

Schedule sounds great, and they may extend hours once it gets closer. Seems like they did last year.

One thought, since you have AK on an EMH morning, make sure you get there in time for EMH. AK is the worst park for crowds in my Opinion. Plus it is the hottest park! We had so much fun last time. AK was our first park together.

I think staying late at MK on that last day is going to be a blast, wish I could be there.

Oh, the reason Vickie wants us to ride the bus is because last summer, DHS was our last day together. We drove over and got there before the gates opened, and they rode the bus and got stuck in a line of buses to unload. The FP line for TSMM was all the way back to Walt's Dream by the time they got there. But we still had a great time!

And since you mentioned Epcot, guess where I am going today! Jacob and I are heading over to hang out in the Aquarium since we never take the time to do so. So much to do, I don't have time to look at fish!!!:lmao:

Have a great day everyone!

And since you mentioned Epcot, guess where I am going today! Jacob and I are heading over to hang out in the Aquarium since we never take the time to do so. So much to do, I don't have time to look at fish!!!:lmao:

We went through the aquarium back in 2003 (before Nemo), and I know it's changed so much since then. It was so huge and had so much to look at that you can spend a lot of time there -- it's an attraction all on its own!

My daughter had her birthday party the second week of February, and invited her closest friends, including Natalie.
They went skating after cake & presents, and then came back for a sleep over.

The main thing about this party from the WDW planning aspect: Natalie's mom said they were saving for the flight price, and had about 1/2 of it already -- and should have the rest by the beginning of March! That was great news, and kind of helped cement her going with us...!

Here they are at the lighting of the cake...Natalie is the one leaning on the counter, and Jordan is in the red shirt to the right.

18760_1218035293808_1316648229_30523314_3643091_n.jpg

With this bit of news, I proceeded with one of my traditions for every WDW trip. Beginning the first morning that we wake up at WDW and ending the last park morning, I set out a Disney present for my DD before she wakes up. It truly enhances the magic of the day to see her wake up to something new and special! We even did this the last trip last year, when we took our DGD, and she really enjoyed it. If you are looking to save some $$, it does help to have bought some of these things at a discount! Not only that, but it helps curb the enthusiasm to spend, spend spend!!

Here are the two shirts I bought for the first day for the girls (I have a hard time picking ANY toys for them...just doesn't seem right anymore)...! :confused3

18760_1218519425911_1316648229_30524346_7145486_n.jpg

I have an idea who will get what, but I'll be open for them to swap if they want! :goodvibes

Oh, and I forgot to add: I saved up enough to pay off the flights -- woohoo!! The next paycheck, I'll be putting money away for the tickets...

6 more paychecks *$150 (providing DH doesn't put a stop to this) = $900

3 park tickets = $750

Leaves: $150

Well, that leaves us really short on the food aspect...which isn't comforting. We figured about another $600 - $700 on food for 4 adults.

Man, this is going to have to be one heck of a garage sale!!! :scared1:

Thank you! It's so funny -- I have looked and looked for some kind of different Disney luggage identifiers/tags and the few I found all seemed too much for what I wanted to pay...then, one day, scrounging through the clearance area of the Disney store, I find these -- several of them! :yay:

And, I will unashamedly admit: I love the Disney Outlet store! (I'm so cheap!) :rotfl:

Same here, I have been searching for some not so expensive Disney luggage tags, but no luck as of yet. Here in Vegas we have an outlet store that gets merchandise from Disneyland and WDW, and I absolutely LOVE going there, so I'm right there with you!

I am ALSO right there with you on Epcot. Having only been to WDW once so far, I have to say that I just felt like I didn't get enough even though we went a couple days out of our trip. This year I know we will be in Epcot at some point or another at least two additional days not counting our official Epcot day since we at the moment we have 4 ADRs there, :laughing:!

Your WDW trip tradition is great! I love that idea! Those shirts are really cute, too! I need to start looking for our Disney shirt as well, we've had an official one each year we've gone with our friends.

Your WDW trip tradition is great! I love that idea! Those shirts are really cute, too! I need to start looking for our Disney shirt as well, we've had an official one each year we've gone with our friends.

Thanks -- it's like Christmas, every morning! :banana:

And right now, the outlet store has some cute $6.99 tees for women:

100824M

100827M

I also like that you can get some Disney pins for the kids at really good prices...and if they don't like them, they can use them to trade with!! Like these pins, for $3.99. Yes, just $3.99. Remember how expensive pins can be?

This is my theory, anyway. ;) I'll take pics of the stuff that comes in the mail to me in a few days.... :rolleyes1

Now you've done it! You've showed me cute Disney stuff I can buy! :lmao: At least they're on sale. :thumbsup2

We've never done group shirts but I think we might this year with it being an anniversary trip. Now I'm going to have to go online and look.

Now you've done it! You've showed me cute Disney stuff I can buy! :lmao: At least they're on sale. :thumbsup2

We've never done group shirts but I think we might this year with it being an anniversary trip. Now I'm going to have to go online and look.

Ohhhh!! This last weekend, they had a special -- free personalization for all items! I bought a shirt...DH doesn't know about it...well, it hasn't gotten here, yet... :littleangel:

Too bad -- I should have posted about that special! :sad2:

Now I have to go and look!! I love sales! :laughing: I am hoping we can make it to the Disney Outlet store here in Vegas soon. They usually have the multi-packs of pins, and one year we managed to snag the one with all the baby princesses for about $8! That was a good trading buy! :thumbsup2

I can't wait to see all your pictures!!

Hey Vickie. Great news on getting the plane tickets paid for.

I had an idea for tshirts to wear to SWW, I need to find the pic I wanted to use. It's a Stormtrooper sitting in an interogation room, with his hands on his head, caption: "Those were the droids you were looking for!" I'll find it and post it.

I also took some pics of something new you will have to do at Epcot. I'll post them later for you.

Sorry not feeling well today, getting ready to find the couch again.

And I may pick up some pins for the girls. We have a Disney Outlet up the road from us with park merchandise in it. Lots of pins for $3.99.

Off to find that couch now.

I began web-surfing for flights. Don't we all do this, now? Does anyone CALL for a flight anymore?

Airlines have phones? :confused3;)

And THEN!!! When I tried to pick the seats...! They wanted to CHARGE me for the seats. I was like, $%^% ^%@ @#@!!??? What am I paying for, the privilege of standing in the aisle?? Then I figured, if you don't BOOK the seats and wait for them to place you, they don't charge you. But I couldn't believe it. Not just the luggage (which of course, isn't in this price), but charging you for the SEAT?? Oh, and they had different prices for different seats.
:mad::mad:

Ridunkulous.

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Believe it or not, we have never checked out any of the arcades! Do they take cash, or KTTWC? It seems like I remember someone talking about getting arcade $$ with a dining plan, but that may have been incorrect news...I don't ever remember seeing that on any official WDW sites.

The arcades take cash or credit. You get a little card with the money loaded onto it. Last year we got an arcade card with a money on it when we booked a package. That might be what you are thinking of.

Do you guys like to do Epcot twice in a row? I feel like I can't get enough of the place and always want to go back the very next day. I struggled whether to break that up...

I think you might enjoy EPCOT better with two days in a row. I can't see a down side.

Man, this is going to have to be one heck of a garage sale!!! :scared1:

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

So glad your DD's friend is joining you and that you decided to arrive on Friday. I think the extra time will be great. We didn't the sing-a-long and marshmellow roast a bunch of times at Fort Wilderness. It was a blast.

4-Jun-10 Fri Arrive
5-Jun-10 Saturday MK 9am - 10pm
6-Jun-10 Sunday DHS 9am - 9pm
7-Jun-10 Monday AK 9am - 6pm EMH 8am-9am
8-Jun-10 Tues Epcot 9am - 9pm EMH 9pm -12am
9-Jun-10 Weds Epcot 9am - 9pm
10-Jun-10 Thurs Mostly free, DSH 9am - 9pm
11-Jun-10 Fri MK 9am - 11pm EMH 11 - 2am
12-Jun-10 Saturday Leave afternoon

Me again.

Are you going to Fantasmic on Sunday? We are planning on a day of rest and then Fantasmic (with a million other people).

We will be at MK on Sat too. If you see a little princess bossing around 4 adults, be sure to say hi.

Are you going to a park before you leave Sat?

We are jumping in now, and will be there June 5-10, so look out for us too!

Me again.

Are you going to Fantasmic on Sunday? We are planning on a day of rest and then Fantasmic (with a million other people).

We will be at MK on Sat too. If you see a little princess bossing around 4 adults, be sure to say hi.

Are you going to a park before you leave Sat?

OMGosh, we have our first two parks identical?? :lmao: That is funny -- but cool! That really increases the likelihood of seeing each other! I want to see Fantasmic, because we didn't get to see it for our last trip...so I think that's the plan for now. (Like I said before...they don't plan, so they follow mine!)

If we don't use our 7th optional day on our Thursday, then we will use it for our last Saturday -- otherwise, we'll probably do DTD on that Saturday.

We are jumping in now, and will be there June 5-10, so look out for us too!

Oh, yay! :woohoo: Now there are three of us!! Do you have a '10 PTR? I can guess two things: you're a mom, and have a DD! :laughing:

Okay, I'm more smarty than smart, but definitely want to hear more! :)

You have to get you some Lime Green Mickey Heads! That way other Dis'ers can spot you!. Aren't you glad I finally got you into the Dis. I'm still trying to decide if Facebook was a good idea.:rotfl2:

I was watching a news report yesterday and thought of you and the airline charging for seats. Were those seats on the rows with extra leg room? Several airlines are now charging for that additional leg room. And we thought charging for the first bag was nuts!

You have to get you some Lime Green Mickey Heads! That way other Dis'ers can spot you!. Aren't you glad I finally got you into the Dis. I'm still trying to decide if Facebook was a good idea.:rotfl2:

I was watching a news report yesterday and thought of you and the airline charging for seats. Were those seats on the rows with extra leg room? Several airlines are now charging for that additional leg room. And we thought charging for the first bag was nuts!

I had some of those a long time ago when you told me about them, but I lost them in a move.

And, no -- it was for EVERY seat that they were charging!! The seats with extra leg room were MORE, but the regular seats were $6 each. I think the others were $10 and $12 (for "premium"). It's a stinking, ugly marketing ploy. Some marketing ploys are cute, but these are truly inconvenient and ugly. If you wait until you board to get your seats, you probably won't get to sit together because all will be left are middle seats. and no one will want to switch with you so you can sit with your family.
:mad:

Now I'm mad again!!

OKay, I have a silly question. Where do you get lime green Mickey heads and what do you do with them once you have them? I know they're used to spot other DISsers but I'm clueless about everything else.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter