Show me your best cross-body bag!

My mom and I went on the advice of the boards for our last trip and purchased baggalini bags. What a mistake. They were very uncomfortable - wouldn't stay in place and seemed to hit in the wrong spots. Felt like we spent the whole time fixing and adjusting the bags to try to get them to feel right. Wore them the first day and said no more. Just used our regular backpack for the rest of the trip. Total waste of money.
I didn't care for it either. I never even used it...I guess they aren't for everyone! ;)

My mom and I went on the advice of the boards for our last trip and purchased baggalini bags. What a mistake. They were very uncomfortable - wouldn't stay in place and seemed to hit in the wrong spots. Felt like we spent the whole time fixing and adjusting the bags to try to get them to feel right. Wore them the first day and said no more. Just used our regular backpack for the rest of the trip. Total waste of money.

All five of my family wore them, and while it was nice to be hands free, the bags did wear on our shoulders as the day went on. I have decided that I will be a nerd and wear a fanny pack on our next trip. I refuse to have something hanging from my shoulder and neck weighing me down from this point on. I was so envious of those that carried nothing, or wore the fanny pack- and I was surprised by how many people did! The Baggallini has great organization, but the comfort for us was not there. Many people swear by the bag though, so everyone is different!

I bring the Eddie Bauer one noted on this thread for the plane ride there and back. Pro: it holds more; con: the strap chafes my neck over long periods of time. It's that belting material with ridges and it's not good for long hot days.

In the parks, I use the vera bradley mini hipster. Pro: strap is comfortable, easy access to slot holding KTTW and I'm able to secure it on rides without removing it. con: small but holds just what I need for day touring but no room for anything extra.

I am short (5' on a good day) and I use the baggalini. It works so great for us. I'll admit at the end of the day in the parks, I'm tired of carrying the bag, but I would imagine I would be tired of ANY bag after a full park day. I love the flexibility of this bag when on rides, I just swing the bag to the front, side, whatever, on ride and it's comfortable. Holds plenty of stuff necessary for my family.

If I went and didn't need all the stuff my kids require, I would carry this bag: http://www.altrec.com/overland-equipment/placer-shoulder-bag

It's the Overland Placer bag. Small yet holds all I need (sans kids). :thumbsup2

I used a Kavu sling when I went to Disney and loved it...They have many designs and colors. It fit's great and the strap is adjustable...so when I say anybody can wear this bag I mean it.
918-PYRITE-copym.jpg

Another one that Baggalini just didn't work for. I felt like it was always slipping around. I've used an Overland Donner bag the last few trips, and I *love* it. I'll post pics later if you like.

I've been to Disney 16+ times and have always been on a hunt for the perfect bag to carry. Last summer I ended up picking up one of the drawstring backsacks and have to say it turned out to be the easiest bag to carry. I've had a few different types of Baggallini bags and I got so tired of looking to find what pocket I had put things in. The backsack with a few little Vera Bradley items to help keep things organized (like money, cards, change and a comb) and I was set!

I've been using my Sherpani Milli as my everyday bag and think it would make a good Disney bag if you don't plan on carrying a lot.

I used a Kavu sling when I went to Disney and loved it...They have many designs and colors. It fit's great and the strap is adjustable...so when I say anybody can wear this bag I mean it.
918-PYRITE-copym.jpg

I have this same bag and used it on our trip last year and it was great. :thumbsup2 Plan on using it again this year!

One question for the baggalini bag, do you go on rides such as Space Mountain and RNR and take the bag with you how does that work for you?

The last time I was at Disney I saw a woman in line for The Jungle Cruise and she had a cross-body bag that was beige and said "Animal Kingdom" on it. It looked like sort of a canvas material and it was mostly plain. I absolutely loved it but could never find it. It was exactly what I've been looking for. We didn't go to AK that trip. But, I've done tons of internet searches for it and never found it. Sound familiar to any of you?

I saw a crossover bag in one of the store at AK it was just like you described. I only saw it in that park. I did not see it at AKL either.

918-PYRITE-copym.jpg

I second the Kavu! I found the Baggalini, which I used for one trip, just a little too big and it was hard to find things in it. This bag just seemed to be the right size and have the right number of compartments for everything I carry. I would also say that it was the most comfortable bag I ever used since the strap is specifically a cross-body style that let it sit comfortably on me. Barely knew it was there.

918-PYRITE-copym.jpg

I have this same bag and used it on our trip last year and it was great. :thumbsup2 Plan on using it again this year!

It was comfortable and laid across my shoulder great and I hardly knew it was there. I'm pooh-sized myself and "Ursula" sized on the my top...like I said I think anybody can wear this bag comfortability. BTW, great taste in teams. :thumbsup2

I used a Vera Bradley backsac on my last trip and it worked well. My only complaint was that I didn't like having everything on my back, where I couldn't see it. Unfortunately Vera Bradley retired this bag so this year I'm using an over the shoulder Coach bag. I use it all the time and it fits a lot. I'm able to fit my iPad, flip camera, and digital camera in just the main part of the bag. It also has a bag pocket and zippered front pocket to hold more.

I have a Travelon bag that I love but I sometimes wish it was a little bigger especially for a full day. I was just thinking the other day about getting suggestions from the boards for a good cross-body bag and then I saw this thread! I just ordered the Kavu today and I can't wait to get it!

Funny story - I was telling my husband about ordering this bag and all he heard was "body bag" and said "What???" LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter