Sister Wives

I don't know. I remember at one point she was talking about how polygamous people would always say some of the closest relationships you will ever have would be with fellow sister wives and she said that now that Robyn had come into the family she finally had that which I always thought was a slap in the face to Janell and Christine.
Meri and Janell have never got alone ever they have admitted that from day one.

I kinda wish it had been an actually guy and Meri would have found someone that treated her decent she deserves better then she is getting with Kody.
See, I can’t get behind that. No matter the type of marriage you’ve chosen it’s on you to try and make it work. If you can’t then you need to make a clean break, not muddle it up with other people. Meri and Kody were having difficulty before this but he chose to ignore it and she chose to close herself off. He’s being a complete butthead about it now but they both made this mess. I can see *why* Meri got sucked into an online relationship but I can’t be okay with it. Cheating is cheating even if it’s just emotional and your husband has other wives. You have to walk the path you’ve chosen or leave the path altogether IMO. Meri and Kody want to blame each other and neither seems willing to give.

See, I can’t get behind that. No matter the type of marriage you’ve chosen it’s on you to try and make it work. If you can’t then you need to make a clean break not muddle it up with other people. Meri and Kody were having difficulty before this but he chose to ignore it and she chose to close herself off. He’s being a complete butthead about it now but they both made this mess. I can see *why* Meri got sucked into an online relationship but I can’t be okay with it. Cheating is cheating even if it’s just emotional and your husband has other wives. You have to walk the path you’ve chosen or leave the path altogether IMO. Meri and Kody want to blame each other and neither seems willing to give.
I'm not okay with her cheating I'm sorry if that's how my post came across. I just wish she had someone one she could confine to beside one of the sister wives. She needs some good outside friends they all do.

I'm not okay with her cheating I'm sorry if that's how my post came across. I just wish she had someone one she could confine to beside one of the sister wives. She needs some good outside friends they all do.
I agree. She’s in need of a good friend. Most of all though she needs to get right with herself. People can’t help you if you won’t let them.

I think Tony is disrespectful, did you see the way he was sitting on the couch when his siblings were there. And Mlkeyti used to want to do fashion & was smart and funny now she is as frumpy as Tony. And they both talk too much and try to sound smart and like they are worldly . The other boys never looked as frumpy as Tony.

Kae

I think she'll be the first to leave the group she already divorced him.
My money is on Janelle. Her kids are about raised, she doesn’t need built in babysitters anymore, she’s admitted she and Kody are more friends than a couple and she’s finally started to see her self worth. She’s also the financial person. Dollars to donuts she has an escape plan. I’d put good money on it.

Christine and Robin will never leave. Both way too complacent. I think Robin is the favorite not because she’s the younger “hotter” wife but because she does not push back. She thinks she needs Kody and he knows it.

I don’t think Meri will ever 100% leave. She might move to the B&B eventually but I don’t think she’ll ever really separate herself from the family.

I think when Christine said she wanted to be the 3rd wife, she meant last wife.

I think it was a huge shock to her what adding another wife to the family actually entailed. She was the last wife for...what like 15 years or something like that and it was easy for her to say "oh there's enough room for everybody" but suddenly when she was the one being replaced her perspective changed really fast. I remember in the really early episodes she made a comment along the lines of how she would talk to women in polygamous relationships and they would say how hard it was adding another wife to the family and she didn't understand what was so hard about it. It's because she hadn't experienced it before. While in theory she liked the idea of adding Robyn to the family once Robyn moved near the family house and suddenly Cody is spending every fourth evening with her and it is cutting into her time with him she realized what it actually meant to add another wife to the family and it hit her like a ton of bricks.

Did anyone find it interesting when they were talking about the doors in the B & B. About outside entrances

Wait, so no one wants to talk about Tony's brother? :crazy2:
lol!
hmm wonder if lito or litchi whatever his name is maybe he will marry one of the Brown Sistas-lol!

I think Kody is over Meri and probably wants to add a new younger wife. Did the psychic on one episode say Kody would marry another wife?
Robyn is his number #1 but he's probably ready to trade in Meri and Janelle for new wives

This show is a guilty pleasure for me. My son is home on college break and came in while I was watching. He can't stand Tony or Mykelti and thinks that they are way to immature to even consider marriage. He wanted to know how I could stand to watch a show with so many horrible people on it.

I think that Tony and Mykelti are acting extremely entitled when it comes to their wedding. If they were to have to pay for the wedding, I'm sure that the number of guests would be scaled down significantly, guests wouldn't be eating ten street tacos a piece, and they'd be more than happy to get dressed in a bathroom should that be what happened to fall within their budget.
I can't believe with 17 children (it is 17, right?) they wouldn't have planned out equity between the children and their weddings. Why didn't they figure x number of dollars for each child for each wedding? That way if one child or their betrothed wanted to blow the wad on 4000 tacos (I see you Tony) then they would have to pare down the number of guests. I just don't get it. These weddings are going to be coming fast and furiously and they are just now thinking about expenses?

Mykelti and Tony have no clue. I can't wait to see how they handle being on their own. Like someone said he will try and get a lot of air time so he can make more $$. Tony made comments that made me wonder if he will want another wife. When codie told him and his sibling to go get the tables Tony said something about him having 3 wives and Kidy said he has 4. Tony says one is cooking. My take was have your wives do it. Then he made another comment after the family dinner about the wives all in the kitchen cleaning. I bet he will sit on his butt and expect his wife to do everything for him. He is just so gross, he rushed it to have sex and for air time
Totally agree. I think he was telling Kody the wives should move the tables. I am trying to picture him in 20 years. Eee gad. I can't see him maturing, just getting more and more slovenly as the years go by.

Four hundred people and four thousand tacos. Oh hell no.

I’m totally behind Meri and the B&B. Maybe because it’s something I’d love to do. Especially with the family history there.

Not much of Janelle which I thought was a little weird.

lol, 4000 tacos.

There was finally a sparkle in Meri's eyes when she talked about the B&B. It's nice to see her back in the game. Of course it is sentimental, get over it Kody!

I noticed not much of Janelle too. Usually she quietly thinks about things and then has a lot to say. But maybe a lot was edited out because geez, that was a long episode!!

Did anyone catch that weird picture with all of the wives? Meri had long hair so it looked like it was from a long time ago, but then Robyn was in it too. Was that a picture that was photoshopped? Was that presented to Kody as a gift or something? I vaguely remember something like that.

I just watched it last night.

Holy CRAP!!! Mykelti and Tony are on another level. When Christine tried to explain to them that 400 people is going to cost a lot of money and they just shook their heads and said "yes we know" or "ok" or whatever they said....my mouth dropped. WOW!!

Now I understand the cultural part of it since I am Puerto Rican. It is very common in the Hispanic community to send an invitation and the person invited will bring a SIL or a MIL or a second cousin. Even if you put "Mr. and Mrs." they can easily show up with 5 people. I get that part that he was saying. BUT on the flip side you just need to open your mouth and tell people "Hey this invitation is only for you, DH and your two kids." It definitely can be hard because people can be easily offended but 400 people!!! You have to draw the line somewhere. He is totally using it an excuse.

I'm having this dilemma with planning DD's quinceanera. The way I'm going to "fix" it is by doing RSVP cards that state each person's name individually with a box to check for "coming" or "not coming." Or something along those lines. I just hope no one crosses someone's name out and puts another name or adds a name and a box themselves. It could happen!

I can't believe with 17 children (it is 17, right?) they wouldn't have planned out equity between the children and their weddings. Why didn't they figure x number of dollars for each child for each wedding? That way if one child or their betrothed wanted to blow the wad on 4000 tacos (I see you Tony) then they would have to pare down the number of guests. I just don't get it. These weddings are going to be coming fast and furiously and they are just now thinking about expenses?

Totally agree. I think he was telling Kody the wives should move the tables. I am trying to picture him in 20 years. Eee gad. I can't see him maturing, just getting more and more slovenly as the years go by.

lol, 4000 tacos.

There was finally a sparkle in Meri's eyes when she talked about the B&B. It's nice to see her back in the game. Of course it is sentimental, get over it Kody!

I noticed not much of Janelle too. Usually she quietly thinks about things and then has a lot to say. But maybe a lot was edited out because geez, that was a long episode!!

Did anyone catch that weird picture with all of the wives? Meri had long hair so it looked like it was from a long time ago, but then Robyn was in it too. Was that a picture that was photoshopped? Was that presented to Kody as a gift or something? I vaguely remember something like that.

I agree. Each kid should get X amount IMO. Or this should've been planned out ahead of time.

IMO, a big wedding and a marriage are two very different things. It's all about getting showered with all the attention for both of them. If the marriage lasts 5 years I'll be surprised. As a PP said Mykelti wanted to be a fashion designer and now she's as frumpy as Tony. Too bad Kody and Christine couldn't have convinced them to just date for ALOT longer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter