Should we buy DVC.

jackieleanne

DIS Veteran
Am really looking into buying a dvc, when i go back in August/September it will be my 9th time usually go atleast every other year since i was four/five with my parents and this is my first trip there with my dbf and i will plan on getting out their at least once every other year. Looking into buying around 200+ points with resale and have found good deals with time share store for more points than this for around £9,000 including closing costs and maintainance at the SSR and OKW. Do you think it is to young for me to buy at 20 nearly 21 or an ideal time because i can get the rate cheap and will have plenty of years ahead of me to use it. From my maths and the amounts of times i go i reckon that i will be reaping in the cost benefits after about 7/8trips. Also which do you prefer OKW or SSR for your home resort.

if disney is your dreeam place,which you know you will be going back.would def buy.our mistake was not buying earlier.as long as you can afford it yes do it.we worked out that after 6 visits its paid for then its just dues your paying
Plus on here your askking the converted
Paulh

If you can afford it, why not!?? :thumbsup2 My DD bought 200 AKV points last year with her first bonus and she was aged 24... :goodvibes

Hehe well im definatly converted to join its just convincing my dbf but i think hes coming round. :P What are the OKW and SSR like those are the two i seem to be deciding between buying, unless AKV direct from disney are going cheaper. We definatly want around 200 points does any one know what the price from disney is for 200 points for AKV is at the moment.

I think it's something like $104 base price less $8 promotional discount so $96 per point. So 200 points = $19,200...

In addition if you purchase at the moment, you'll get 2008 points but won't be able to use them till after May 1st 2009 as Kidani section of AKV not ready till then. But they give you a matching set of Develops Points which are valid for 12 months that you can use at SSR... It's a pretty good deal, really...:thumbsup2

Ohh thats also a good deal I think my dbf will be more tempted towards AKV he was born in South Africa and when we was looking for a hotel this year that was the one that we wanted to do. AKV still dont seem that bad points wise to use. How long does it usually take to close when booking through Disney rather than the Timeshare store.

Is SSR sold out now? I'd thought there was still some availability. Not that I keep on top of it.

OKW is the oldest of the DVC resorts, but it also has the biggest units. It tends to be good value for money points-wise. SSR, as one of newest, still has that shiny-new feel to it, although I'm not sure how long that will last. It's within easy walking distance of Downtown Disney, which is a big plus for us. The units at AKV have a revised floor plan (better, in my view) and gorgeous bathroom fittings.

Thanks I am not sure about the SSR with Disney being sold out or still available will have to give them a ring. Will have to look over figures and at the value for money points wise. Hopefully dbf is convinced and we can start to get something into place.

Ohh thats also a good deal I think my dbf will be more tempted towards AKV he was born in South Africa and when we was looking for a hotel this year that was the one that we wanted to do. AKV still dont seem that bad points wise to use. How long does it usually take to close when booking through Disney rather than the Timeshare store.

It's really quick - I've bought thro' both sources and took me 8 weeks to close with the Timeshare Store and a short wait before we were in the DVC system. With Disney, I called my guide, bought the points with a credit card and received all the documentation within a few days. I'm sure I was making a reservation within a week of buying... ;)

The consensus from the US DVC DIS forum is that SSR is sold out...

Is SSR sold out now? I'd thought there was still some availability. Not that I keep on top of it.

OKW is the oldest of the DVC resorts, but it also has the biggest units. It tends to be good value for money points-wise. SSR, as one of newest, still has that shiny-new feel to it, although I'm not sure how long that will last. It's within easy walking distance of Downtown Disney, which is a big plus for us. The units at AKV have a revised floor plan (better, in my view) and gorgeous bathroom fittings.

SSR was due to sell out later this year,untill it was they wouldent anounce CR resort starting.might be a little later due to the credit crunch
Paulh

can you not buy at SSR anymore then?

Any news on when CR will go on sale? I imagine the points to be quite high here though? I guessing we may have to look at AKV.:confused3

I think it's something like $104 base price less $8 promotional discount so $96 per point. So 200 points = $19,200...

In addition if you purchase at the moment, you'll get 2008 points but won't be able to use them till after May 1st 2009 as Kidani section of AKV not ready till then. But they give you a matching set of Develops Points which are valid for 12 months that you can use at SSR... It's a pretty good deal, really...:thumbsup2

What are the develop points? Think it will either be buying AKV with DVC or OKW through Timeshare Store.

can you not buy at SSR anymore then?

Any news on when CR will go on sale? I imagine the points to be quite high here though? I guessing we may have to look at AKV.:confused3

yes you can still buy SSR,the roumors are it might sell out around AUG.If they relese CR(BLT) before SSR sells out,that would mean they are sell ing quite a few place all at onece,they have never sold more than 2 resorts at a time
Paulh

yes you can still buy SSR,the roumors are it might sell out around AUG.If they relese CR(BLT) before SSR sells out,that would mean they are sell ing quite a few place all at onece,they have never sold more than 2 resorts at a time
Paulh

Does DVC have any offers on for buying into SSR at the moment? Thanks for all the answers, dbf is looking at the info now fingers crossed

dont know what offers are about ,but think the going price for points is around $100 a point then you can get a discount.if i was you phone DVC direct tell them your intrested and ask them to phone you back(yuo dont want to payfor a long international call)and they will ring you straoght back
Paulh

Thanks Paul do you know what number you ring i tried the one on the dvc website for those that live outside us and canada and it says that i was trying to ring romania at first and then it didnt recognise it. :confused3

Wahoo i got a package on the way as well as an email, they are very friendly and helpful. For 205 points she said it is around $21,320 so im guessing around £11,000 she also told me about a uk bank that does the financing at 0% downpayment.

Wahoo i got a package on the way as well as an email, they are very friendly and helpful. For 205 points she said it is around $21,320 so im guessing around £11,000 she also told me about a uk bank that does the financing at 0% downpayment.

Good luck!!! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter