• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sister Wives

Oh, and I loved Madison's wedding...the theme, the clothes, the couple. I would be hesitant to have Cody do the ceremony without making sure I had a pretty good idea in advance what he was going to say. He's a rambler. I have to wonder if it was suggested to Madison that he officiate.

And I really don't think it was a big deal that he forgot about the rings, especially if it's not a thing that they normally do. I would think that with all the planning that Madison did there would've been some sort of checklist about how that part would even go, especially because she must know it's not a normal part of her family's ceremonies. In the end, it really didn't matter. As I always said to my kids when things didn't go quite right "it's a story to tell." In the whole scheme of things, when all sorts of big stuff can go wrong, that was pretty trivial.

My daughter didn't want my husband to see her in her wedding gown until her wedding day. The only way he would have beforehand anyway would be if I showed him a picture of her from a fitting. One of my favorite pictures and videos from that day is when he saw her for the first time in her gown in the lobby of the Boardwalk.

Now that I think about it, my father didn't see me in my wedding gown before the wedding either. It's not like I was determined that he wouldn't, but there was really no reason or opportunity for it.

I did a first look with my Dad as well before my Disney wedding. One of my favorite parts of the day!

What exactly is a "Mexican vintage" wedding theme?

I googled Mariah and the only news is that she went out drinking with brother Logan for her 21st birthday. At least that's all I could find.

Oh brother. So does she need his forgiveness or something?
Maybe, but the clip in the preview didn't show her looking too contrite. My guess is that it's more along the lines of "announcing" that she's moving away from the strictest interpretations of the family's religion. No permission or forgiveness required. Several of the other kids have already done this to varying degrees, it just hasn't been belaboured on the show. Not sure why Mariah would need to make an event of it.

So, spoiler alert!

Were you surprised she came out? I am not, I suspected this was going to be her big news. I hope she is happy and feels supported by her family.

Last edited:
I was surprised and I'm curious how the parents will all deal with her news.... Looks like Meri doesn't take it too well.

I haven't seen it yet, but it surprises me. I do remember a Q and A show a few years ago when a fan asked how they'd feel if one of the children were gay. They seemed accepting (hypothetically, at least).

I was surprised. Christine sounds supportive but Meri looks pretty upset. I hope they don't turn their backs on her..I think Kody might.

And, geez Louise, can this be the last we hear on the cat fishing? Practically the whole two hours was taken up by it.

I wonder how the others will feel that Meri drank?

I'm 2 hours into this 3 hour episode. Holy catfishing overload Batman! Can we just. let. it. go already? Pretty please?

I still find their attempts to not blame polygamy amusing. Meri has said more than once that she was lonely. Gee, having your husband split time with 3 other wives and 18 kids couldn't possibly have something to do with that, could it? Heck when they went to see Nancy (that's a drinking game, right? :drinking1) she hadn't even seen Kody in the 2 days since she had been home.

Love might be multiplied in a family that massive, but Kody's time isn't. He still has the same 24 hours in the day everyone else has.

Then visiting Nancy every day of her life wasn't apparently enough so she had to go find a counselor in Atlanta as well? :laughing:

I doubt we'll honestly know how they feel about Mariah coming out. I'm sure they will be careful how to react on TV.

I'm 2 hours into this 3 hour episode. Holy catfishing overload Batman! Can we just. let. it. go already? Pretty please?

I still find their attempts to not blame polygamy amusing. Meri has said more than once that she was lonely. Gee, having your husband split time with 3 other wives and 18 kids couldn't possibly have something to do with that, could it? Heck when they went to see Nancy (that's a drinking game, right? :drinking1) she hadn't even seen Kody in the 2 days since she had been home.

Love might be multiplied in a family that massive, but Kody's time isn't. He still has the same 24 hours in the day everyone else has.

Then visiting Nancy every day of her life wasn't apparently enough so she had to go find a counselor in Atlanta as well? :laughing:

I doubt we'll honestly know how they feel about Mariah coming out. I'm sure they will be careful how to react on TV.
There Twitter seem very supportive of her.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter