Should we buy DVC.

How Many Points Would I Need To Buy To Stay At AK,We Go To Disney,2 To Three Times A Year:banana: :banana: Any Thoughts??

TIA:)

It depends on how long you go for each visit and the size of accomadation you would need. Dbf says he wont buy yet doesnt think we can afford to do that yet he says he thinks its good though but wants to wait until im in a full time job after I finish Uni. I was crying on the phone about it. :sad1:

Well, as you need to take out finance, I'd say your boyfriend is being very sensible. He's a keeper! :thumbsup2

Yeah hes very sensible and is always saving. Maybe he will think more about it after visiting Disney hes never been before.

yes you can still buy SSR,the roumors are it might sell out around AUG.If they relese CR(BLT) before SSR sells out,that would mean they are sell ing quite a few place all at onece,they have never sold more than 2 resorts at a time
Paulh

I thought I read somewhere that CR may be going on sale in august, I think that is a rumour too though.

SSR has sold out now, AKV sales are running ahead of expections, and as for CR, if it is DVC, there is a very high chance that it won't even get to the public as there is a long list of members wanting to buy already so if you want CR you better become a member soon.

When/If they become available present members will get about a 2 month head start on non-members.

Do you think it is to young for me to buy at 20 nearly 21 or an ideal time.....
I am sorry to buck the trend here jackieleanne but whilst I am a great fan of DVC I think it has to be regarded as a luxury purchase which one makes after other purchases. I think DVC is good for homeowners who have equity in their homes, but for someone of 20 or 21 I would have to advise that they would be better off saving to purchase a home of their own, and to build up savings, before looking to buy in to DVC. Present UK property prices notwithstanding (and I know only too well that they have fallen), in the medium to long term investing in UK property has produced consistent growth. Indeed the present recession makes it a good time to buy property in the UK because it is cheaper. You might already have your own property, in which case you can disregard this advice, but in case you haven't I would recommend buying a home first before looking at DVC. Just my tuppence worth.

Thanks for the advice Halo that is what we are going to do we are looking for our own place here and then going to look again at DVC in a few years.

Thanks for the advice Halo that is what we are going to do we are looking for our own place here and then going to look again at DVC in a few years.

dont worry you could always rent points to stay in dvc.like outhers have said its a luxury,only get it if you can afford it,us luckey as have no morgatge or any borowings
Paulh

SSR has sold out now, .
:confused3 this is one of the things i do folow closley,and there is no mention anywere of it,not even on dvc website.and they would be screaming it from the rooftops when they do,so could you direct me to where you heard it
Thanks paulh

I am sorry to buck the trend here jackieleanne but whilst I am a great fan of DVC I think it has to be regarded as a luxury purchase which one makes after other purchases. I think DVC is good for homeowners who have equity in their homes, but for someone of 20 or 21 I would have to advise that they would be better off saving to purchase a home of their own, and to build up savings, before looking to buy in to DVC. Present UK property prices notwithstanding (and I know only too well that they have fallen), in the medium to long term investing in UK property has produced consistent growth. Indeed the present recession makes it a good time to buy property in the UK because it is cheaper. You might already have your own property, in which case you can disregard this advice, but in case you haven't I would recommend buying a home first before looking at DVC. Just my tuppence worth.

Not everyone wants to own their own home, I know I don't.

I totally agree, we have decided to give our kids a good education and lots of family holidays over buying a house that isn't where or what i want to live in! We rent a lovely house with no worries about anything going wrong. Our home is at AKV!

:confused3 this is one of the things i do folow closley,and there is no mention anywere of it,not even on dvc website.and they would be screaming it from the rooftops when they do,so could you direct me to where you heard it
Thanks paulh

From our DVC guide when we bought last week, as we wanted SSR and the only option was AKV!

I totally agree, we have decided to give our kids a good education and lots of family holidays over buying a house that isn't where or what i want to live in! We rent a lovely house with no worries about anything going wrong. Our home is at AKV!

Each to their own - but jackieleanne asked for opinions and I gave her mine. The world would be boring if we all thought the same.

I think Disney has OKW with 2057 expiration so you can choose between VAKL +OKW with the same duration buying direct from Disney. OKW is a little bigger in the 1+2 bedrooms, but VAKL's layout allows beds for 5 in a 1 bed and 9 in a 2 bed one more than OKW. The only other major difference (other than the animal views which are pretty obvious) is that VAKL offer concierge level services which was AWESOME when we stayed there, particularly with just two of you ( for a while) the ability to stay concierge (because IMHO it's going to be impossible to book 7 months out) may be something that decides it for you. I would suggest do some research into what concierge level at VAKL offers you and make sure you set up a tour of DVC early in your next stay to get as much information as you can, allow yourself the chance to go back and talk to your guide a second time if necessary to go over any extra questions you have.

On the "buy your home first" debate, I understand the argument, however at the moment I would say the UK housing market looks like it's going to have a correction for some considerable time (3-5 years) . So I can also see a VERY good argument for holding off on buying property in the UK for a while, if one is going to spend 3-4 thousand pounds a year for the next 5 years on holidays anyway then spending 15k on DVC instead seems to be a very sensible option. It is exactly the same argument for buying a property as opposed to renting one, the question one has to ask is " do I think UK house prices will be significantly higher in 5 years time or do I think a DVC purchase (also factoring in the exchange rate) will be significantly higher?"

Another argument for a younger couple is do you currently live where you plan to make your long term home? If not the cost of selling one home and buying another of a similar cost in a different area,( solicitors,real estate agents, removal companies etc etc) averages, I believe 30-40k . It makes little sense to buy a house in a stagnant/falling market when you know you'll be moving in less than 5 years time and incurring all those costs.

I agree with your bf, definitely get a full-time job first. I'd say the same for any sort of financial commitment, having got myself into a pickle with debts a few years ago (credit cards) I wouldn't wish that horrible 'out of control' feeling on anyone. I can definitely understand not wanting to own your own home or delaying it for a while, everyone's situation is different (in our case renting is absolutely the most sensible option for now) However, even renting can mount up what with bills and council tax so if you're not already living together I would rent for a while before considering a joint timeshare purchase. You can still visit WDW in the meantime :) I really hope i'm not sounding patronising with this post, I honestly don't intend to be.. Just adding a perspective from someone of a similar age.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter