Shrek Takes On Mickey: The Dreamworks Experience Aboard Allure of the Seas 9/18-25

Great trip report very informative and descriptive. You have helped me prepare for our upcoming cruise on The Allure of the Seas!!!

Thank you:cool1:

I cruised the Fantasy 1 week before you and have been following your trip report on the Fantasy ever since. I decided to come check out your Allure trip report and I'm so glad I did! I think we may wait a few years until DD can enjoy more of the ship's activities (she's 5). But I definitely want to sail on this Ship! Thank you so much for taking the time to do these trip reports. I'm can't wait for more installments on the Fantasy report. I think I want to start from the beginning again. :yay::goodvibes:):)

The entire extended family is sailing on the Allure of the Seas this coming January. Its very exciting. There will be 10 of us - My parents; my brother and girlfriend; my sister, brother-in-law, and nephew; and finally my wife, daughter and myself!

This trip report had a lot to do with us booking! Thank you for taking the time to post such wonderful, informative info that is so enjoyable to read :)

Great trip report very informative and descriptive. You have helped me prepare for our upcoming cruise on The Allure of the Seas!!!

Thank you:cool1:

You are so welcome! I'm so glad you liked and and really glad it helped you! I hope you LOVE Allure as much as we did! :goodvibes

I cruised the Fantasy 1 week before you and have been following your trip report on the Fantasy ever since. I decided to come check out your Allure trip report and I'm so glad I did! I think we may wait a few years until DD can enjoy more of the ship's activities (she's 5). But I definitely want to sail on this Ship! Thank you so much for taking the time to do these trip reports. I'm can't wait for more installments on the Fantasy report. I think I want to start from the beginning again. :yay::goodvibes:):)

Aww, thank you so much! I hate that my Fantasy TR has been stalled for so long. Several different things have interfered with that including technical issues with my computer and photo sharing account, to starting my new job and what has seemed like endless applications for many positions over the last few months. It has been super crazy but I am feeling now that my most recent cruise is over I think things are now going to slow down a whole lot and I can get back on track over there. :goodvibes

I do hope you can cruise on Allure in the future- I think your daughter will love it!!!

The entire extended family is sailing on the Allure of the Seas this coming January. Its very exciting. There will be 10 of us - My parents; my brother and girlfriend; my sister, brother-in-law, and nephew; and finally my wife, daughter and myself!

This trip report had a lot to do with us booking! Thank you for taking the time to post such wonderful, informative info that is so enjoyable to read :)

I am so glad you decided to book Allure, and thrilled I might have helped you make your decision! I hope you and your whole family LOVE that ship as much as we do! :thumbsup2 We are really excited to get on Oasis this November..feels like it has been far too long since we've been on one of those fantastic ships!

thought i'd let you know - we are FINALLY going on the Allure...

i have wanted to sail on her ever since reading your trip report...

it all began with you!! :)

i can't wait!!!
less than 2 months to go (yes, i booked AFTER final payment...insane insane)..

and the countdown begins.......

Thanks for the comparison. We just finished our 2nd DCL trip and are booked on the Fantasy again for June 2013. I'm trying to talk my family into trying RCCL but they are official DCL snobs now. I think your comparison will help! Thanks again.

Thanks for the comparison. We just finished our 2nd DCL trip and are booked on the Fantasy again for June 2013. I'm trying to talk my family into trying RCCL but they are official DCL snobs now. I think your comparison will help! Thanks again.

DD, who like us, was a DCL snob, went on RCCL for the first time last year (on her honeymoon - in Alaska on the Radiance of the Seas)..
she LOVED it....she didn't say it's better than disney, but that it's also great and a lot of fun and now she's "loyal to royal" and dcl too :)

so she and her husband and DH and i, will be on the Allure in august...

did i mention how much i can't wait!!!!!! party:

Hi nenner1!

I just wanted to let you know that yours was one of my favourite trip reports of all time. Reading ones like yours made me want to write my own, so I did! Your report was one of the first I read several years ago before my first Disney cruise. I'd just like to tell you to keep it up :) & thank you

So which did you guys like better...Allure or Fantasy? If you could only book one more cruise in the next 10 years (I know...perish the thought!), which would it be??

And thanks for all of the awesome trip reports!

So which did you guys like better...Allure or Fantasy? If you could only book one more cruise in the next 10 years (I know...perish the thought!), which would it be??

And thanks for all of the awesome trip reports!

Jen's husband here.

My answer to that question is... Depends on the Dis group. The Allure is a nicer ship, but I'd take the Fantasy if it means we'd get to sail with some of the great people that we've met on our DCL cruises once again.:goodvibes

If I didn't know anyone on either ship... Easy, the Allure.

Ron

Jen's husband here.

My answer to that question is... Depends on the Dis group. The Allure is a nicer ship, but I'd take the Fantasy if it means we'd get to sail with some of the great people that we've met on our DCL cruises once again.:goodvibes

Ron

and yet another question... When it was all said and done, did you find that you spent about the same $ on both Allure and Fantasy? Or was there a substantial difference between them?

Jen's husband here.

Ron

I *SO* knew he'd say that! :rotfl2:

(For the record my opinion is the same!) :goodvibes

and yet another question... When it was all said and done, did you find that you spent about the same $ on both Allure and Fantasy? Or was there a substantial difference between them?

I'm sure Ron will add his $0.02 but we spent a lot less on Allure. I thin our bill was between $400-$500. We did not buy a lot of photos (Disney always gets me with the pics) and we usually have a lot of OBC on Disney through DU so we have spent much more liberally on DCL.:thumbsup2 (There are a lot of places to spend money on Allure though don't get me wrong. All of the specialty restaurants...and Cupcake Cupboard!!!)

Thank you so much for your trip report, I was a bit torn between RCL and DCL for our cruise and your trip report has really helped:)

Just off the August 18, 2013 Allure eastern - it was THE most perfect cruise EVER!!

The allure first came on my radar when I read your report
I finally got to sail on her last week and she was everything I hoped she'd be and much much much more!!
All four of us had a fantastic time!!!!!

We sailed allure from 1/12 to 1/19 2014. We are just getting back to home - which for us is Northern Virginia.

The ALLURE was amazing! :cool1::thumbsup2:yay::cheer2:

If it wasn't for this wonderful trip report we probably never would have sailed on her!

After our next planned cruise, which is the Disney Magic in Feb 2015, we are definitely going to look into booking the Oasis or Allure again!

RCL should put you on the payroll, I booked at March 2015 cruise based a ton of how cool it looks on this thread. Thanks again for posting it!

Can anyone help with door magnet designs for the Allure of the Seas? We are sailing on July 13th and after 2 summers of sailing on Disney (Dream/Fantasy) we can't go without of door magnets? Please help if you can. Thank you!

Thanks so much for your report! I keep going back and forth between Disney and RCCL! I keep thinking my kids will be bored on RCCL... Disney has spoiled us for sure!!! I think maybe that we will look into RCCL for our next trip or even this trip if I can get a good rate on KSF!!! :worship::worship: Thanks again!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter