Shockingly awful snacks

I'll never understand the Icee type drinks. Even at home I don't like them. I don't find them refreshing or yummy or anything. I withhold judgement on the slushie alcohol drinks though, I've never managed to actually find those.

I was disappointed with the cream cheese pretzel. Just not enough filling. I split it open and ate the guts and got rid of the rest of the pretzel.:rolleyes1

Agreed! Well, except I don't find the cream cheese yummy enough to eat it alone (and I will do it at home with a spoon). I stick with the AK Jalapeño pretzel only. If they tell me they are out of that one, then no pretzel for me.

I survived the Tie-Dyed Cheesecake at Pop. WAAAY over-rated. Years ago, they had AH-MA-ZING cherry water ice at DTD, but not sure if that is still the case. Also had a caramel apple from the Karmelkuche that was singularly unimpressive and pricey, although the duck nagging me for it would disagree. But then I got another plain caramel apple from a shop in DL that was to die for. I think the Werther's caramel doesn't cut it for me. So I'll stick to the Disney ones if I do it again. And I wasn't blown away by the Dole Whips, I had the orange-vanilla one and I was REALLY looking forward to it. It did taste pretty chemical-ish. But that one, I'd try it again, maybe.

I sure will miss those Main Street Cinnamon buns! It does not feel like a trip without them.

I must confess: I've never eaten a turkey leg. Or a churro. Or a Mickey pop. Pretty sure I haven't eaten a krispy treat, either. Also nay on the school bread and pretzels. I blow all my snack money on a Ghiradelli's sundae and then head back to Auntie Gravity at MK :)

I agree with the less than impressive pineapple dole whip...I could not understand what all the fuss was about...even DH didn't care for it and he eats anything.

I did, however, discover that soft pretzels taste so much better than usual when they are shaped like Mickey Mouse! And WDW popcorn has some sort of addictive ingredient!popcorn::

I agree with a few of these like the turkey legs and the cake pops, but as someone already wrote, I wouldn't give up on trying them just because someone else does not like them. For me, one of my Epcot highlights is stopping by the margarita stand in Mexico and getting a margarita (or two) to start off a hot afternoon. I have had the margaritas inside and I admit, they are better, but to me there is nothing like getting one at that little kiosk!

Oh, and just a little side story that I thought was funny. On our last trip in June, we bought our 2 1/2 year old a Mickey ice cream bar and we were pushing her around in her stroller and counting all of the other kids in the area in strollers with ice cream...if you ever do that it will blow your mind how much ice cream Disney sells! All of a sudden, a little boy, who couldn't have been older than 2, was pushed past us in his stroller chomping on a big old turkey leg with a large bottle of Coke sitting in the cup holder of his stroller! At first my wife and I gave each other looks, amazed, and then she said, "Oh well, he's on vacation too! We had our margaritas!"

Another "yuck" for Turkey legs. Money wasted on 2 of them and they tasted more like ham.. I like the citrus swirl better than the Dole Whip.

Also, what's the diff between the frozen margarita at the counter service in Mexico as opposed to the one inside? Is the one inside meaning ordering in the restaurant? Maybe it's made to order and not from those pre made/sugary slush machines.

purpledisneyprncess said:
Another "yuck" for Turkey legs. Money wasted on 2 of them and they tasted more like ham.. I like the citrus swirl better than the Dole Whip.

Also, what's the diff between the frozen margarita at the counter service in Mexico as opposed to the one inside? Is the one inside meaning ordering in the restaurant? Maybe it's made to order and not from those pre made/sugary slush machines.

Yep, i think that's exactly the difference between the Margaritas. The pre mixed slushie ones outside at the stand are too sugary & watered down to me.

Top snacks for me are: MK popcorn...just tastes awesome to me, Creme Brûlée from France...yum yum yum, grey goose slush and a margarita....I don't know if those 2 qualify as actual snacks but they make me happy! :yay::yay::yay:

I will never eat a Turkey Leg at WDW or elsewhere. Eating copius amounts of meat off the bone while hanging out in a crowd has never had any appeal to me. I had the churro once and it was dry, hard and way too sweet. I'll pass.

Perhaps this trip I will try School bread. It has peaked my interest.:cool2:

I have to say, eating at Disney, is half the fun...we've had some of the best answer worst food there, and sometimes it is the same item!
First that comes to mind are the zebra domes... must have been 2003 or 05 that we tried it at Boma and thought they were delicious...we were thrilled we could get them at Mara and took a bunch home...after that they mist have changed/cheapened the recipe....I have never liked them since....
My kids LOVE the turkey legs....I hate how you need to floss immediately after eating....plus I look like a dummy skinning and carving it with a plastic knife and fork. I think the weird taste comes from the leg being deep fat fried....
Also don't hold the vanilla, chocolate and orange dole whips against the pineapple!!!! I think the first three are gross, but live for a float. (If you like orange, there is an orchard near Tampa/Clearwater that has the most awesome real orange soft serve!)
But the grossest desserts, imnsho, are about any of those pre-packaged things at CS!

This is my first attempt at a post after lurking for a few weeks, sorry if I do it wrong! I'm not sure if this would qualify as a snack but we hated the chicken waffle sandwiches from Sleepy Hollow! Other than that we have loved everything! The cheesecake from the All Star Movies resort food court did make me sick but it tasted great at least on the way down! Everytime we go I promise myself a turkey leg but after all the negative reviews on them I'm rethinking this promise completely!

the pineapple dole whip is not my favorite and it made me thirsty but I love the orange/vanilla dole whip. YUM!

I hate to admit this but there haven't been very many Disney foods or snacks I've actually been impressed with. Haven't "hated" much, but also haven't loved much either. :\ I think Disney does breakfast best (partly b/c it's tough to mess up staples like waffles, bacon, croissants, etc.). While I don't hate the Dole Whip, I don't really see the hoopla. :confused3 The popcorn - meh. Fake butter and kind of stale tasting to me - standard fare for a park or other place where the popcorn sits in a big glass container all day and gets shoveled into boxes. The King cupcake - lackluster (looks awesome though). But to be fair, any snack/dessert/whatever produced on the scale that Disney has to produce is just not going to be foodie quality. I wish it were, but it's just not. :(

We had some apple cinnamon soft pretzel thing at HS. My husband went and bought 2 for the 5 of us to share while we were at the Pixars Block Party. We each took one bite and both pretzels ended up in the trash.
It tasted old and dried out and nothing like apple.
Other than that one bad experience 4 years ago we have enjoyed and became quite addicted to many of the food experiences at the parks in WDW.:mickeybar:dance3::mickeybar

:thumbsup2 So if I close my eyes and think of ham...the turkey leg will taste delicious....;)

I think at some point the carnivore in me will take over and I will have to have a turkey leg...I will just imagine that it's a pig's leg and be OK. Yummm!

Rice Krispy door stops are awesome!! Especially when they are Mickey shaped.

I've loved every single thing I've eaten at WDW except the whoopie pie at Sunshine Seasons - blech. I gave it to my daughter after one bite.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter