Show me your best cross-body bag!

Debi

<font color=teal>I go to WDW 2,179,872 times a yea
I'm in search of a new cross-body park bag, and am miffed. I need something medium-sided (large enough to carry wallet, car keys, camera, cell phone, trading pins, and a little room left over for anything small I buy in the parks). I prefer something with a lot of pockets/compartments, but this isn't a must. I've seen a few that I like, but either they're too expensive, the strap isn't long enough (I want a bag that'll hit me on the hip when worn), etc.

Show me your favorite!

I just ordered the Heys Travelmate from Sears ($19.99) in black. I haven't received it yet, but I'm hoping it's as nice as it looks. It comes with a separate passport holder that can hang around the neck. I can't post a link since this is only my 3rd post. :confused3

The website is shop.heys.ca.

I've so been there with finding the right cross-body bag to use as a day pack. :eek: My last trip I used an Ed Hardy fragrance freebie one that is my new park bag. The downside was that it only has 1 inside pocket. So I used a clear cosmetic case for the sunscreen, gum, advil et al. Then I attached a small Vera Bradley wallet and my camera case with a binder ring to the one inside zipper. It worked that I could tuck the long strap and use the handles over my shoulder if I needed extra room in the bag.

On previous trips I did use each of these bags. The only downside about a bag with a lot of pockets--you have to open all those pockets every time you go through bag check. :rotfl:

Le Sportsac Everyday tote
and a Kipling cross-body

pezheadmeg, the Kipling cross-body you posted is the one I'm using currently. I'm looking for a new one because that one feels too cumbersome, having the snap closure AND the zipper. Trying to reach for something quickly is not easy because of that.

I always used this one: http://cgi.ebay.com/Disney-Mickey-C...103?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item48402ea92f

It's one big pocket & a small zipper pocket on the inside. I used it as my usual park bag during my CP & had enough room for a bottle of water, granola bar, wallet, camera, pins & vinylmation for trading. I've even been able to fit a t-shirt in it. It's got a long strap. I'm a bit bigger & it hits my hip, I hate when bags stop in a weird spot cuz the strap is short.

It's a baggallini sling messenger bag...and I'm loving it. It's the perfect size! Comes in lots of colors too.

untitled.jpg

http://www.ebags.com/product/baggallini/messenger-slingbagg-rip-stop-nylon/18644?productid=66043

I always go on a trip thinking that I need a bunch of compartments in my bag and then am totally frustrated trying to remember where I put things. I've used the Baggalini cross-body bags which are nice. The last trip however I ended up picking up one of the drawstring backpacks at the hotel and loved it. I've had a Hayes Travelmate and although I liked the bag the material had a funny smell to it. I've had the bag a while too and the smell is still noticeable.

It's a baggallini sling messenger bag...and I'm loving it. It's the perfect size! Comes in lots of colors too.

untitled.jpg

http://www.ebags.com/product/baggallini/messenger-slingbagg-rip-stop-nylon/18644?productid=66043

I've used this bag the last 2 years and it's been perfect for me! I'm able to carry everything I need in it. The 1st year I used it I only had a P&S camera. Last year I took a DSLR and was still able to use it. I always take snacks (granola bars, nuts, fruit chews), hand sanitizer, iPhone, small first aid kit, sunscreen, sunglasses and I'm sure a few other things. I have 4 kids so I'm usually holding something for someone. It all fits without a problem, but isn't too big and bulky. Very comfortable! I'm looking at getting a new one in a different color for this year's trip. I have black in the crinkle nylon version. It's a great bag!

I was also looking for a cross-body bag that wasn't too big or too small, or too expensive for my trip to Disney on May 11. I found the Eddie Bauer Expedition Travel Bag at the Eddie Bauer store (it's also online) and love it. I don't have little kids (they are 8 and 12) so this will be just right to hold what I'll need, and also has two water bottle holders on the sides. It has an accessible pocket on the outside and a flap with a clear pocket on the inside of the flap, and many other little pouches and pockets. It seems very durable as well, and the strap is adjustable. It fits right on my hip. I paid $40. I haven't posted enough to be allowed to post a link or photo so I'm sorry I can't post a link to show you the bag, but it is available in several colors as well as black.

I bought a new baggallini for my last trip but didn't end up using it...it just wasn't for me I guess. I think I like having my bag up front more and didn't really need the extra space. The Vera Bradley hipster worked out pretty well in my situation. It has a few compartments...a zippered back pocket, 3 slip pockets inside the main big compartment and a front zip pocket (perfect for my cell phone):
5690719263_b02ae399aa_z.jpg

5690719355_1ae0dc8870.jpg

Inside:
18 oz canteen with sleeve
WDW poncho in a ziploc
VB clip zip ID (in lieu of a wallet)
drink mix packets
iphone in front zip pocket

just realized...not pictured but in the back zippered pocket there is also a ziploc with bandaids, trial size sunblock and some motrin. ;)

You could easily fit a small wallet, keys and compact camera as well. At one point I had a t-shirt I purchased in there on top of everything. :)

pezheadmeg, the Kipling cross-body you posted is the one I'm using currently. I'm looking for a new one because that one feels too cumbersome, having the snap closure AND the zipper. Trying to reach for something quickly is not easy because of that.

One of the reasons I love the baggillini is there is a zippered compartment right on the strap. It's big enough to hold a cell phone or an Ipod or even a digital camera. I also use it to hold my park ticket and CC. I love that I do not have to take the bag off or turn it around for things that I want to access often.

Which size hipster is that?? Aren't there 2 diff sizes?

I bought a new baggallini for my last trip but

didn't end up using it...it just wasn't for me I guess. I think I like having my bag up front more and didn't really need the extra space. The Vera Bradley hipster worked out pretty well in my situation. It has a few compartments...a zippered back pocket, 3 slip pockets inside the main big compartment and a front zip pocket (perfect for my cell phone):
5690719263_b02ae399aa_z.jpg

5690719355_1ae0dc8870.jpg

Inside:
18 oz canteen with sleeve
WDW poncho in a ziploc
VB clip zip ID (in lieu of a wallet)
drink mix packets
iphone in front zip pocket

just realized...not pictured but in the back zippered pocket there is also a ziploc with bandaids, trial size sunblock and some motrin. ;)

You could easily fit a small wallet, keys and compact camera as well. At one point I had a t-shirt I purchased in there on top of everything. :)

I also have the Baggalini cross-body bag like a previous poster's picture. I like that it has a separate slot for a water bottle and many zipper pockets, so I can only put a couple things in each. The big pocket holds snacks, maps, etc. I just have to shift it sideways for most rides.

I also have a slightly smaller cross-body bag that doesn't have a water bottle holder so I only use it on field trips and the like where I don't need to carry water or in cooler weather.

With any bag, consider where your tickets/cards go. I have accidentally de-magnetized room key cards with the magnetic closure on my smaller bag.

PHXscuba

Just got back from a trip to Ross. They had the Uptown Bagg for $20, the Highway Bagg (very similar to the Big Zipper bag) for $25 and a Hobo Bagg for $30. I also found an old style slim travelon bag for $10. Bought the Highway Bagg but wanted to get them all:rotfl:

Forgot to add that I am Pooh size (22W) and large on top. The strap on the Highway bagg is very long. When I put it on as a crossbody bag I still had room to lengthen it even after adjusting it so the bag would rest at my hip. so if you are large and tall this would work for you. Also went with this one because I was afraid I would over pack the hobo style one and it would be too heavy.

My mom and I went on the advice of the boards for our last trip and purchased baggalini bags. What a mistake. They were very uncomfortable - wouldn't stay in place and seemed to hit in the wrong spots. Felt like we spent the whole time fixing and adjusting the bags to try to get them to feel right. Wore them the first day and said no more. Just used our regular backpack for the rest of the trip. Total waste of money.

I love the Baggalini cross-body bag but I am very short and wonder if it would sit weird. I'm going to search this summer and see if I can find one in a store to try on. Anyone know who carries these? Last uear I used my son's backpack but that was too big so for this year I got a small backpack. If I can try one of these on and like the fit maybe I will get one of these instead. Not really thrilled with the backpack.

In the parks now and using the baggallini...It's perfect in terms on size and convenience. The only drawback is after a long day my shoulder is sore and while you can wear the bag backwards (and change shoulders), it's not meant to be worn that way and is awkward. I had to use my backback after 2 days then switched back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter