Singles/Solos/Adults Food&Wine 2014 Roll Call!

headed down this year on my solo trip on sept 20-25 staying at pop. f&w and got all my good table service lunch's and signature dinners. shouldnt have any issues in adding another person if someone missed out on getting a res at flying fish, citricos, jiko, cali grill, and artist point all around 6pm.

DH, DDalmost21 (she will be for our trip) and I will be at BWV October 11-16, 2014. She's been planning on drinking her way around the F&W Fest with us for about 6 years now! We'll be at Epcot on Saturday Oct. 11 (it's our arrival day, about 1pm into BWV… we'll do what we can, might be too tired from our 5:50am flight to have much late night fun) and then again all day on Wed. 10/15. Hopefully we'll get a visit to Jellyrolls in there sometime. Can't wait to have an "adults" trip to Disney!

Alrighty, I think I've got everything updated. They managed to ban the Disboards at my workplace due to being a phishing/malicious website ???? And these crazy northeast thunderstorms have had my internet on the fritz at home, so my time on the DIS as of late has been seriously limited.

Me
Alrighty, I think I've got everything updated. They managed to ban the Disboards at my workplace due to being a phishing/malicious website ???? And these crazy northeast thunderstorms have had my internet on the fritz at home, so my time on the DIS as of late has been seriously limited.

The same thing happened to me at work this week!
DISboards blocked due to it being a known phishing

Unless we work for the same company, DISboards
must have changed one of it's settings :confused3

:badpc:

Hey Kirk. What F&W Events do you plan on doing.

1st Solo trip!!! Im extremely excited!!! I cant wait!! Im goin to Universal from Sept 23-26 (CabanaBay) & Sept 27-30 (ASMo) So looking forward to HarryPotter, Halloween Horror Nights, Mickeys Not So Scary Halloween Party & of course Food & Wine!!

The same thing happened to me at work this week!
DISboards blocked due to it being a known phishing

Unless we work for the same company, DISboards
must have changed one of it's settings :confused3

:badpc:

If you check out the tech support board on the DIS, quite a few of us have noticed that the DIS was flagged by various firewalls and software as malicious ... seems to have started earlier this month. it's probably something with the flash based ads run on the site.

Hey Kirk. What F&W Events do you plan on doing.

Not sure just yet, as I guess I need to wait for some of the detailed event descriptions that will probably come along with the official schedule next week. Hoping some more details may come out earlier with the TiW dinner on the 19th.

I'm disappointed there will be no 3D Dessert party the Friday I'm down, but I'm interested in finding out more about the 'Dining Through the Decades' event on 10/24. Right now I'm keeping an eye on 'Dining Through the Decades', the Parisian breakfast, the shake/indulge Grand Marnier event, and possibly the Disney Global Chefs PFTS. Also interested on what chef will be doing the Sunday brunch over my weekend. Probably pick up a few daily demos depending on the schedule. Basically I've gotta see the detailed schedule to figure things out ... hopefully by next weekend I'll sort of have an attack plan. If reservations are like last year, I'll probably take the morning off from work when the ressies open just to take place in the mayhem for the hard to get events.

Keep me updated on what you are gonna do. I might join you. Still have my number?

Yup, I've still got your number in my phone. My # is still the same from last year if you still have it. I'll try to post on this thread what I'm trying for before reservations open. It sounds like nothing is a guarantee again this year. Early reports are coming in from the F&W preview dinner that advance reservations will be set-up like last year which created a huge freakin' mess of misinformation. Should be fun this year will plenty of sell-outs even before general sale ... good times :sad2:

Yup, I've still got your number in my phone. My # is still the same from last year if you still have it. I'll try to post on this thread what I'm trying for before reservations open. It sounds like nothing is a guarantee again this year. Early reports are coming in from the F&W preview dinner that advance reservations will be set-up like last year which created a huge freakin' mess of misinformation. Should be fun this year will plenty of sell-outs even before general sale ... good times :sad2:

I don't think I still have your number. I come on rarely. When you know what you are doing. Text me. Maybe we can do a few together

Hi Everyone, looks like I'm doing the actual Food and Wine fest with a friend during the busy weekend on Oct. 25 (that's when she was available) but I'm solo some other days and would like to meet up with other solos if anyone may like to join me for any of these --

Oct. 22 - listen to (loud) music at Jellyrolls, starting around 9:45PM or 10PM
Oct. 23 - MNSSHP (mostly doing character meets, parade, and fireworks)
Oct. 27 - lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern
Oct. 28 - breakfast at Kona Café
Oct. 28 - campfire sing-along at Fort Wilderness
Oct. 28 - late dinner at Artist's Point
Oct. 31 - Yehaa Bob show (evening)
Nov. 1 - lunch at 50's Prime Time Café
Nov. 1 - dinner at T-Rex
Nov. 1 - watch Irish tap dancing at Raglan Road (evening)

You're welcome to send me a PM if you'd like more info or might like to meet up.

I will be doing my first solo trip at the same time. I love my daughters but I am really excited to experience the parks on my own for the first time...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter