Silly irritations

People who use multiple explanation marks or question marks at the end of a sentence!!!!! Know what I mean?????? (That hurt just to type it.)

You know what bothers me? I don't know why, but when people use exclamation marks for sad reasons. I have seen so many times people posting condolences on fb like this:

I am so sorry for your loss!!!
How sad!!! I am so sorry!
My condolences !!
so sorry!!

I guess I associate exclamation marks with excitement or good news like, I'm engaged!! I am expecting!!! I just got a new job!!!

Ugh, I have the wanna be wookie too. He claims "it feels good" to make the noise when he yawns but I have come to believe that it only feels so good when he is doing it in my presence. When he yaws in the other room, I don't hear him do it. I work very hard to resist the urge to punch him in the throat.
:scared: My DH does what I call the "gargle-yawn" and since he does them while he's actually asleep, I can't really claim it's intentional to bug me. That doesn't make me want to punch him in the throat any less though. :furious:

Got another one;
"Virtual" celebrations. You know, the drive-by graduation car parades, drive-by commencement ceremonies, "Zoom graduations", all that nonsense. The point of graduations is for the GRADUATES to get together one last time before they head off to the next phase in their life. IT IS NOT for the parents and teachers to make a big show that they care. So disingenuous...

Wow! Never had an issue with that in 37 years in this house. The letter carriers here have no issue with cars parked in front of the mailbox.

I grew up with the mailbox being affixed to the house so street mailboxes were foreign to me. The mail carrier came to your door. Same with garbage collection. In the town I grew up in they came (and still do) to wherever in the rear yard you had the garbage pails and dumped them into their larger pail and carted it away. So all this curbside activity was new and I didn’t know the “rules”, if they really even existed.

That particular letter carrier was a real winner. If she had a package for you, she would stay in her vehicle and honk the horn, hoping you were home and would come out and retrieve it from her.

You know what bothers me? I don't know why, but when people use exclamation marks for sad reasons. I have seen so many times people posting condolences on fb like this:

I am so sorry for your loss!!!
How sad!!! I am so sorry!
My condolences !!
so sorry!!

I guess I associate exclamation marks with excitement or good news like, I'm engaged!! I am expecting!!! I just got a new job!!!

Poor grammar and punctuation makes me think the person is dumb.

I grew up with the mailbox being affixed to the house so street mailboxes were foreign to me. The mail carrier came to your door. Same with garbage collection. In the town I grew up in they came (and still do) to wherever in the rear yard you had the garbage pails and dumped them into their larger pail and carted it away. So all this curbside activity was new and I didn’t know the “rules”, if they really even existed.

That particular letter carrier was a real winner. If she had a package for you, she would stay in her vehicle and honk the horn, hoping you were home and would come out and retrieve it from her.

we don’t have a mailbox or get mail delivery we have to pick us up at the post office because we’re such a small town that they don’t deliver

I grew up with house delivery it took a lot to get used to doing this and the post office is only open from 830 to 12 and 3 to 530

Got another one;
"Virtual" celebrations. You know, the drive-by graduation car parades, drive-by commencement ceremonies, "Zoom graduations", all that nonsense. The point of graduations is for the GRADUATES to get together one last time before they head off to the next phase in their life. IT IS NOT for the parents and teachers to make a big show that they care. So disingenuous...
Actually it is for parents to show they care. They wouldn't be there if it weren't for their kids. Truth be told 3/4 of the kids are only there for their parents.

In many areas, new construction neighborhoods are getting cluster boxes. They aren't even in front of your house on the street any more.

Lately it's folding fitted sheets for storage. So far 2 king and 1 queen size. I sorta got one of the methods I saw on YouTube to work out okay but it still wasn't as small and neat as they made it. My husband says just throw them in the closet don't worry about the bag I want them in the bag, why can't they make the bags a wee bit bigger so it can be reused more easily cuz you can never get it back in the bag perfectly.

Actually it is for parents to show they care. They wouldn't be there if it weren't for their kids. Truth be told 3/4 of the kids are only there for their parents.

In many areas, new construction neighborhoods are getting cluster boxes. They aren't even in front of your house on the street any more.
View attachment 522379
Our new house has a cluster box. Hate it.

Wow! Never had an issue with that in 37 years in this house. The letter carriers here have no issue with cars parked in front of the mailbox.
The mailman may or may not be allowed to leave the vehicle while delivering mail. It's not unusual for mail to be skipped in our neighborhood, if a car is parked in front of mailboxes . And, sometimes, the mailman will leave a note on the offending car.

The mailman may or may not be allowed to leave the vehicle while delivering mail. It's not unusual for mail to be skipped in our neighborhood, if a car is parked in front of mailboxes . And, sometimes, the mailman will leave a note on the offending car.
Not sure why they wouldn't be allowed to leave the vehicle. Unless they have very long arms and can reach from the street, across the sidewalk, to the mailbox, it's impossible to put mail in the mailbox without getting out of the vehicle. My subdivision was built starting in 1976 and the mailboxes are in the law across the sidewalk. My street was extended in 1985 and those houses have mailbox clusters every few houses. The street behind us the houses were builtin 1956 and the mailboxes are on the house, it is a walking mail route. Same mailman, three different mailbox setups in the distance of one block.

Not sure why they wouldn't be allowed to leave the vehicle. Unless they have very long arms and can reach from the street, across the sidewalk, to the mailbox, it's impossible to put mail in the mailbox without getting out of the vehicle. My subdivision was built starting in 1976 and the mailboxes are in the law across the sidewalk. My street was extended in 1985 and those houses have mailbox clusters every few houses. The street behind us the houses were builtin 1956 and the mailboxes are on the house, it is a walking mail route. Same mailman, three different mailbox setups in the distance of one block.
It's my understanding that, if the mailman has to leave the vehicle (as he does for a portion of our area, since they have door side mailboxes), it must parked, closed up and locked. Not something he wants to do to deliver the mail to just one mailbox on the curb. Our mailboxes in the 3-4 blocks around our house are right on the curb, not across the sidewalk.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter