Sister Wives

During the land discussion, I felt badly for Meri until she said, “Fine then I’ll go live in Parowan.” Robin snapped back, “Don’t even joke about that!” It showed that Meri likes to play the victim. Then when they resumed the discussion at Christine’s house, Meri said, “Can we not make this all about attacking me?” I didn’t think anyone was attacking her. They said they were just trying to understand. She just kept playing the victim.

During the land discussion, I felt badly for Meri until she said, “Fine then I’ll go live in Parowan.” Robin snapped back, “Don’t even joke about that!” It showed that Meri likes to play the victim. Then when they resumed the discussion at Christine’s house, Meri said, “Can we not make this all about attacking me?” I didn’t think anyone was attacking her. They said they were just trying to understand. She just kept playing the victim.

I agree that comment was out of line. If she wants them to let it go, she can’t use it as a threat even if she’s joking

Anytime anyone is not 100% on board with Meri, she perceives it as an attack. There’s a difference between disagreeing and being “against” her but Meri never makes that distinction.

I think the problem Meri has is feeling as important as the other wives. I think her behavior is childish but I think it’s her way of begging Kody to make her feel wanted. she seems soooo sad that I can’t help but to feel shes looking for belonging. Kody always seems so angry at her. i don’t blame him but I cant Help but to feel sad for her.

I think the problem Meri has is feeling as important as the other wives. I think her behavior is childish but I think it’s her way of begging Kody to make her feel wanted. she seems soooo sad that I can’t help but to feel shes looking for belonging. Kody always seems so angry at her. i don’t blame him but I cant Help but to feel sad for her.
For thirty years though? Kody is a Class A jerk with control issues for sure but how would you react if you had to put up with that for 30 years? If what we’re seeing is only a small fraction can you imaging what we’re not seeing?

I don't feel sorry for Meri. And as someone who had fertility problems of my own, I tend to have great sympathy for those who struggle with it.

Meri seems depressed. She seems to be lacking something. Maybe emotional closeness because her daughter is grown and her husband is busy with his other wives. But Meri is in a plural marriage and could have helped mother her sister wives' kids. But she was too busy making sure nobody took advantage of her. She's in a plural marriage and they're all supposed to support each other. But Meri behaves more like an ex-wife than a sister wife.

For thirty years though? Kody is a Class A jerk with control issues for sure but how would you react if you had to put up with that for 30 years? If what we’re seeing is only a small fraction can you imaging what we’re not seeing?

I hear you, and you’re not wrong but it works both ways. there is also 30 years of bad behavior from Cody that we don’t see. I just feel like if he has a really has calling to be the leader of this family, he’s the one who needs to step up. I thought it was her fault in the past but these last two seasons I think it’s been 90% him refusing to let her in. I’ve never felt bad for her before, but I have lately

I hear you, and you’re not wrong but it works both ways. there is also 30 years of bad behavior from Cody that we don’t see. I just feel like if he has a really has calling to be the leader of this family, he’s the one who needs to step up. I thought it was her fault in the past but these last two seasons I think it’s been 90% him refusing to let her in. I’ve never felt bad for her before, but I have lately
Oh for sure, they made this bed together. I think I’ve personally lost my patience for the whole victim mentality. My thoughts on the whole spiritual thing cannot be discussed without delving deeper into religious discussion but suffice it to say I feel it’s about that only when it suits them.

I agree with you on that, I’m just always kind of determined to hold their behavior to the standard they claim, and see how they fall short. 😂😂😂

We have to remember that they play up drama to keep the show going.
Much of last nights show was probably made up fighting.

The show was almost cancelled and Kody negotiated another season at a reduced payment.

If everything was lovey dovey people would stopped watching after season one.

It definitely feels to me, most of the time that Kody is in this plural marriage to feed his ego Not necessarily because of a belief system. the whole thing seems so messy when they are all together. I’m sure some of it is for tv. It just seems like Meri is in so much pain, understandably most of it self inflicted, still it seems like real pain.

We have to remember that they play up drama to keep the show going.
Much of last nights show was probably made up fighting.

The show was almost cancelled and Kody negotiated another season at a reduced payment.

If everything was lovey dovey people would stopped watching after season one.
See I thinks it’s the opposite. I think there was always fighting and they curbed what we saw to give us the idea that they’re just a family like anyone else. With it being almost cancelled they’ve now agreed to let us see the fighting.

I don't understand why the lots seem to be set in stone. It's not like Vegas where they bought in a development and the lots were what they were. This is their land. If I'm not mistaken there is no water or sewer or anything yet so they could really divide it any way they want. Can't 2 houses be built near the trees? Couldn't more land be cleared?

the acreage is 4 separate parcels of different sizes and are each owned separately (each by kody and a different wife). depending on what the land laws are like there they may be limited to only 1 single family home per parcel. where i live only 1 home can be built on a 10 acre parcel and you cannot subdivide 10 acre parcels. the only way kody was going to be able to sneak his multi family dream house by the county there was to put it within the confines of one lot and only have the one entrance and exit so that it technically met the specs for a single family home though i suspect if his neighbors had put up a stink they could have gotten it denied b/c 'single family home' can come with limitations on bathrooms (environmental health determines how many can be sustained on a parcel's or communities flow field or septic system), how much traffic is permitted on an easement or county road...

even if none of these restrictions exist, i can't imagine a lender financing a home to be built for say christine on the land legaly under mortgage by robyn. loans are secured by structures/property and lenders don't want something they don't have clear entitlement to use as security (i don't believe any lender would have approved that single big house b/c really? if it went into foreclosure who in their right mind would buy it?).

I used to feel sorry for Meri, but I can’t anymore. As everyone has said, she is always playing the victim. I feel she wants out but is stuck. That joke about Parowan probably wasn’t a joke and she wanted to see everyone’s reaction. I also noticed during the first few episodes when the wives and Kody were on the couch, Meri couldn’t even look at anyone. Even when a joke was being made and they were all laughing, she couldn’t even muster a smirk. She doesn’t even try anymore.

Agreed, I think the single-family home was a fun plot point for lots of drama but never an actual possibility. It just doesn’t make any financial sense. It’s not like these people are loaded

And I’m reasonably sure they sold the Vegas houses because they needed that money.The housing market in Vegas hasn’t dropped out yet, so Kody’s sense of urgency was only rational if he needed the cash

the acreage is 4 separate parcels of different sizes and are each owned separately (each by kody and a different wife). depending on what the land laws are like there they may be limited to only 1 single family home per parcel. where i live only 1 home can be built on a 10 acre parcel and you cannot subdivide 10 acre parcels. the only way kody was going to be able to sneak his multi family dream house by the county there was to put it within the confines of one lot and only have the one entrance and exit so that it technically met the specs for a single family home though i suspect if his neighbors had put up a stink they could have gotten it denied b/c 'single family home' can come with limitations on bathrooms (environmental health determines how many can be sustained on a parcel's or communities flow field or septic system), how much traffic is permitted on an easement or county road...

even if none of these restrictions exist, i can't imagine a lender financing a home to be built for say christine on the land legaly under mortgage by robyn. loans are secured by structures/property and lenders don't want something they don't have clear entitlement to use as security (i don't believe any lender would have approved that single big house b/c really? if it went into foreclosure who in their right mind would buy it?).

Thank you. I must've missed something. I thought they bought one huge parcel of land that they were going to subdivide. I get it now.

Also I think Kody is done with the big house thing after his lawyer told him he's sitting on a gold mine. He's not going to build that big house anymore. He's going to build houses, live there for a bit (or never actually move in) and then sell them or rent them out for huge profits.

I'll take it a step further. I doubt they ever actually build anything on the Coyote Pass land.

Kody is far too focused on the investment value of any property / house they own. He was practically giddy about the supposed increased value of the land. He's not looking at it as a place to build a home (or homes) to live in long term. He's looking at it as an investment. Besides which, I've always questioned whether they truly understand how much it's going to cost to develop and build on that land. I bet they eventually end up just selling it.

They certainly make some interesting financial decisions. If/when the TLC gravy train dries up I think it's gonna be really tough going for that family.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter