Short Pre-Birthday Trip- snacks and quick service

stace1214

DIS Veteran
I've wanted to take a trip with each of my kids on their own and finally got the opportunity to go with my almost 14 year old as an early birthday celebration. (Who am I kidding, any excuse to squeeze in an extra Disney trip is a good one to me!)
IMG_1340.jpg
Here we are! What started out as a trip for two nights and just one park turned into a four night, four park trip by the time it rolled around. 🤣 I added a last minute extra night at Coronado Springs. WOW! That resort is gorgeous! Unfortunately, I booked a standard room and we were at the very back in the Ranchos section. It was a hike to get anywhere. If we stay there again I'll definitely book a tower room.
IMG_1293.jpg
We took the Mears/Sunshine Flyer from MCO and to my delight we took off after about five minutes and were the first resort stop! We were so hungry and headed straight to El Mercado. I had a chicken and rice bowl and Carter had a bacon cheeseburger. Both were very good but felt a bit pricier than other resort quick service.
IMG_1288.jpgIMG_1289.jpg

We headed to the pool for a quick swim and then went to bed. Next up...moving to All Star Movies for the rest of our vacation. I'm on a quest to stay at every resort and haven't been to any of the All Stars. Let's hope it's okay!

We had a very relaxed morning and after a summer full of activities, it was so nice to just slow down and spend time together. We swam, played ping pong and then headed to All-Star Movies! We arrived around lunch and of course I forgot to get pics of our mains. Carter had a slice of pizza which he deemed "edible and not as good as a place at home" and I had a grilled chicken sandwich with fresh mozzarella and arugula. It was super tasty! We also got the summer "hot dog and fries" dessert. It was a chocolate eclair hot dog and shortbread cookie fries with a raspberry dipping sauce. I think it would have been very good had it been fresh. It clearly had been sitting around and was very dry and crumbly. Would not get again.
IMG_1320.jpg
All-Star Movies review: I didn't hate it! We had a preferred room and were just a quick walk to the food court and buses. Carter is a long time Toy Story fan and was thrilled to stay in the Toy Story section. It did feel like our room wasn't as clean as resorts we've stayed at in the past but nothing huge and nothing worth mentioning to anyone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter