Shhhh super secret trip pre trip report

Disneyfanswicklow

Disney Fanatic!
Hi all :wave2:

Delighted to be on here starting a new pre trip report and this one is a secret one ...for now ;)

Cast:

Me Jo Disney mad &

DD my sidekick when it comes to DLRP - rest of my family just don't get Disney :confused3

When:

17 to 21 November 2014 - Xmas Season :santa:

Where:

The big Pink Palace :lovestruc DLH

Our last trip was June 2013 the one where I celebrated a big birthday and went all out but then lost my camera on last day so had no photos of my magical birthday trip :worried: I vowed on last day I would return and try recapture those moments :stir:

Flashback to last November and reading through all of the wonderful trip reports on here detailing how wonderful Christmas season was.....I started thinking hmmm would love to go for Christmas season - have been at end of Christmas season where decorations were still up but none of the other magical Christmas things! I didn't like the heat of last trip and found it extremely tiring and have always preferred the colder weather of our usual trips January, february or March so when reading all about thew magic of Christmas I got to wishing and dreaming and started pricing up trips. I got a very good super early booker deal which gave me 4 nights 5 days at the Disneyland Hotel for us both - less than 1,000 euros which is way less than I have paid previously - looked at flights and couldn't believe how reasonable they were on the release day....so got booking!!!! :yay:

My dd had her junior cert year ahead and I thought it would be a lovely surprise end to a stressful year for her :hug: but I don't want to associate the holiday with exam results so will have to tell her soon as the results will be out during this month - I know she will be over the moon as she is disney daft too! I have sent off for by email to get those disney cert tickets that others have got and intend telling her then :cool1: so hopefully next week shall be the reveal date! I want her to be involved in the planning of our trip - meals plan of attack on parks etc :cloud9:

Things I am really looking forward to are the new ratatouille ride and eating at chez remy - loved Kizzy's review of the restaurant. Christmas Cavalcade, the snow on main street, tree lighting ceremony and drinking lots and lots of hot chocolates!

Things I will miss are the characters around the hotel!!! Last time we stayed at the DLH I loved the amount of characters that you had random meets with and have so many photos of my girls playing in the corridors of the hotel with chip and dale and friends. I am looking forward to the greet by characters at EMH and hope this will make up for lack of characters at the hotel.

I hope my daughter will want to eat at same places as me ....Walts, Blue Lagoon, Chez Remy and Inventions and snack at Annettes, Toad Hall....will book at 60 days to go ;)

Have no idea what the crowds will be like but am looking forward to taking my time and seeing as much as I can in the shorter park hours - but staying for 5 days - arriving early first day and leaving late last day to maximise our time.

Have booked Ezy Shuttle for our transfers as love their friendly efficient service.

Any must dos or tips for Christmas season would be warmly welcomed :thumbsup2 and will let you know how the reveal goes too!

Xmas at the DLH sounds fab. hope your DD is happy with her JC results!

Congratulations on your booking. We went during Christmas season, last minute trip and it was so amazing I nearly booked again for this year, but have chosen Halloween instead.

I'm sure you'll both have a fabulous time - it really is such a magical time to go :goodvibes

Look forward to hearing how the surprise goes :)

Oooo so jealous! Christmas season last year was great! And looking at your dates I reckon it will be REALLY quiet! We were there Monday - Saturday the week before Christmas and it was really quiet all week until the Saturday! lol

C x

Awh Jo what a great time you ladies will have! Its going to be just fabulous!
Sorry, I'm only catching up now.
Love the meal plans, we're toying with Annettes too, its been a while! Too long. Those milkshakes, yum!
When are you breaking it to Olly?
The tree lighting ceremony and Dreams Christmas show will be super! Fingers crossed there will be something in the Chaparal theatre too, hopefully the next few weeks will tell us more. I'm glued to dedicated to DLP and InsideDLP for snippets of news and rumours!
Lots to fit in so EMH is going to be a must I think. DH will be thrilled :rotfl2:
I cannot believe we are going to miss you by a couple of days, gutted!
Kiz
xxx

Hi kizzy....can't believe how fast the trip is coming around...so so excited. Am hoping the Disney cert things come this week so I can break the news to her lol can't wait to see her face!!!! Her junior cert results will be out week after next and really don't want to associate the two....so will tell her regardless next week! :-D

So many exciting revelations recently I too am glued to dlrp site...delighted with closures list too!!! Btm eek so excited to get to ride it again fingers crossed it behaves and remains open!!! Only real loss to me is rock and roller coaster :-( but there is so much else to do coaster ride am sure we will be fine.

Dying to see the Christmas tree lighting ceremony.... Just know there will be tears ;-)

Can't believe we miss each other again!!!!

Will let you know how the reveal goes. X

Omg I thought she would be pleased..... She is ecstatic!!!!!!! Best reaction ever obviously not expecting this at all! I made a coaster for her cup out of an old breakaway luggage tag.....the Minnie ears one......gave her a hot chocolate done with marshmallows and sprinkles and fresh whipped cream and said this will cheer you up....she was just back from a hike in school for Gaisce award and was tired and miserable...... She said ah just like disney hotel with the coaster and I said will have to go check see if it is actually the same.....loved her face when it dawned on her....thought I was videoing on my phone but it had turned itself off!!!! Delighted with her reaction :-D

The other big news is hubby can get to Paris for our last two days.... So so happy.....will need some advice on getting him put on room ;-) booked his flights and got him seat beside us coming home :-D

Great relation :cool1:
Wish we could of seen I have the same bother with technology stuff just never works for me !!.
Glad DH can join you for some of it you will be able to add hi to the room no prob I would email to let them know before you trip.
It will be a few euro a night will you just get him a 2 day park ticket ?
That shouldn't be to expensive.
Happy planning not jealous that you are going to meet Anna and Elisa at all !!!!
:cloud9:

Omg I thought she would be pleased..... She is ecstatic!!!!!!! Best reaction ever obviously not expecting this at all! I made a coaster for her cup out of an old breakaway luggage tag.....the Minnie ears one......gave her a hot chocolate done with marshmallows and sprinkles and fresh whipped cream and said this will cheer you up....she was just back from a hike in school for Gaisce award and was tired and miserable...... She said ah just like disney hotel with the coaster and I said will have to go check see if it is actually the same.....loved her face when it dawned on her....thought I was videoing on my phone but it had turned itself off!!!! Delighted with her reaction :-D

The other big news is hubby can get to Paris for our last two days.... So so happy.....will need some advice on getting him put on room ;-) booked his flights and got him seat beside us coming home :-D

Thrilled!!! Great reveal Jo :thumbsup2
And your DH coming along. All you do is add him upon check in, have you got an AP or does he need tickets? Buy them separately if not. You could order a cheap Francilen AP via post this week, forego the 2nd and 3rd not avoidable blackout day as it would be during the time that it would be in the post and staying onsite will automatically override any blackout dates plus you would have discounts on food and purchases. So for €129 you would have an AP plus save 10% on all purchases and meals. You would need it in your own name to allow you to use it over the length of your stay and it would cost another €4 approx then to add your DH to the hotel. Bargain :cool1:
Its really easy to apply via post. You need two passport photos, a copy of your credit card (photocopied back and front) a copy of your passport or other ID (photocopied back and front) and the completed, signed form. I'll be back with the link to the info thread but for now heres the details for the AP

http://www.dlpguide.com/planning/booking/annual-passports/

And a big congrats on your DDs results. Bet you are one super proud Mammy!! :dance3::dance3::dance3:

Thanks so much Kizzy for all that info.....I should have waited ....I bought him a 1 day 2 park hopper but really cheap 46 euro....I never even considered an ap! Always assumed they were too expensive :confused3 should have known someone on here would have it sussed!.....Sure I will just have to go again! :cheer2:

So when checking in I just tell reception husband will be joining us in 3 days - I don't need to have an ap or anything just to pay room tax. Will they let him buy breakfast have heard it has gone up in DH so think he may have to pay 30 euros per day!!! he can eat in Park on the Friday as he will have a ticket for that day ....I may take a pan o choc back to room on thursday ;).

Delighted he is able to join us....he is going to a work thing in Paris on Thursday and won't be back until about 10pm so no point buying a ticket for that day! I presume he will have no problem getting a train back to DLRP at that time of night????

So so excited - keep chopping and changing my meal times....doing Inventions on the Wednesday night thats the night dh joins us and he loves the buffet there! Also know am having dinner at chez remy on Monday....plan to use our hotel fastpass on the ride and then have dinner :yay:....must go make more plans ;)

Just caught up with this Disnyfanswicklow - sounds great! :goodvibes

I remember we were there around the same time as you in June 13 when you lost your camera.

From what I've read here and on TA once you pay the tax for an add on guest their breakfast is covered so your hubby should be fine to have breakfast with you. :cool1:

Anemone said:
Just caught up with this Disnyfanswicklow - sounds great! :goodvibes

I remember we were there around the same time as you in June 13 when you lost your camera.

From what I've read here and on TA once you pay the tax for an add on guest their breakfast is covered so your hubby should be fine to have breakfast with you. :cool1:

Aw don't remind me about the camera :-( I had hundreds of photos and dh had 6!!!!!!!! Lol wouldn't that be amazing if breakfast was included for that price :-D. Anyone else know about this??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter