Silly irritations

It's my understanding that, if the mailman has to leave the vehicle (as he does for a portion of our area, since they have door side mailboxes), it must parked, closed up and locked. Not something he wants to do to deliver the mail to just one mailbox on the curb. Our mailboxes in the 3-4 blocks around our house are right on the curb, not across the sidewalk.
Yes, they lock up and park the truck for the walking route. For my block, they pull to the curb, put the mail truck in park, shut off the engine, take off their seatbelt, step across the sidewalk, put the mail in the mailbox, get back in the truck, put on the seatbelt, start the engine, pull 60 feet to the next mailbox, and repeat the entire cycle

Yes, they lock up and park the truck for the walking route. For my block, they pull to the curb, put the mail truck in park, shut off the engine, take off their seatbelt, step across the sidewalk, put the mail in the mailbox, get back in the truck, put on the seatbelt, start the engine, pull 60 feet to the next mailbox, and repeat the entire cycle
We're already having issues with mail delivery here (since the pandemic) with not receiving mail until after 9:00 pm. Sometimes not even getting delivery every day. I can't imagine how late delivery would be if the mailman had to do that here.

I literally avoid facebook and use it just to connect with relatives and remember birthdays. I hate hearing everyones political opinions, their vague problems that they want sympathy and attention for, bragfests, nuggets of wisdom in cursive that sound so cheesey, perfect family on the outside, Instagram knock off fame. I...just cant take it. Anyone who wants me texts me!

We're already having issues with mail delivery here (since the pandemic) with not receiving mail until after 9:00 pm. Sometimes not even getting delivery every day. I can't imagine how late delivery would be if the mailman had to do that here.
We had late mail here for about three weeks about two months ago. Been in the house 37 years and regular delivery has varied as routes are redone, but the last few years mail is normally delivered around Noon. The rumor......and I stress rumor......has been there is a dispute between the letter carriers and the local Postmaster in recent months over work start time. Postmaster wants them to start work at 6 am A combination of the pandemic and our 100 degree summer weather had the letter carriers asking to start earlier so they can be off the streets before the hottest part of the day.

I grew up with the mailbox being affixed to the house so street mailboxes were foreign to me. The mail carrier came to your door. Same with garbage collection. In the town I grew up in they came (and still do) to wherever in the rear yard you had the garbage pails and dumped them into their larger pail and carted it away. So all this curbside activity was new and I didn’t know the “rules”, if they really even existed.

That particular letter carrier was a real winner. If she had a package for you, she would stay in her vehicle and honk the horn, hoping you were home and would come out and retrieve it from her.

Same with me. The town I grew up in (Bergen County) was exactly like that. Our mailboxes were attached to the house and remember many a morning, getting ready for school and the garbage man was walking to the back of the house. Yes, bringing their big cans and emptying the smaller cans into it. No lugging garbage cans to the curb, for us. Moved to South Jersey and have to lug the the cans to the curb and we have rural mail delivery. We thought that when the mailman puts mail in your box, he put up the flag to let you know. LOL.

Mine is Realtor. It's pronounced Real-Tor not Re-La-Tor. Arghhhhhh!

Usually mispronunciations really bother me too, but for some reason I say “car-mel” without thinking about it. My very laidback sister flips out when I say that. “It’s CAR-a-mel!”

Similar to the above, at a previous address I had other people park in front of my street mailbox. When blocked, the post office won’t deliver the mail. Now to add insult to injury, the mail carrier would leave a note in the mailbox saying the mail could not be delivered because a vehicle was blocking the mailbox. Number one, do you think I was blocking my own mailbox? Leave a note on the offending vehicle, not in the victim mailbox. Number two, if you got out of the mail truck to put that note in the box, couldn’t you just as easily have left the mail too?

We had a mailman like that. Thank goodness he retired!

I hate group texts or emails for jokes or party invites where everyone is replying back to the original person but I don't know all the people and I end up getting spammed with texts or emails from people I don't even know.

Thought of a couple more:

People trying to be "influencers" on YouTube.

MLMs and people who only want to talk about the product they are hawking.

I hate group texts or emails for jokes or party invites where everyone is replying back to the original person but I don't know all the people and I end up getting spammed with texts or emails from people I don't even know.

Yes!! I have a work friend who does this constantly, and then within the group text she’ll start individual conversations with people I don’t know. “Tina, how’s your mom?” Etc. Because of her I learned how to turn off notifications for certain text threads.

I literally avoid facebook and use it just to connect with relatives and remember birthdays. I hate hearing everyones political opinions, their vague problems that they want sympathy and attention for, bragfests, nuggets of wisdom in cursive that sound so cheesey, perfect family on the outside, Instagram knock off fame. I...just cant take it. Anyone who wants me texts me!

The vague problems is another one! I have a few friends who make vague posts. I think they are looking for someone to ask "what's wrong" so that they feel someone cares. One friend in particular, who I know is having a rough go (an unfriendly divorce) posts something almost every day about how awful things are, but doesn't say exactly what is wrong.

Same with me. The town I grew up in (Bergen County) was exactly like that. Our mailboxes were attached to the house and remember many a morning, getting ready for school and the garbage man was walking to the back of the house. Yes, bringing their big cans and emptying the smaller cans into it. No lugging garbage cans to the curb, for us. Moved to South Jersey and have to lug the the cans to the curb and we have rural mail delivery. We thought that when the mailman puts mail in your box, he put up the flag to let you know. LOL.
Essex county here, lug cans to the curb and the mail is 100% delivered to the box on the house. My current mail lady walks up and down walkways to the sidewalk, the last guy cut across the lawns.

Essex county here, lug cans to the curb and the mail is 100% delivered to the box on the house. My current mail lady walks up and down walkways to the sidewalk, the last guy cut across the lawns.

Our mailman would park his truck in the shade and walk with huge bag on his shoulder, up & down to each walkway. He’d go down one side and up the other and then move the truck. My grandparents lived one town over and their mailman would use some sort of rolling cart that he’d leave at the bottom of the walkway and up and down in the same manor as ours.

I knew you were in NJ, didn’t know it was Essex County and have read your Covid updates. Essex County was decimated. I work for a company that deals with needing to go into the county courthouses and it was closed for the longest time. When they did open to the pubic, it was appointment only. Can’t recall if we still need appointments in Essex, some counties have lifted that.

Our mailman would park his truck in the shade and walk with huge bag on his shoulder, up & down to each walkway. He’d go down one side and up the other and then move the truck. My grandparents lived one town over and their mailman would use some sort of rolling cart that he’d leave at the bottom of the walkway and up and down in the same manor as ours.

I knew you were in NJ, didn’t know it was Essex County and have read your Covid updates. Essex County was decimated. I work for a company that deals with needing to go into the county courthouses and it was closed for the longest time. When they did open to the pubic, it was appointment only. Can’t recall if we still need appointments in Essex, some counties have lifted that.
It was bad, my town had 7 new cases this week, our schools will not be opening. The good news is that everyone here wears a mask still.

This sounds really insensitive but when people wish a deceased person "Happy Birthday" on social media. The person has died. There are no more happy birthdays.

Go ahead and post in remembrance of them on their birthday, but don't say happy birthday.

The name “Pop Pop” for a grandfather.

That always makes me think about Arrested Development and that episode where George Michael says "we have Pop Pop up in the attic" and Michael Bluth replies "if you are still calling it pop pop, you're not ready to be doing it yet."

Our new house has a cluster box. Hate it.

We have had one since we moved here in 2015. I love it. Much more secure. The ability to put packages in larger lockers also cuts down on theft from packages being left at the door.

We have had one since we moved here in 2015. I love it. Much more secure. The ability to put packages in larger lockers also cuts down on theft from packages being left at the door.
My mail carrier has put my packages in box and left key with another person. Twice. And my mail in wrong box too. I get wrong mail sometimes as well but can't just put it in neighbor's box since we have these lock boxes with no slots or addresses on them. Also never know if mail has come yet and many times will walk over to find it hadn't been delivered yet. I think we have a couple carriers and not one set person. Cause for a while it gets delivered around 4pm and then it will be noon for a while. And ours is around corner 2 blocks away. Not super close.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter