Shopper's Is Rapid Antigen Screening? Is is accepted?

To all BC peeps who are being ripped off - please, please, write to Shoppers et al and express your feelings about the inequity in pricing here compared to elsewhere. We're getting gouged, big time. I've written to a number of places. Please, do the same? These tests will be with us for a long time, I'm thinking, and it's completely unfair that BC is the outlier when it comes to the pricing.

It's not just BC, as far as I know Ontario and Alberta are the only provinces where Shoppers offers this.

So sad that we don’t have this in Manitoba either. The cheapest I have found is about $170. 😭
Completely unfair since there are Shopper’s Drug Mart’s everywhere and we have an international airport.

Would you be able to message me with the ins and outs We are booked at resort in oct. but haven't booked flights. All dbl vaxed just need someone to walk me through the whole thing. We never fly pearson always sw from Buffalo. If you could offer your advice it would be greatly appreciated. I need to live again safely.

Gladly help you out. I got all the answers I needed fom this board.

Here is what we did and applies to right now. USA may change rules so always check first and ask questions here. No question is stupid. We are all going through this together.

From Ontario? Head to Shopper's 3 days before your flight and get the Rapid Antigen test. Air Canada will have you upload the results before your flight. USA customs at Pearson didn't even ask us for the results.

Coming back to Canada, your COVID test must be within 72 hours of your departure time. Book your test online at Walgreens. The RAPID ID NOW test currently is accepted to return to Canada. It is free at Walgreen's for Canadian citizens.

Also before you go download the ArriveCAN app. and answer all the questions. The app will walk you through the questions and answers.

Air Canada will likely ask to see the results of your COVID test before giving you a boarding pass. Canada customs may or may not ask to see them. Lots of hoops but pretty straight forward should you decide to go.

Keep in mind that things may change, so always check to see what the current situation is.

Here is what we did and applies to right now. USA may change rules so always check first and ask questions here. No question is stupid. We are all going through this together.

From Ontario? Head to Shopper's 3 days before your flight and get the Rapid Antigen test. Air Canada will have you upload the results before your flight. USA customs at Pearson didn't even ask us for the results.

Coming back to Canada, your COVID test must be within 72 hours of your departure time. Book your test online at Walgreens. The RAPID ID NOW test currently is accepted to return to Canada. It is free at Walgreen's for Canadian citizens.

Also before you go download the ArriveCAN app. and answer all the questions. The app will walk you through the questions and answers.

Air Canada will likely ask to see the results of your COVID test before giving you a boarding pass. Canada customs may or may not ask to see them. Lots of hoops but pretty straight forward should you decide to go.

Keep in mind that things may change, so always check to see what the current situation is.
Thanks so much! Was it difficult booking Walgreens appointments? How far ahead can we book? Like, if we need the test 72hrs before our flight home, how far ahead of that can we book the appointments? We're flying with Westjet, so hopefully it works in the similar way as Air Canada. Thanks a million!

Get online 2 days before you want your test.

Walgreen's test are drive-thru only so you will need a car. We rented one and I have heard others use a taxi but you will need a car.

Lots of appointments are available but you may have to drive 20 minutes or so to get to one of the locations. Kissimmee locations are closer.

Thanks so much! Was it difficult booking Walgreens appointments? How far ahead can we book? Like, if we need the test 72hrs before our flight home, how far ahead of that can we book the appointments? We're flying with Westjet, so hopefully it works in the similar way as Air Canada. Thanks a million!

Reactions: CJK

Walgreen's test are drive-thru only so you will need a car. We rented one and I have heard others use a taxi but you will need a car.

Lots of appointments are available but you may have to drive 20 minutes or so to get to one of the locations. Kissimmee locations are closer.
Thanks so much. We have a rental car, so that should work nicely. I appreciate you alleviating our concerns.

Sorry, one more question. When we book Walgreens, do we have to get online at a certain time of day, or are there plenty of appointment times, so it doesn't really matter?

Hi , which air line did you fly from ? Were flying Delta in November and just want to make sure that this will be okay. I did see they put the Antigen test but not the screening so i wasnt sure if it was the same for you guys and it worked okay!

Thank you so much. How was Pearson? Are you back now and was any of the waiting 3 hours on your plane to disembark true? I have read horror stories about wait times. Is 3 hours enough time?

I went to a Pharmasave in Edmonton that just happened to be near my house, it was walk-in. The owner has a pretty hopping business going on between antigen testing and vaccinations. I don't think all phrmasaves are same, but this one it was only $30 and I went back for my results an hour later and received a paper result to use for travel. He is specifically targeting advertising to those travelling to the US.
I live in around Edmonton (btw love your user name! ex british columbian ourselves and still faithful Canucks supporters!) but any way which pharmasave did you use?? Also I know GOING to the US Antigen tests are acceptable, it's the coming home I'm concerned about as I heard Canada will only allow PCR tests for return?? Any info on this??

Glad its not only me. I really want this trip to go. So I can face the fear.
My trip is a cruise/ wdw/ uni split in October 2022. My son was given a mix pfizer/moderna. Just on Monday he got a 3 shot (pfizer) because we were so tired of trying to keep up with all the changes to the policies of what they accept and what they do not. Thankfully now he is finally considered fully vaxxed regardless of country we choose to travel to!!! Such a relief to not worry any more about him being denied boarding!

I wish we had any of those options in Quebec... For us not in the greater Montreal area it's a PITA to find a place that does pre-travel testing. Anyone has any experience with testing directly before your flight at YUL?

I wish we had any of those options in Quebec... For us not in the greater Montreal area it's a PITA to find a place that does pre-travel testing. Anyone has any experience with testing directly before your flight at YUL?

Where are you from? We leave October 9th and found some places near Quebec City.

Where are you from? We leave October 9th and found some places near Quebec City.
I'm in Victoriaville. Right between Montreal and Quebec. And it's easier to get to Quebec than to Montreal. So I'll be happy to hear what you've found?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter