Single Day Rainforest Pass $ Increased today!

They probably had too many people and the price hike was a way for them to limit the admissions, to keep that area more quiet and relaxing? If so, it seems to be working, based upon the comments so far. :confused3
I understand why this may be a viable reason, but we've never experienced it to be crowded in the past. We've sailed Dream, Fantasy and Wonder and always enjoyed the quiet of the Rainforest Pass. Maybe others have experienced it differently. Oh well...we're fine without it.

They probably had too many people and the price hike was a way for them to limit the admissions, to keep that area more quiet and relaxing? If so, it seems to be working, based upon the comments so far. :confused3
I think indirectly yes, but everything Disney does is $ driven. I felt the day passes a good alternative to the cruise length pass price (a better $ value unless using daily) and they may be increasing the day pass cost to maximize single pass $ generated but also drive up the cruise length pass sales which seem a better value now (unless they go up too). They can also sell more cruise length passes knowing most will not use daily again generating them more $.

I am noticing something on the app. I have a couples massage booked and the reservation shows 335.00 as the price. But if I want to book a new reservation it shows 369.00 as the price. I am thinking the spa services all increased!

I hope you get your quiet time. The last time I was there, there were a few young ladies that thought they could laugh and speak in any manner they wanted because they were having fun.

Is there some sort of spa etiquette against talking and laughing? In my experience, spa sauda/steam rooms are a social thing (ever been to a korean spa?). Maybe this is a cultural difference?

Is there some sort of spa etiquette against talking and laughing? In my experience, spa sauda/steam rooms are a social thing (ever been to a korean spa?). Maybe this is a cultural difference?

In my experience, spas are supposed to be places of quiet and peaceful relaxation.

This is what I read when I look at the Spa on the cruise site:

The Senses Spa & Salon provides tranquility, pampering and relaxation with a multitude of spa and beauty treatments.

Dive into pure bliss, indulgent luxuries and inner contentment in an environment designed to soothe the senses.
This pristine setting features rainforest-themed aromatherapy steam rooms, a dry sauna fashioned after a Roman bath, private luxury villas and so much more.

Nothing of that description prepares me for a social, party time.

Last edited:
I think indirectly yes, but everything Disney does is $ driven. I felt the day passes a good alternative to the cruise length pass price (a better $ value unless using daily) and they may be increasing the day pass cost to maximize single pass $ generated but also drive up the cruise length pass sales which seem a better value now (unless they go up too). They can also sell more cruise length passes knowing most will not use daily again generating them more $.
Remember the spa is run by a third party, not by Disney. So while your statement about Disney and money is true, lets make sure we put the blame where it lies. Now could Disney be charging the Senses people more and more to have the space, which Senses then passes on to the customer, sure. But we don't know for sure.

In my experience, spas are supposed to be places of quiet and peaceful relaxation.

This is what I read when I look at the Spa on the cruise site:

The Senses Spa & Salon provides tranquility, pampering and relaxation with a multitude of spa and beauty treatments.

Dive into pure bliss, indulgent luxuries and inner contentment in an environment designed to soothe the senses.
This pristine setting features rainforest-themed aromatherapy steam rooms, a dry sauna fashioned after a Roman bath, private luxury villas and so much more.

Nothing of that description prepares me for a social, party time.
I was using the hot tile lounger on the Dream last month when a married couple came in and picked out the only loungers available, not next to each other. I drifted back out into zen (or sleep, not sure which), when the sound of fierce whispers woke me up. I opened my eyes to discover that the couple were now in loungers next to each other, having a quiet spat. Eventually someone in the room quietly shushed them.

The arguing began again in a quiet, fierce, whisper and two of the guests left. Again someone whispered “shush” and but the angry whispers just got louder. Finally a small, white haired lady sat up and loudly said “Will you please shut the .... up)” and laid back down. A few people started laughing, including me, at which point a spa employee entered the sanctuary. She went over to the bickering couple, who had started packing up, and then they left.

So how do I know they were married? One of the whispered remarks was “I can’t believe I ever married you.” I hope they were not on their honeymoon!

I was using the hot tile lounger on the Dream last month when a married couple came in and picked out the only loungers available, not next to each other. I drifted back out into zen (or sleep, not sure which), when the sound of fierce whispers woke me up. I opened my eyes to discover that the couple were now in loungers next to each other, having a quiet spat. Eventually someone in the room quietly shushed them.

The arguing began again in a quiet, fierce, whisper and two of the guests left. Again someone whispered “shush” and but the angry whispers just got louder. Finally a small, white haired lady sat up and loudly said “Will you please shut the .... up)” and laid back down. A few people started laughing, including me, at which point a spa employee entered the sanctuary. She went over to the bickering couple, who had started packing up, and then they left.

So how do I know they were married? One of the whispered remarks was “I can’t believe I ever married you.” I hope they were not on their honeymoon!

Oh, no. That's sad. I hope so too.

That small, white haired lady could have been me! Lol It really wasn't, but I did ask the ladies to be quieter during my last visit. I just didn't use the colorful language that lady did.

Is there consensus that the Rainforest Room and adjacent hot tub area is supposed to be quiet or am I in the minority?

hmm... I've been to a few korean spas and ancient baths and at everyone they have signs saying no talking about a whisper and it's definitely something they try to enforce per the staff. I think it can be a hit or miss with the rainforest room. When we went, we were able to get in the hot tubs and had no trouble sitting in the saunas or showers. The heated chairs were always taken though.

Was that for Dream/Fantasy? Because last October on the Magic it was only $16 for the pass. Compared to what is charged for Spa Treatments, I thought under $20 was well worth it.

I only went once, but you can use it all day.

Darn. I was going to get a pass to try this for the first time. In my opinion what they offer it’s not worth it at that price. Inreally wanted a chill place. In fact I am somewhat less excited about our Fantasy sailing in 8weeks as we just off the oasis. The adult solarium was divine and huge. Had pools, hot tubs and totally relaxing Not lookng forward to the lack of spa - ness.

Go for it, small white haired lady! I can't stand loud people in quiet places. And yes, the Rainforest Room is supposed to be peaceful & fairly quiet.

I normally avoid shushing people, but sometimes I can't help myself. We visited the Anne Frank House last month, and as we walked in line through the Secret Annex, we were unfortunately right next to a small group of chatty French teenagers. Everyone else there understood that it was a place of quiet learning and reflection, but they didn't get that, so I quietly shushed them.

Some people can be so obtuse...A married couple bitterly fighting in a spa? I guess they want to keep even their divorce upscale.

Last edited:
Re: spa etiquette

I used the Rainforest Room last week. There were ample signs in the changing rooms and in all parts of the Rainforest Room asking guests to maintain a tranquil environment.

Was that for Dream/Fantasy? Because last October on the Magic it was only $16 for the pass. Compared to what is charged for Spa Treatments, I thought under $20 was well worth it.

I only went once, but you can use it all day.

That was last October. Prices have clearly increased since then. Last October it was $16+ the 18% gratuity (so $18ish) on the Dream and Fantasy too.

Hmm, I usually purchase a few of these in advance, that price though really isn’t worth it. I’d rather book a massage and enjoy the spa since access would be included.

Hmm, I usually purchase a few of these in advance, that price though really isn’t worth it. I’d rather book a massage and enjoy the spa since access would be included.

No. Unless it has changed very recently, Rainforest Room admission is NOT included in spa services.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter