• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sharing on dining plan

What a great question!! And I'm so glad I opened up to see all of your answers -- that I'm happy to now know.

We're heading to WDW on Saturday :cheer2: with our 8 year old DD (turning 9 while we're there) and 4 year old DS. They aren't big eaters -- often sharing a kids' meal and eating off my plate. I'm so happy to know we can share dinners, except for the buffets. :thumbsup2

Thanks for the info!!

stupid question..
We are going to wdw on the dining plan...we have a TS planned my parents who are not on the plan will be meeting us for one dinner can we share meals and pay for their dinner with our credits????

kritter said:
stupid question..
We are going to wdw on the dining plan...we have a TS planned my parents who are not on the plan will be meeting us for one dinner can we share meals and pay for their dinner with our credits????

I believe you can do this. You only have to show one card when paying so they wouldnt know if they werent on the plan anyway.And if sharing is allowed I dont see why you couldnt.I've heard of people giving other tables extra TS they had so this should be fine.I have not done it but I would think it would be fine.

Your key card shows how many people you have and if they are adults or children. Lets say your card says 3 adults and 1 child. Many people have reported that they had no problem buying different than that like say 4 adult meals or even 5 meals altogether...as long as they still had credits left. I even saw posts about getting to the end of vacation and having credits so trying to treat the people at the next table. However more than once I have seen a post where they weren't able to do so. There was a post recently with an exerpt from an older post where someone had saved and planned credits yet at the end of the meal were told they couldnt have 4 adult meals at one time cause the card said 3A 1C. So while chances would be pretty good you could, I wouldnt absolutely count on being able to treat a guest. Like a lot of other things it really seems to depend on who is serving you and their own personal interpretation.

Thanks for the great thread. I just made our ADR's and am trying to figure out how to get the most TS meals. The 11 yr old is very picky and I don't eat much so we should have extra to get more TS meals.

This DP is :confused3 .
Can you use more than one ts a day. We are doing Ohauna breakfast, if we decide to have dinner ts that day also can we just use extra credits?

Thank you in advance for any answers. I come up with more all the time. First time I am talking entire family to Disney.

We are doing 'Ohana breakfast, if we decide to have dinner ts that day also can we just use extra credits?

You can use the credits whenever you see fit. So, yes, there is NO problem with doing 'Ohana and (say) Liberty Tree Tavern later that same day. Just save room in your tummy! :rotfl2:

We have ressies on the DDP for the Fantasmic Package at Mama Melrose. Last year, it was way too much food for the two of us. Does anyone know if we could share there, for one credit. Or, maybe I could just order an appetizer OOP? Would that mess up our tickets, since the idea is to have preferred entry to Fantasmic?

Thanks!

jsantini said:
We have ressies on the DDP for the Fantasmic Package at Mama Melrose. Last year, it was way too much food for the two of us. Does anyone know if we could share there, for one credit. Or, maybe I could just order an appetizer OOP? Would that mess up our tickets, since the idea is to have preferred entry to Fantasmic?

Thanks!

You aren't allowed to share on the Fantasmic package.

Say my card says 2A, 1C but I want to use 4A credits at one meal ( not including the child). Can't I just present 2 cards to eliminate any hassle? Is there a way they can distinguish if both cards are from the same room?

Thank you for this thread! I'm still trying to figure this out.

Our girls go to bed REALLY early -- like 6:30pm when they HAVEN'T spent a full day playing at Disney! So, our plan is to get several sitters the week we're at Disney so that we can go out and have some adult time. At least a few nights, we plan on going to dinner. . .

SO, I have a few questions about sharing.

Is it really OK to share at sit-down meals? If I make a reservation at Coral Reef for 2 adults and 2 children, and then only order one adult and one child meal, that's fine?

My youngest will be 2.5 years old. So, technically, she eats free. That means it's fine for her to share a buffet with us, right? What if we want to attend Cinderella's breakfast or something? Does she pay?

Speaking of attending a character breakfast. . . Suppose DH and I want to go along, but don't want to "waste" our credits by eating . . . Can we do that? I'd rather have a piece of toast that morning in my room (we're staying at BCV) and save the credits (and calories!) for a nice dinner that night.

Thanks in advance!

all seats are payed for at character/family style/ayce restaurants. However there have been different reports as to what that means. When I asked about taking my dd to Akershus and not eating I was told NO - no alternatives were given. But others have said there has been "a character fee" or some other lower cost. Under 3 is an exception but I dont know how they work it at crt...I dont even know how the breakfast there works. Under 3 is free at buffets/family style and can share from your plate everywhere else.

Thanks for all the info. I had this same question. I'm trying to decide if it is worth it for DH & I for our December trip. Since we can share except for pre-plated and buffet style meals, it may be worth it for us. If I do it, I will probably leave an extra tip for the server since they had to serve 2 people and only one tip would be included from the DDP.

Someone asked early on about having food boxed up to go on the DDP. Olivias, at OKW does NOT allow you to take your desserts to go...like many of the other sit downs do. We always take our dessert to go, since we just aren't ready for it (too stuffed) and they wouldn't let us.

Am I understanding this right? No sharing at character meals? I mean, I can understand no sharing at a buffet, but is it not allowed at Cinderella's RT?

We were planing on doing either 2 adults 0 kid or 1 adult 1 kid to save credits. So, obviously someone would be sharing. This is for dd's birthday, and I don't think she'd even like the dinner choices for kids.

Anybody know how this works? TIA!

TBGOES2DISNEY said:
Am I understanding this right? No sharing at character meals? I mean, I can understand no sharing at a buffet, but is it not allowed at Cinderella's RT?

We were planing on doing either 2 adults 0 kid or 1 adult 1 kid to save credits. So, obviously someone would be sharing. This is for dd's birthday, and I don't think she'd even like the dinner choices for kids.

Anybody know how this works? TIA!

CRT is considered a pre plated meal so no, you cannot share. It is also considered a signature meal so it would cost each of you 2 dining credits for the meal. To eat there it would be 4 adult credits and 2 childs credits. If you don't want to use all of your credits for CRT, you can pay OOP for it and save your credits.

jnordan said:
My youngest will be 2.5 years old. So, technically, she eats free. That means it's fine for her to share a buffet with us, right? What if we want to attend Cinderella's breakfast or something? Does she pay?

I haven't been to CRT for breakfast since 2004 but I doubt that it has changed too much. At that time the under 3's did get their own plate but not quite the same. I think they just got scrambled eggs and french toast-not bacon.

powellrj said:
CRT is considered a pre plated meal so no, you cannot share. It is also considered a signature meal so it would cost each of you 2 dining credits for the meal. To eat there it would be 4 adult credits and 2 childs credits. If you don't want to use all of your credits for CRT, you can pay OOP for it and save your credits.

Okay, so no sharing whatsoever, or just on the dining plan? Can you share if you are paying OOP? Or must everyone have their own meal or each use 2 TS credits?
:(

I was just thinking and granted I'm no expert, but how could they stop you from sharing food at the table. Say a family of 4 sits down to order and the husband and children order and the wife doesn't. They can't force her to order something or leave can they? And once the food comes whats to stop her from eating with her husband. I mean the CM is not going to stand at the table during the meal and monitor whos eating what right?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter