Sheraton Vistana Resort v. Wyndham Bonnet Creek

dreajoy

Earning My Ears
Historically we have ALWAYS stayed on property - and I love being in the Disney Bubble. BUT I have two boys and there is no way I can stay in one room with them for two weeks, and also no way I can afford Disney prices for a 2 bedroom suite at a Disney Hotel.

That being said, which resort is "better" - I realize this is subjective - but which one will fee like I'm still apart of the Disney Bubble? And which one has nicer rooms etc?

Thanks so much for the advice!

Historically we have ALWAYS stayed on property - and I love being in the Disney Bubble. BUT I have two boys and there is no way I can stay in one room with them for two weeks, and also no way I can afford Disney prices for a 2 bedroom suite at a Disney Hotel.

That being said, which resort is "better" - I realize this is subjective - but which one will fee like I'm still apart of the Disney Bubble? And which one has nicer rooms etc?

Thanks so much for the advice!
Objectively, WBC is inside the Disney welcome signs. Vistana isn’t. That made it easy for me.

To me WBC is more over the top like a Disney resort. The high rise buildings are circled around a lake with numerous pools and lazy rivers for you to chose to use. Also a chance you may be able to see Disney fireworks from your room. I also like there are two garages you may park in to get your car out of the Florida sun. Several places to eat on property.

Have stayed at both in two bedroom units ...

WBC:
- You have to go on Disney property to get to it so you feel like you are on property.
- Many units have views of Disney icons and hotels and fireworks.
- Units are in towers, some with lovely views from open air balconies.
- Units are accessed by indoor hallways with outside doors also having security locks.
- Units are bright and airy, roomy and well appointed.
- Kitchens are open to and part of the living area which is nice.
- Grills outside easy to get to.
- Access to many pools, easy to get to walking around lake path, though maybe not close.
- Typical timeshare resort type activities.
- Couple quick dining and bar options, around the lake.
- Parking garages as option but you won't necessarily be right by your unit.
- Have stayed here with 2, 3, 4 and 5 of us.

SVR:
- East of I-4 (some units on I-4) minutes to parks, DS and LOTS of dining options.
- Units are in buildings only a few floors, none with really any views other than the property.
- Units have screened in porches, some look at ponds and lush landscape.
- Complex feels more like a living community than resort community.
- Units open direct to outside, even the porches have doors going out.
- Unit was very roomy with spacious bedrooms.
- So far I've only had beautifully decorated units.
- Units are darker, due to layouts and the trees/landscaping.
- Access to many pools, slides, hot tubs but beyond your own community one, car is needed.
- Typical timeshare resort type activities but may need car.
- Couple fun dining and bar options, but we stuck with walkable areas.
- Parking is right outside unit, although at times there were no spots for us close by.
- Have stayed here with 3 of us.

Prices vary all over the place due to booking options but for this fall, WBC was TWICE the amount for SVR. I was getting ready to book SVR but decided to go with Embassy Suites with points since just two of us.

Have stayed at both in two bedroom units ...

WBC:
- You have to go on Disney property to get to it so you feel like you are on property.
- Many units have views of Disney icons and hotels and fireworks.
- Units are in towers, some with lovely views from open air balconies.
- Units are accessed by indoor hallways with outside doors also having security locks.
- Units are bright and airy, roomy and well appointed.
- Kitchens are open to and part of the living area which is nice.
- Grills outside easy to get to.
- Access to many pools, easy to get to walking around lake path, though maybe not close.
- Typical timeshare resort type activities.
- Couple quick dining and bar options, around the lake.
- Parking garages as option but you won't necessarily be right by your unit.
- Have stayed here with 2, 3, 4 and 5 of us.

SVR:
- East of I-4 (some units on I-4) minutes to parks, DS and LOTS of dining options.
- Units are in buildings only a few floors, none with really any views other than the property.
- Units have screened in porches, some look at ponds and lush landscape.
- Complex feels more like a living community than resort community.
- Units open direct to outside, even the porches have doors going out.
- Unit was very roomy with spacious bedrooms.
- So far I've only had beautifully decorated units.
- Units are darker, due to layouts and the trees/landscaping.
- Access to many pools, slides, hot tubs but beyond your own community one, car is needed.
- Typical timeshare resort type activities but may need car.
- Couple fun dining and bar options, but we stuck with walkable areas.
- Parking is right outside unit, although at times there were no spots for us close by.
- Have stayed here with 3 of us.

Prices vary all over the place due to booking options but for this fall, WBC was TWICE the amount for SVR. I was getting ready to book SVR but decided to go with Embassy Suites with points since just two of us.
That was super helpful! Thank you!!

Having stayed at both , I would give WBC a slight nod for feeling more “in the bubble” . However, SVR is maybe 2-3 minutes further from the parks so the actual distance is negligible. The main difference in feeling “in the bubble” is going under that Welcome sign .. with WBC you only do it on arrival day, with SVR you will pass it daily .
That being said , both are lovely properties . We were diehard onsite fans for many trips until our kids got older and our needs for space and privacy changed. I reluctantly tried offsite and I was so impressed with what I could get for my money compared to a Disney room , that we’ve not been back onsite in several years .

I prefer WBC for location by a tiny margin , and being able to see fireworks from some rooms or areas is nice . In every other way I preferred SVR . It felt quieter , more relaxing , slightly nicer inside the units.

Overall you really can’t go wrong with either IMO. I priced out WBC for Canadian Spring Break just yesterday. It was going to be over $1600 for the week and there was no availability anywhere I checked. Vacatiion Strategy offered me Vistana in a 2 bdrm for $940 for that same peak crowds week . Sold ! $640 in difference is a huge savings ( especially when you consider exchange !) and I am more than happy to stay there . Check out the dedicated threads for both resorts for more info .
Happy Planning !

Having stayed at both , I would give WBC a slight nod for feeling more “in the bubble” . However, SVR is maybe 2-3 minutes further from the parks so the actual distance is negligible. The main difference in feeling “in the bubble” is going under that Welcome sign .. with WBC you only do it on arrival day, with SVR you will pass it daily .
That being said , both are lovely properties . We were diehard onsite fans for many trips until our kids got older and our needs for space and privacy changed. I reluctantly tried offsite and I was so impressed with what I could get for my money compared to a Disney room , that we’ve not been back onsite in several years .

I prefer WBC for location by a tiny margin , and being able to see fireworks from some rooms or areas is nice . In every other way I preferred SVR . It felt quieter , more relaxing , slightly nicer inside the units.

Overall you really can’t go wrong with either IMO. I priced out WBC for Canadian Spring Break just yesterday. It was going to be over $1600 for the week and there was no availability anywhere I checked. Vacatiion Strategy offered me Vistana in a 2 bdrm for $940 for that same peak crowds week . Sold ! $640 in difference is a huge savings ( especially when you consider exchange !) and I am more than happy to stay there . Check out the dedicated threads for both resorts for more info .
Happy Planning !
Thank you! That was super helpful!!

I have only stayed at the Sheraton Vistana Resort, not WBC. We really like the landscaping at the Vistana and that most of the patios and balconies have the water views. We are a tennis playing family too and the nine clay court and four hard courts there (lighted too with a tennis center), make that resort a no brainer for us. We've stayed at many other great places too. We have never considered WBC because of the lack of tennis courts.

If you want to check out the Vistana in greater detail, @bankr63 runs an awesome thread that will tell you everything you want to know. You can find that thread here:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/the-sheraton-vistana-resort-thread.3148502/

I personally haven't stayed at WBC, but am a regular (2-3 times per year) at the Vistana. It's a beautiful property in a fantastic location. We love the low-rise building styles, as it makes it feel less "hotel-like" and more "resort-y" to us. Not only do they have tennis courts as @kathy884 mentioned above, but they also have basketball courts (which was a must for our son when we were trying to decide between the two properties many years ago). It's an easy drive to ANY of the parks (Disney, Universal or SeaWorld) from SVR, so its been a perfect home base for us for any of our Orlando vacations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter