Shop the Block 2019 -Bonus miles are POSTING NOW!

Did the Shell opt in, pay at the pump. Nothing on the receipt regarding bonus miles or STB. We’ll see what posts. Still have lots of time to go again and pay inside with the paper coupon if need be.
Also did Safeway, they had lots of booklets and the coupon showed on the receipt specifying STB.

this is so interesting because in the west we don’t seem to have any problems. i was at safeway today and they had stacks of booklets. how can one region print fine and the others with basic details like the total points wrong? someone really dropped the ball!

No problem in QC either. The cashier at Jean Coutu even had a copy of the 3X coupon fixed to the counter next to the cash for easier scanning.

Yesterday I went back to Shell. I needed gas and I hoped the issue with the Spend $10 STB coupon would be fixed so I could get more LCBO gift cards.

The STB gas coupon was scanned and the cash register showed Promo 940. Yay, that was easy. Receipt has correct STB miles on it.

I explained I wanted the LCBO card but could he scan the STB Spend $10 coupon first and see what code would come up. I did not want to purchase the gift card if it would be the wrong code. Sure enough, same issue - he scanned it and Promo 940 came up just like before. So I asked him to void/start over again and please type in the code instead as suggested. After reading the back of the coupon he typed the code in and Promo 939 came up on the screen!! :cool1: So we went ahead with the LCBO gift card on my husband's air mile's card. Then he typed it in again so I could purchase another on my daughter's air mile's card. Receipts have correct STB miles on them.

So strange that scanning the coupon comes up with the wrong code but typing it in manually gives the correct code! Ah well. At least that's Shell knocked off on 3 cards now.

Yesterday I went back to Shell. I needed gas and I hoped the issue with the Spend $10 STB coupon would be fixed so I could get more LCBO gift cards.

The STB gas coupon was scanned and the cash register showed Promo 940. Yay, that was easy. Receipt has correct STB miles on it.

I explained I wanted the LCBO card but could he scan the STB Spend $10 coupon first and see what code would come up. I did not want to purchase the gift card if it would be the wrong code. Sure enough, same issue - he scanned it and Promo 940 came up just like before. So I asked him to void/start over again and please type in the code instead as suggested. After reading the back of the coupon he typed the code in and Promo 939 came up on the screen!! :cool1: So we went ahead with the LCBO gift card on my husband's air mile's card. Then he typed it in again so I could purchase another on my daughter's air mile's card. Receipts have correct STB miles on them.

So strange that scanning the coupon comes up with the wrong code but typing it in manually gives the correct code! Ah well. At least that's Shell knocked off on 3 cards now.
Interesting! I bought LCBO gift cards too and scanned the coupon using my phone. Code 939 are shown on the receipt. I bought two $25 LCBO as I have a $50 Shell gift card I bought from Sobeys using the Sobeys gift card. Remember someone saying the coupon books were not ready as they were not scanning with the right codes. Did you use the paper coupon?

I can't find the post to quote but someone mentioned buying a saw at Lowes that is now covered with the StB coupon. Lowes has basically no return policy....they will take anything back. I've gone in and had them adjust my receipt for various reasons and they do it without question. So go back in with the receipt and the StB coupon and ask for them to do a return and repurchase.
That was me, but we've already used the saw, so I'm not sure if they'd do the return without it. It was also $50 off when I bought it, so better than buying full price with airmiles. I'm going to keep an eye on it though, and if it goes on sale again while the coupon is still valid, I'll give it a try. Or I can buy a new one, and return it using the receipt for the one I already have.

Opted in for the Shell offer, and nothing showed up on my receipt. I might do a chat to make sure that if I use the shell app to pay, that it still counts as paying at the pump.

Also annoyed at myself for forgetting about the other Shell coupon. We bought two 5 car wash cards in separate transaction for the car wash spend $25 get 100am. Could've gotten an additional 10 miles total!

Ugh time for my "living on Vancouver Island sucks when it comes to these big AM promos" rant. :crazy2:

It is really unlikely that I am going to get 5, let alone 7 this time around but I'll try my best and see how many I can get.

So far I have the Thrifty Foods done, I am getting the Shell one this afternoon and I can definitely do the Rexall one but that is where my plan comes to a screeching halt. I've already done the HBC reward conversion as well as the Miss Fresh a few promos ago, all of our car stuff is dealt with by the dealers, we have no Safeway, my son is too old for Childrens Place, they don't have a Global Pet Foods on the Island, and I don't need $160+ of anything from Rona, Lowe's or Ace.

I can say that the Thrifty Foods promo shows up on the receipt as follows:
Shop The Block (then the correct # of AM)

Ugh time for my "living on Vancouver Island sucks when it comes to these big AM promos" rant. :crazy2:

It is really unlikely that I am going to get 5, let alone 7 this time around but I'll try my best and see how many I can get.

So far I have the Thrifty Foods done, I am getting the Shell one this afternoon and I can definitely do the Rexall one but that is where my plan comes to a screeching halt. I've already done the HBC reward conversion as well as the Miss Fresh a few promos ago, all of our car stuff is dealt with by the dealers, we have no Safeway, my son is too old for Childrens Place, they don't have a Global Pet Foods on the Island, and I don't need $160+ of anything from Rona, Lowe's or Ace.

My chance to pay forward some kindness! @kuhltiffany is helping me out with an LCBO offer, and I was hoping I could share the generosity :)

I live by a Safeway and shop there all the time, so I can easily finish that offer on your card. Just send me a message with your number and I'll get a shop in before the promo ends.

So far I have the Thrifty Foods done, I am getting the Shell one this afternoon and I can definitely do the Rexall one but that is where my plan comes to a screeching halt. I've already done the HBC reward conversion as well as the Miss Fresh a few promos ago, all of our car stuff is dealt with by the dealers, we have no Safeway, my son is too old for ChildrensRPlace, they don't have a Global Pet Foods on the Island, and I don't need $160+ of anything from Rona, Lowe's or Ace.

RONA also has paint on offer. Are you thinking about painting anything in the new year. You could get a gallon at RONA and another at Lowes. Lowes also has construction adhesive (inexpensive) it's on at RONA too.

My chance to pay forward some kindness! @kuhltiffany is helping me out with an LCBO offer, and I was hoping I could share the generosity :)

I live by a Safeway and shop there all the time, so I can easily finish that offer on your card. Just send me a message with your number and I'll get a shop in before the promo ends.

Thank you SO much! I've sent you a PM!

Interesting! I bought LCBO gift cards too and scanned the coupon using my phone. Code 939 are shown on the receipt. I bought two $25 LCBO as I have a $50 Shell gift card I bought from Sobeys using the Sobeys gift card. Remember someone saying the coupon books were not ready as they were not scanning with the right codes. Did you use the paper coupon?

Yes, it would not work when he and I tried using the paper coupons. But when he manually typed in the same code from the paper, it worked. I think the bar code on the paper coupon was screwed up.

So this is from my Shell Opt in on Nov 15th
DateSponsorDescriptionReward MilesBonus
15 Nov 19
SHELL CANADA
2525 THOMAS STCOCA-COLA BUY 3 GET 10 MILES+10
15 Nov 19
SHELL CANADA
2525 THOMAS STSTANDARD OFFER+1
15 Nov 19
SHELL CANADA
2525 THOMAS STSORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE+10

So Is the sorry for the inconvenience for the Shell Opt in not working I wonder?
I am not going to repeat this STB transaction and will just use my receipt to challenge it if needed.
Hugs Mel

It's really looking like this promo will be hard for several of us, me included, to complete. I'm already seeing people offering up help to others and I'm wondering if people who be comfortable having their names added to the post on the first page. If so, let me know which stores you can shop at and use someone else's card and once you're no longer able to help out (don't need any more booze, your cupboards are full and you're done with home renos :P ) I'll remove your name from the list.

Not sure about anyone else but i have cash miles that i was hoping to use and those offers aren't happening in Ontario so if someone wants to have $10 worth of free stuff at one of the stores that has a coupon for that, let me know!

When it comes time to connect with someone who graciously offers to help you out the easiest way is to take a screenshot of your card from the APP and then share it in a Private Message.

The announcements for Shop the Block have hit the radio i listen to, the banner is showing on the front page of the Airmiles main page AND it's now a direct link from within the APP. Based on all of this i would say if you're having trouble finding coupon booklets, run into a store that's not sure what's going on OR you have a coupon that doesn't scan/print/provide the correct miles, then you SHOULD contact AM using the online chat, Facebook Messenger or calling to let them know.

Got some stuff at Global Petfood, forgot to check the receipt for the coupon code and it's in the card. There was a scratch and save deal so I got $6.99 off for buying a treat... then had to add something else to get to $50, they had calendars for $1.99 though so I got one of those and was over by a dollar or so. Phew that was hard! Their prices for the same food are higher than at Ren's I normally shop at, so while it was worth it for the AM and a store done for the promo, not sure I'll get much else there in the future, though it is super convenient to work.

Got some stuff at Global Petfood, forgot to check the receipt for the coupon code and it's in the card. There was a scratch and save deal so I got $6.99 off for buying a treat... then had to add something else to get to $50, they had calendars for $1.99 though so I got one of those and was over by a dollar or so. Phew that was hard! Their prices for the same food are higher than at Ren's I normally shop at, so while it was worth it for the AM and a store done for the promo, not sure I'll get much else there in the future, though it is super convenient to work.
Convenience counts for something. ;) I don't usually go to Global except for during an airmiles promotion. I had the same problem last time I did the Global run....it was seniors day, so my calculations went down the toilet. I ended up buying a bag of food for the shelter (and they collect it there, so I didn't have to even drop it off!)

It's really looking like this promo will be hard for several of us, me included, to complete. I'm already seeing people offering up help to others and I'm wondering if people who be comfortable having their names added to the post on the first page. If so, let me know which stores you can shop at and use someone else's card and once you're no longer able to help out (don't need any more booze, your cupboards are full and you're done with home renos :P ) I'll remove your name from the list.

Not sure about anyone else but i have cash miles that i was hoping to use and those offers aren't happening in Ontario so if someone wants to have $10 worth of free stuff at one of the stores that has a coupon for that, let me know!

When it comes time to connect with someone who graciously offers to help you out the easiest way is to take a screenshot of your card from the APP and then share it in a Private Message.

great idea!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter