Shuttle services from Port Canaveral to MCO? Any ground transportation recommendation?

MaleficentDisney

Earning My Ears
Hello. To anyone who has personal experience, please help me with this question.

Are there shuttle services from Port Canveral to MCO other than Disney Cruise dedicated service? I ask because Disney Cruise dedicated shuttle to MCO costs $45... per person. That's off putting to say the least. I have a family of 7. That's $315. Gross.

What do you see most people do on disembarkation day? Lyft? Uber? Disney cruise dedicated shuttle? Or another company?

The trip is about a hour and has many tolls along the way. The port can be very busy and Cape Canaveral is a small beach town. It can be difficult to get an Uber/Lyft to the airport. Getting something for 7 people and luggage would definitely be a challenge. You can try a limo service based in Orlando. We normally rent a car for the trip back to the airport so I don't have any specific company recommendations for the limo service.

We typically rent a car at MCO, drive to the port on embarkation day, drop everyone off and then return the car. The car rental place has a shuttle that runs to/from the port. On debarkation day, we do the reverse - the driver (and possibly the whole family) goes to the rental place and picks a car back up.

I know others have rented a car and then parked it at the port to avoid the pick up/drop off process… it’s never been an issue for us and we want to avoid the parking fee. We use our free rental car days so we’d prefer to save them. :)

TWO toll booths 'tween port and MCO ..... been that way for a while .... Dallas Road and at '417' <I'm a local and drive the route regularly ... wanna see my SUNPASS receipts :crutches:

with a group of 7 you really should check out a limo ..... they charge by the hour .....

https://hotrayzlimos.com/

1704665797169.png

they can hook a trailer for luggage . . .

TWO toll booths 'tween port and MCO ..... been that way for a while .... Dallas Road and at '417' <I'm a local and drive the route regularly ... wanna see my SUNPASS receipts :crutches:
If you stay on 528 there is only one, and it's shorter. I pickup friends at MCO when we cruise regularly.Screenshot 2024-01-07 17.37.34.png

I stand corrected, but 2 is not "many" which was the post I first replied to. Also I misunderstood your post and thought you took 417.

We used a car service years ago - it was a Yukon/large SUV for 5 of us. I don’t know the name, but definitely look for a company that can provide a better price. Shuttles are great for 1-2 people; after that, it is not cost effective.

You won’t see taxis at PC.

You can get a price estimate for Lyft and Uber; use a day of the week and time similar to your own to get more accurate quote.

…Is $45 the new official price for DCL transfers?

Check out Viator and TripAdvisor if you don’t get input here. I see a 10-person van for $250.

At $30 pp, GoPort would still be cheaper for 7. We used them in September.

for my family of 4, a car service was cheaper than the DCL shuttle and it was fun to take a car service (we stopped at a Publix along the way and picked up bottled water and sunscreen). Just be sure to think about how much luggage you will have when choosing vehicle type. My family often uses ride shares, but we tend to only pack carry on suitcases and they usually barely fit in the trunks Of sedans.
Last year, I traveled with just my son (stayed at Swan the night before our cruise) and we Had a Lyft driver no-show on us and then we had to wait 30 minutes for a new one. I plan to just use a shuttle this year.

The ride we booked on our last cruise was a no show at the port so I walked up to the AIRPORT CANAVERAL shuttle and booked my family of 4 right then and we were on the road in 15 minutes in a minibus with other passengers. It was so outrageously easy that I’ll be using them again. I’m tired of waiting around for pre-arranged rides after cruises.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter